List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would need to have our first rounder going back the other way
No ******* chance. Isaac Smith is the latest one in a long procession of older Hawks that the club is trying to shed to free some cap for their ongoing rebuild. The previous three - Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge all netted them junk picks and nothing else. They would have done the same to Roughead if he had played along with their wishes. Smith is useful to a few clubs, but for a very short period. And they (Hawks) have been looking to foist him off somewhere for cap freeing purposes. If another club is receptive to the idea, it will be for nothing but crap picks plus a contract a bit longer than the Hawks are prepared to offer.

No ******* chance. Isaac Smith is the latest one in a long procession of older Hawks that the club is trying to shed to free some cap for their ongoing rebuild. The previous three - Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge all netted them junk picks and nothing else. They would have done the same to Roughead if he had played along with their wishes. Smith is useful to a few clubs, but for a very short period. And they (Hawks) have been looking to foist him off somewhere for cap freeing purposes. If another club is receptive to the idea, it will be for nothing but crap picks plus a contract a bit longer than the Hawks are prepared to offer.
I was taking the piss. Smith has no trade value, dude is ancient and also not that good anymore.

I was taking the piss. Smith has no trade value, dude is ancient and also not that good anymore.
Thank *.

You deadpanned it well and I got sucked in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Petty is coming along as a forward ... he was pretty average as a defender. While the apparent plan for Tomlinson is on the wing.

It could just be his management giving us a bit of a kick along to get an offer on the table.
Petty is a better forward than weid

Oh well, at least we got 1 season out of pick 29 we used to get Hibberd. So far that's actually a better return than the 3 first rounders we used to get Lever and May

Go us
It was a win-win trade. We were a better side in 2017 than we were last year and a lot of that is down to Hibbo. Gave us the platform for finals in 2018, but I also really regret no going deeper in 2017 and it’s a big ‘what-if’ Gawn hadn’t gone down, we hadn’t had that mid season injury crisis, and we’d discovered TMac as a forward earlier. Because as fun as 2018 was we coasted without ever playing football as good as we saw in 2017 at stages, and no we’re sh**e again

Anyway.

It was a win-win trade. We were a better side in 2017 than we were last year and a lot of that is down to Hibbo. Gave us the platform for finals in 2018, but I also really regret no going deeper in 2017 and it’s a big ‘what-if’ Gawn hadn’t gone down, we hadn’t had that mid season injury crisis, and we’d discovered TMac as a forward earlier. Because as fun as 2018 was we coasted without ever playing football as good as we saw in 2017 at stages, and no we’re sh**e again

Anyway.

The really sad thing is it is actually a win for us

Let's face it, we follow a s**t club

I've suspected it for awhile now, the Neeld years almost did me in but that bastard Peter Jackson gave me a glimmer of hope that we could rise about our bed of mediocrity. What a prick giving us hope

Marc, you could have used these detective like skills for all manners of greater purpose.

It was just about that bloke that said Hawthorn wanted Petracca and our first for Smith.
Ah. I missed that gem.

Honestly don’t understand some Hawks supporters. They have been dreaming for years about the high picks that their 30 plus discards they push out will net them. Nothing great ever transpires, yet still they dream. They should save time, retain their delusional qualities and support Melbourne. That’s the club where you can put your big dreams in the face of very limited returns to good work.

Ah. I missed that gem.

Honestly don’t understand some Hawks supporters. They have been dreaming for years about the high picks that their 30 plus discards they push out will net them. Nothing great ever transpires, yet still they dream. They should save time, retain their delusional qualities and support Melbourne. That’s the club where you can put your big dreams in the face of very limited returns to good work.
My only dream is pick 2 and next year’s first round for Lachie Whitfield and pick 17.

We all love Frost Ball. But reality is how many premiership contenders have such iffy kicks down back? If we keep him he needs to be contained. Clarkson wouldn’t have him running out of the backline like a mad man turning it over. Can we make him a better decision maker?

I’m happy to keep but I won’t be too worried if we lose him. If we can get pick 28 from Hawks that’s probably going to do it. We’d like more but not sure we’d get it.

Ah. I missed that gem.

The ‘Dawkes’ was a genuine possibility but they just couldn’t get their heads around it.

Look how it’s all turned out! Jokes on th... wait

Fair enough too. If Hawks are offering pick 10 or something then yeah we take it if they only wanna offer 46 then we keep him.

Three firsts or they can * off. You don't sell the Golden Goose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back