No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine Brand is a better option than Frost. At least his disposal is decent.

Those comparing Frost and Frawley, Chip knows his limits and generally sticks to them. Frost is like runaway train whenever he gets near the ball.
Brand is a poor defender, at least Frost can actually defend his man

For mine Brand is a better option than Frost. At least his disposal is decent.

Those comparing Frost and Frawley, Chip knows his limits and generally sticks to them. Frost is like runaway train whenever he gets near the ball.
Brand is good in the air but bloody terrible at ground level with absolutely no turning circle. Frost would be the speediest defender in the league. His biggest problem is trying to dispose of the ball at break neck speed, which is near on impossible even if you were the most skillful player in the league. Very good one on one defender who’s flaws with ball in hand can be rectified with good coaching and less required with class ball users around him like Scrimshaw, Sicily and Hardwick.

Many ways to pin peeps on here but geez how boring would it be on here without different and varied thinkers? Phat for mine normally offers a considered alternative for polar views.

Cheers Bumps.
I’m here like everyone else in support of the Hawks.
I may not be popular but I do respect all those who are here posting both for & against me, sharing new, debating & getting a laugh.
👍🏼

if melb is inded looking at Tomlinson then it makes some sense that they may part with Frost. Could do a lot worse IMO in picking him up relatively cheaply
Why not get Tomlinson directly if he is same size with better ball use

Frost is a nightmare with the footy.

I see him as a Mohr replacement (assuming his injury is career ending), not an instant best 22
Wouldn’t move clubs to be depth. Frawley full back, Frost chb, allows sicily to play interceptor. I think we’ve had enough of brand and we shouldn’t stuff tob around by throwing him back, he’s just showing the potential we knew he had up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen Frost? The slightest upgrade on Brand, do not want if it cost us anything inside the first 3 rounds.
Slight upgrade on Brand. Really?
Brand would be lucky to play 50 games in his career

Frost’s value is 35-45

Have you seen Frost? The slightest upgrade on Brand, do not want if it cost us anything inside the first 3 rounds.
How is Kozi going, any chance in 2 years to play? we would also be good chance to get F McAsey with first round, I guess question is how long has Frawley got left.

Frost, nah gone cold on that idea.
Besides, if you asked our forwards who they found the more difficult to play against doubt Frost gets a mention. Recall we went hard after Frawley but it was Roughy who endorsed him as the most difficult of defenders.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plus he was free.
Free in terms of picks yes, not in salary cap though.
Frost is not going to command serious dollars and it sounds like the Melb cap has a squeeze after they brought in May and Lever

I don’t think there is any chance Frost becomes a DFA, we will have to trade if we want him

Apparently was spotted at Waverley yesterday. Anyone able to confirm this?

I have suspicions something is up. Frost will be a bit player if in fact correct. From what I hear, he is one of a couple we are speaking to in the KPD space. Frost was muted in the Lewis deal.

Every contact I have saying the same. Just think fundamentals. We budgeted for 1.1m for Cogs, possibly $1.5m first year front ended. I understood back in June we were expecting an additional net $1.5m based on List movements.
Simply that is nearly $3m pure. My numbers might be slightly out..........but still !!!
Something has to give with Plan B. or C.

Cap space is not the issue. Trade or Draft collateral is.
This is GW’s challenge.

Look he might not want to risk it.

But he is not under contract so will become a DFA if dees dont get a deal done before the end of trade period or offer him a contract he is interested in signing.

Unlikely. Yes.
Possible. Also Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back