Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2019 Cunnington and 2018-19 Higgins/Jed become bonafide guns with this bloke fit.
If an opposition midfielder gets us on the spread it’s fine because Jacobs always has the other covered.
Never has one player played such a part in a teams fortunes and successes.

Come on, mate. This hyperbole is ridiculous.

Jacobs is a good player who, structurally, makes a positive difference to our team. But his legend grows with every game he's missed (and that's a lot). Frankly, he's played about 20 good-excellent games of football for us.

Jacobs is a good player who, structurally, makes a positive difference to our team. But his legend grows with every game he's missed (and that's a lot). Frankly, he's played about 20 good-excellent games of football for us.

You've been outed as a non-believer.

Those you have experienced the BJ would never denounce the BJ.

You got in before me. As much as I want him back fit and firing, and as much as he does help our structure, by the way everyone is carrying on you'd think he had won 3 Brownlows, 2 premierships and was our leading goalkicker.

We have sacrificed our leader, the Footy Gods have been appeased.

Yep and it was the way we did it that TFG liked.

We knifed him on the altar of footy results without caring for the cost or what it made us look like.

They are now not only appeased, but we have their favour.

We have sacrificed our leader, the Footy Gods have been appeased.
He was a false prophet anyway, I don’t think the footy gods cared much for him.

The footy gods are old and like blood, it was the Collingwood and Richmond games and scamper encouraging the boys to kill which most appeasing.

The footy gods are old and like blood, it was the Collingwood and Richmond games and scamper encouraging the boys to kill which most appeasing.

PRECISELY, they are old ones and the only force that can overturn AFL shenanigans (see 1996).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2019 Cunnington and 2018-19 Higgins/Jed become bonafide guns with this bloke fit.
If an opposition midfielder gets us on the spread it’s fine because Jacobs always has the other covered.
Never has one player played such a part in a teams fortunes and successes.
Not only that, he is a beautiful user of the ball and his decision making is second to none! I hope this guy gets back on the park

Will be 28 years old at the beginning of the 2020 season.

Plenty of good football left in him if he gets himself right.

Don't think he will get himself right, when it's to do with the head, there is no recovery. The stress of trying to get fit will always be there with increasing intensity and will be too much for him. Same as Daw, serious pelvis injuries will result in many other injuries. His leg injury 3 games in was testament in that he will recovery to be a functional person but at elite level, it forces the body to the very extreme and that's where the problem lies at.

Defensive two runner needed. This guy has it in spades. He’s been out a long time now so expectations can’t be too high next year. But if we can squeeze a season out of him with no lingering concussion / sinusitis issues then this will be a big win.

By all reports, Benny J is done unfortunately. I think all of us here unconsciously have come to accept it. It irks me that no player at the club was able to fill the void left by him. EVERY team needs a tagger. And please, don't tell me Dumont can play that role.

yes he did:
IMG_0739 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Insanely high production values, lots of guest appearances including Bon Iver, A$ap Rocky, a remix by Underworld, special guest verse on the single from Vince Staples, but when Scamper tours it, the crowds just talk and text over it until he plays the old stuff.

Scamper now worrying friends and family with a series of increasingly unhinged Instagram posts about how he and only he can bring peace to the Middle East.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back