Opinion Why the hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Its a well known fact West coast are fair traders, we offered all we could give and it still wasn't enough.
Didn't even offer a first round pick when you had a future first sitting there. "All we could give", what a load of rubbish. Why do WCE supporters constantly find the need to lie about last years trade period?

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Horses**t. 2 crappy picks in the 20’s for a guy who will probably finish top 3 in the brownlow. Gtfo.

What is it with these west coke nuffies?
Using your logic...Geelong rejected 2 picks in the 20's that would of been brownlow medallist's.

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
I don't think people hate Geelong. Probably sick of us is all. Scott is fairly generally disliked by most outside the footy media. Fair enough really.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon it's cause they thought they were rid of us then we got Danger.
Also we've given many teams some fair thumpings over the years. Its gotta hurt.

Aussies do tall poppy syndrome better than anyone. I mean we have the temerity to publicly state we want to play finals at our home ground? What sooks we are.

Gee I haven't used the word temerity for a while. For the Collingwood supporters lurking about it means audacity.

Using your logic...Geelong rejected 2 picks in the 20's that would of been brownlow medallist's.

Well now you're talking nonsense....actually most of it has been but I've tolerated it to now.

Time's up for you in this thread. Off you go....and quietly please.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Success breeds hate Hawks have samething, with best part of 15 years playing finals and lets be honest we have really beaten up some teams over that time..

It was 30+ years for teams like Richmond. They're
really cashing in their chips now. It's like a big cyst being excised.

If Melbourne ever win another flag, I reckon 40 years of those chickens will come home to roost too.

As far as Footscray goes, we've caused them more heartache than anyone over their journey but, by and large, after they won in 2016, they basked in it and enjoyed it. They pretty much still are.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
No I meant from other clubs. If you speak to anyone with half a brain they will say Selwood is a champion, but the majority, which is actually frightening have so much hate for him, constantly called a duck, cheat etc

I nearly got into strife fri with pie when he called him a ducker when he’d had is head strangled and arm pinned back for an obvious free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Because people are sick of us, we’ve been a consistently relevant team for a very long time, it’s 2019 and we’re minor premiers, it’s only natural that there’s a lot more hate towards Geelong than there was say 15-20 years ago.

Though I must say, we’ve become a laughing stock of late with our pathetic showings in September, you know what you’re going to get in finals with the cats, it’s frustrating as hell but would be satisfying for oppo fans to watch, if I didn’t go for the cats I’d be having a good laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FurTheWin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
Amongst the pigeons
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Banshees
I'd like to chime in here because I am new to this hating Geelong thing and I would like to give my perspective, firstly the Kelly trade left a bitter taste in my mouth due to how hard ball your administration was but then along come this year and the bragging mid season was the final straw...I'm now fully in hate "Hate Geelong" camp.

Tom, there's pages of this on the Bay, is there really any need to bring it in here?
I think Kelly is happy at Geelong as far as football goes, but his situation has little to do with the game itself
Fwiw I have respect for the Eagles, you've bottomed out a couple of times but when you come back you do it with intent
No one gave you much of a chance last year but you just got on with it and ended up worthy winners

I think most footy fans are coming into a season with high hopes for their team and especially their new recruits given that's the most visible change for them year in year out.

How annoyed would you be as a North fan then to see LDU not consistent at the level after 2 years as a pick 4 meanwhile Gryan Miers, pick 57 in the same draft, comes 5th in the rising star. Melbourne paid good trade capital for Jake Lever and Steven May while Tom Stewart has gone 2xAA as a guy we picked up as a local carpenter playing gfl.

If you weren't watching closely you'd be trying to come up with simple answers as to why Geelong can consistently outperform the expectations its list would set. The simple answers they reach for are all based on us gaming the system somehow and they repeat that in an echo chamber until everyone agrees on how arrogant the cats are.

Easier to focus on us rather than asking why your club has been beaten by a team made almost exclusively from semi-retirees, late pick/rookies, and former tradies

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Its a well known fact West coast are fair traders, we offered all we could give and it still wasn't enough.

“Offered all we could give” except a future first round pick.

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

“Offered all we could give” except a future first round pick.

Are you deliberately being obtuse?
He means "offered all we could give while trying to use Tim's family situation as leverage to get him much cheaper than he's worth"

I'd like to chime in here because I am new to this hating Geelong thing and I would like to give my perspective, firstly the Kelly trade left a bitter taste in my mouth due to how hard ball your administration was but then along come this year and the bragging mid season was the final straw...I'm now fully in hate "Hate Geelong" camp.
Take your hate to the AFL board. The Geelong board is all about love

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t mind other clubs/media despising us but when our own supporters are turning on the coach and players it shows the problems we have at the club.

It’s not as well run as we like to believe it is.

It's never as good or as bad as it seems... there are flaws in our club, but it's absolutely well run and the length to which people are going to be critical is absurd.

This is just demonstrably false, so I'm going to assume you came here to troll.

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
It's never as good or as bad as it seems... there are flaws in our club, but it's absolutely well run and the length to which people are going to be critical is absurd.

This is just demonstrably false, so I'm going to assume you came here to troll.
Look ive been asked to take my comments elsewhere, just remember not being welcome here may extend back the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back