Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

8676ce8d0c23bb9a43bd5bf0768e5542.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My general rule interpretation of this:
- I'm sure Hawthorn have enquired about Whitfield. But they enquire about many players from all clubs every year.
- Hawks openly discuss many trade value permutations in all of these discussions. It's ridiculous to think the hawks have landed on a combo and slapped it on the table as a final offer, or even starting bid, while the player is still in finals and under contract.
- It's much more likely that the hawks have floated a number of combinations past GWS to see what they're interested in.
- no trade involving Hawthorn is complete without weird 3rd and 4th round pick swaps.
- You need to charge your phone.

- I'm sure Hawthorn have enquired about Whitfield. But they enquire about many players from all clubs every year.
- Hawks openly discuss many trade value permutations in all of these discussions. It's ridiculous to think the hawks have landed on a combo and slapped it on the table as a final offer, or even starting bid, while the player is still in finals and under contract.
- It's much more likely that the hawks have floated a number of combinations past GWS to see what they're interested in.
- no trade involving Hawthorn is complete without weird 3rd and 4th round pick swaps.
My general rule of interpretation of this is, if it's from a random trade facebook page it is 99% dog shite.

One small addition:

- these rumour websites have the same amount of inside knowledge as my dog. ‘Strong rumours’ my backside ...

I have suspicions something is up. Frost will be a bit player if in fact correct. From what I hear, he is one of a couple we are speaking to in the KPD space. Frost was muted in the Lewis deal.

Every contact I have saying the same. Just think fundamentals. We budgeted for 1.1m for Cogs, possibly $1.5m first year front ended. I understood back in June we were expecting an additional net $1.5m based on List movements.
Simply that is nearly $3m pure. My numbers might be slightly out..........but still !!!
Something has to give with Plan B. or C.

Cap space is not the issue. Trade or Draft collateral is.
This is GW’s challenge.

Based on something just said to me by someone I trust “Cegs three years gives us flexibility”.
His comment surprised.
All I know is it will take an enormous offer to get BB out of Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is best comment I’ve read in weeks. Good for you Leather Poisoning 👍🏾

With Cegs getting 3 years, Macca being resigned earlier this year, and IIRC young Ned Reeves just recently getting a 1 or 2 year extension, would it be a fair assumption that Pitto may be out the door?

Where did you see Reeves get that contract. He's a genuine laughing stock and will be off the list next year. I spoke to some people on the weekend that are genuinely astonished he's on an afl list

Where did you see Reeves get that contract. He's a genuine laughing stock and will be off the list next year. I spoke to some people on the weekend that are genuinely astonished he's on an afl list
He signed another year. He is a project ruckman, he may take time.

Simply. No. Will not even be contemplated. Could well be next Cap.
Captain of which club?

Saints about to lose their captain. Saints rumoured to be bringing in a mature ruckman - rumours of Goldy or Ryder. But they desperately need leadership. I’d imagine he’s fond of both Ratts & Saints.

And Ceglar, whom most assumed was walking as a FA, suddenly extends for 3 years?

Come on Rhys Stanley!!!!!:straining:

The main reason I wouldn’t do that trade is that I reckon it could end up winning GWS a premiership. Smith on the wing for them and Big Boy in the ruck to me even though losing Whitfield would push them over the top.

The main reason I wouldn’t do that trade is that I reckon it could end up winning GWS a premiership. Smith on the wing for them and Big Boy in the ruck to me even though losing Whitfield would push them over the top.

Big boy would hurt however, he is ageing and cegs should do the job in the ruck despite the depth we’d have. Smith also ageing despite his late run of form towards the end of the season. We shouldn’t worry on the impact on other clubs we should worry about the impact on our club, and he would make a massive impact. 10 times better than the player in my username and would probably go from one of the best to the best player in the comp under clarko. I wouldn’t do this deal with anyone else however, I would with Lachie.

Where did you see Reeves get that contract.
The HFC website.

Hawthorn’s 2020 list is starting to take shape, with five promising young Hawks signing new one-year deals this week.

The quintet consists of second-year players Jackson Ross and Harrison Jones, along with first years Damon Greaves, Will Golds and Ned Reeves.

The group follows a string of recent re-signings, including fellow youngsters Changkuoth Jiath, Dylan Moore and James Cousins, as well as reigning Brownlow Medallist Tom Mitchell.

Time to move on from trying to get elite talent from GilWS.

Gil will allow the Giants to cook the books however they see fit to keep players there.

I wouldn’t bother wasting our time.

Time to move on from trying to get elite talent from GilWS.

Gil will allow the Giants to cook the books however they see fit to keep players there.

I wouldn’t bother wasting our time.
As much as i deplore Gil and the afl this attitude is a bit like throwing the toys out of the cot. Just because it happened once doesn’t mean it will apply for ever more. If at first you don’t succeed try try again.

Based on something just said to me by someone I trust “Cegs three years gives us flexibility”.
His comment surprised.
All I know is it will take an enormous offer to get BB out of Vic.
So what your saying Tops is that where trading BB to GWS where he’ll sign a 250k per season x 5 years with an additional 1.25m per season as the ambassador of all the really really big people 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back