No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they don’t have pick 2 or 3 , there draw won’t be good finishing 2nd last?

Dees will be cherry ripe next year

Plus get some players back fit
Easy draw

The ease in which bottom Vic teams draw players is currently frustrating the hell out of me.

Then as you said, easy draw. But it’s more their ability to attract players no matter how crap they are when we have to double our efforts even when we’re up and about that shits me.

They currently do have pick 2. When we get to the draft they might not have it any more.

You can't judge the difficulty of a draw that has not been made yet for a season that has yet to be played. Lower ranked teams get theoretically easier draws, but that ease is based on the previous year's results.

Case in point - Melbourne would have been considered a bad team to have to play prior to 2019 and a draw requiring a team to play them twice would have been considered to be difficult as a result. Instead any team that got Melbourne twice this year hit the jackpot, they were a rabble.

As I said, the things you are pissed off about haven't happened yet. They haven't used pick 2 or 3. They haven't brought in any best 22 players. They haven't been given an easy draw. That's not to say that some or even all of them might happen... but how about saving your frustration until things actually come to pass?

The ease in which bottom Vic teams draw players is currently frustrating the hell out of me.

Then as you said, easy draw. But it’s more their ability to attract players no matter how crap they are when we have to double our efforts even when we’re up and about that s**ts me.

I can see gripes with cola in all honesty

But won’t ever see the pushback to northern academies as a way to combat go home factor

What do you base this on?

Could he be any worse?

Their list looks in ok shape for a building side

Also heard a few things he has changed just moves he will make

Was the one guy who would challenge Bolton’s ideas

What are you basing his failure on? Prior Carlton years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They currently do have pick 2. When we get to the draft they might not have it any more.

You can't judge the difficulty of a draw that has not been made yet for a season that has yet to be played. Lower ranked teams get theoretically easier draws, but that ease is based on the previous year's results.

Case in point - Melbourne would have been considered a bad team to have to play prior to 2019 and a draw requiring a team to play them twice would have been considered to be difficult as a result. Instead any team that got Melbourne twice this year hit the jackpot, they were a rabble.

As I said, the things you are pi**ed off about haven't happened yet. They haven't used pick 2 or 3. They haven't brought in any best 22 players. They haven't been given an easy draw. That's not to say that some or even all of them might happen... but how about saving your frustration until things actually come to pass?
Correct Robbie.
We don't even know how we are going to use Naismith when Grundy becomes our number one ruck man, after we give the Pies pick 4 along with pick 20, we get from Melbourne for Jones.
Then we are left with a massive dilemma on whether we should take Daniher with the pick 8 we get for Papley from Carlton or use it on Wines this draft & wait to get Daniher next season's draft after we win the 2020 flag.

Could he be any worse?

Their list looks in ok shape for a building side

Also heard a few things he has changed just moves he will make

Was the one guy who would challenge Bolton’s ideas

What are you basing his failure on? Prior Carlton years?

The diseased culture that club has permeating through it's walls, that raises it's head when a little bit of pressure comes their way after they are sitting 1 & 5 after 6 rounds. You've seen it, it's real. They have too many power brokers all wanting to have their say because of the amounts of money they pour in.
They still have the same people that employed Malthouse & that sacked Ratten & removed Betts, & co from the club.
The place is a joke.
Yes I base this 100% on prior Carlton years.
It's the only facts I have to back my opinion up!

The diseased culture that club has permeating through it's walls, that raises it's head when a little bit of pressure comes their way after they are sitting 1 & 5 after 6 rounds. You've seen it, it's real. They have too many power brokers all wanting to have their say because of the amounts of money they pour in.
They still have the same people that employed Malthouse & that sacked Ratten & removed Betts, & co from the club.
The place is a joke.
Yes I base this 100% on prior Carlton years.
It's the only facts I have to back my opinion up!

So poor clubs never turn around?

I’d prefer you are right

Guess we will see

Sorry Tedeski but your post on this matters reeks of #analysis bollocks and assuming that nothing can change to clubs. Look at Richmond ten years ago FFS. Even Hawthorn had a significant down period not that long ago.

Sorry Tedeski but your post on this matters reeks of #analysis bollocks and assuming that nothing can change to clubs. Look at Richmond ten years ago FFS. Even Hawthorn had a significant down period not that long ago.

Sydney mid 90s?

But nah Sydney good opposition bad

Sydney mid 90s?

But nah Sydney good opposition bad
Good call, though a bit different when you're dealing with the pre-draft era given that we had a shitty zone and not much money (unless Edelston was involved).

Good call, though a bit different when you're dealing with the pre-draft era given that we had a s**tty zone and not much money (unless Edelston was involved).

Oh absolutely still turned a steaming turd around

Carlton might not but Teague could be part of the change

Yes you are all right that all poor clubs can turn things around.
I am just enjoying watching clubs, that used to take the lower clubs' best players from them, sit it out as a rabble for a few years on end.
Carlton were one of those clubs.

But yeah, unfortunately they'll finish in the 8 one of these days.

I am just enjoying watching clubs, that used to take the lower clubs' best players from them, sit it out as a rabble for a few years on end.

enjoying it, dont blame you with that mob

Spot on like a Dalmation.

While those crims languish there is hope for the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back