Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Ken definitely has his flaws and there are better head coaches out there, I think he can potentially be managed by the right assistants ....
I find this argument that we should keep Hinkley but just surround him with more competent assistants quite bizarre. Assistant coaches should compliment the head coach not cover for their inadequacies.

The problem with this approach at Ports, other than the fact that it only treats the symptoms and not the root cause, is that Hinkley has the final say and is stubborn and clueless.

As I've suggested previously, the better solution would be to get rid of Hinkley altogether and replace him with one of these "assistants".

I find this argument that we should keep Hinkley but just surround him with more competent assistants quite bizarre. Assistant coaches should compliment the head coach not cover for their inadequacies.

The problem with this approach at Ports, other than the fact that it only treats the symptoms and not the root cause, is that Hinkley has the final say and is stubborn and clueless.

As I've suggested previously, the better solution would be to get rid of Hinkley altogether and replace him with one of these "assistants".
It is quite bizarre isn't it. The CEO of a company would not just be given a better executive assistant and advisors if he or she was s**t at their job. So why do we insist on paying large sums of money and publicly backing in the guy who has 7 years to stand for something but has shown that he is only as good or bad as those around him. That is not a leader that is a chameleon.

I’d prefer we identify our next coach now, for 2020, and give him time to build the team of assistants he wants.

Building coaching teams takes time
Yep so would I but Hinkley is here to stay.

It may seem stupid to other people but if Port do monitor social media, coming in here and voicing our opinions is important.

Especially when everyone says he doesn't listen to his assistants anyway.

Agree, but trying to see the best solution for 2020 when baring some kind of miracle Ken will be our coach - just facing the reality of our situation.

So a week or 2 before the club confirmed he'd be here next year, there were a few "in the know" types on here doing smiley faces and indicating good news would be coming.....this is not to be critical of those posters, but how shd we interpret what happened?

I assume that the info released was that the club had decided it would go to the AFL to put its case forward that we wished to sack him, and that there was a belief that the AFL would give it the greenlight when taking into account loss revenue if he continued.

..but then the AFL blocked it or perhaps said it was contingent upon KT finding a sponsor in China.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine landing an 800k a year job where after 5 years of abject failure, not only have you still not been moved on, but your superiors change your performance agreements such that your failure now looks like a pass mark.

Bizarre.

I ask the same thing about yourself Mr. Sob Rave!

I've always wondered did Manu Reid actually know it spelt Manure ID or not?

Sack Hinkley.

53710.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back