List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t mind Frosty, he is getting the best out his footy despite considerable deficiencies in his game. Love his closing speed but he is an absolute liability with ball in hand.

Would much rather we went after Keath or Howard or continue to pump games into Durdin/McKay. All three of those scenarios work out better than targeting Frost imo

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But in other news, Campbell came 3rd in JJ medal. We can say bye bye to goldie as campbell is both younger and far more physically powerful. If geelong wants him, we will match his offer and force a trade even if its for 2nd rounder. Campbell is much more physical with ability to kick goals. Also he is less fit hence will allow a 2nd ruckman to be played or that Larkey will do a bit more rucking.

What are you talking about?
If Goldy wants out we can’t do f all about it.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Goldy wants out we can’t do f all about it.

precisely, i couldn't care less if he wants out. i would be happy if goes in that we start planning for the future. if the past doesn't die, future doesn't come. Goldstein, higgins are having an indian summer but the sun will ultimately set. We rely on them a lot yes, but it's much more damaging when the ones we rely on sudden falls over which by all account has a high degree of probability.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t mind Frosty, he is getting the best out his footy despite considerable deficiencies in his game. Love his closing speed but he is an absolute liability with ball in hand.

Would much rather we went after Keath or Howard or continue to pump games into Durdin/McKay. All three of those scenarios work out better than targeting Frost imo

i concur, makcay and durdin with tarrant as the general in the back.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sounds like another Shannon Watt.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is an appropriate response for rads posts.

Campbell's an honest footballer but I'm 99% sure swapping him in for Goldy won't solve our clearance woes.
What we need is for the players to unlearn their scottisms and for us to have more tricks in the bag than "giv to cunners pls Goldy"

The only reason we suck at getting the ball clear is because we are way too predictable and everyone else just tries to shark the tap, and then our 3 inside bulls have nobody at medium distance so it's either another bounce or jack slamming the ball forward.

Better off just giving Polec a bit more inside time, hes smart enough to sit off the pack for a handball.

Tiberius

Generational Talent
Sep 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But in other news, Campbell came 3rd in JJ medal. We can say bye bye to goldie as campbell is both younger and far more physically powerful. If geelong wants him, we will match his offer and force a trade even if its for 2nd rounder. Campbell is much more physical with ability to kick goals. Also he is less fit hence will allow a 2nd ruckman to be played or that Larkey will do a bit more rucking.
I always knew Mick Nolan was a man ahead of his time! We've been putting up with this fit ruckman nonsense for too long. Conditioning gurus have killed the game.

tiltraise

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2008
arden street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not convinced that picking up B and C grade players from other teams is going to make us A grade. I've caught this show before and It never seems to end that well. Getting two top 20 picks in this draft has a much better ring to it.

The two arent mutually exclusive. Frost will likely cost very little (4th rounder?).

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC

To be fair, McKay's a liability with ball in hand as well.

Frost is a much better footballer than McKay atm, so I don't get the argument that we should just play McKay. I actually found it interesting that he didn't seem to be even close to getting a look in under Shaw. If we can shift McKay for something decent, bring in Frost and/or Howard, and with Daw hopefully back, our KPD stocks will be in a very healthy position next year. Better than it would be atm in any case.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From what i saw of Frost this year he was shithouse. Don't want him, but never know might turn him into a decent player like we have with a number of others.

WD Roo

All Australian
Dec 18, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From what i saw of Frost this year he was s**thouse. Don't want him, but never know might turn him into a decent player like we have with a number of others.
Might has well re-draft Dan Nielson. Get over the crap talk of trading our crap players for other crap players. Our problems aren't players, it's the game plan.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trade any players (Mason) for picks (upgrade where possible) and go straight to the draft.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
RR and Quintero have hijacked this thread with absolute rubbish. We might as well wind the thread back to page 150 and start again.
It is a bit weird reading the thread with them blocked, but even so, it still makes more sense than it did when I could see their posts. Do yourself a favour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back