Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interrupted pre-season due to hip surgery (mentioned earlier in the thread).

This pisses me off so much. Should have gone under the knife in July, should have been ready for the start of pre-season. Instead, we have destroyed his next year as well as this one. If there is a single player on our list that needs a full preseason, it's Raz FFS!
I hope whoever picks up Crows scraps is some kind of sorcerer, because Raz is in need of a miracle.

This really is poor management, an injured Raz wasn’t going to win us anything. The priority should have been 2020 as others have said. Having him ready by start of December at the latest.

This was a decision based on short term arse saving

Some of you seem really upset that the surgery that we've known was going to happen for a month or two has all of a sudden happened.
It's not the surgery, it's the timing. I am also frustrated we played an ineffective Raz on one leg instead of reading the writing on the wall and sending him for surgery a month or two ago when we all found out he needed it. Playing him was helpful to neither us nor Fantasia, it's bewildering to try and understand why we might have thought it was a good idea.

It's not the surgery, it's the timing. I am also frustrated we played an ineffective Raz on one leg instead of reading the writing on the wall and sending him for surgery a month or two ago when we all found out he needed it. Playing him was helpful to neither us nor Fantasia, it's bewildering to try and understand why we might have thought it was a good idea.
There wasn't this whining when we were informed, but now that it's happened as planned there's a whole bunch of sooking. Hindsight heroism much? (Not you specifically but the general posting in the thread.

I guarantee you that if we had put him in for surgery during the season the same people would have been sooking that we screwed up by not having him available.

I guess everyone also knew the surgery would put him out of action for a few months? No? Didn't think so.
You mean standard post surgery recovery - I guess only if they engaged their brains which might be asking a bit much

I guess everyone also knew the surgery would put him out of action for a few months? No? Didn't think so.

Obviously. The argument is his performance since his injury has been complete opposite of his usual output. No better than Baguley. So what was the point of playing him? They should have realised that a month or so ago at least. Season would have been over and operation done earlier

Some of you seem really upset that the surgery that we've known was going to happen for a month or two has all of a sudden happened.

The surgery wasn’t a surprise, but Didn’t think it would take 4 months just to resume training.

You mean standard post surgery recovery - I guess only if they engaged their brains which might be asking a bit much

No need to be a smartarse

Standard post surgery - of course. everyone knows the standard post surgery time for every type of injury. How silly of me.

If only the club engaged their brains and realised. Though, Woosha keeping his job was far more important than having fit players who could win us games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply put, the management of Fantasia over the course of this season (including when to play, when to operate) has likely detrimentally impacted his value as a player commodity (bad business), as well as the the team's on-field performances (bad football).

The decisions that produced this outcome were not made once at the beginning of the season, but repeatedly, every week. This is what requires explanation.

There wasn't this whining when we were informed, but now that it's happened as planned there's a whole bunch of sooking. Hindsight heroism much? (Not you specifically but the general posting in the thread.

I guarantee you that if we had put him in for surgery during the season the same people would have been sooking that we screwed up by not having him available.

I have been saying for 2 months that he should've gone in for surgery, and I've read countless others stating the same. There is no hindsight heroism here.

When Devon was booked in for surgery, the tone I picked up in here was one of appreciation the club was making the diificult but correct decision. I can't see how this would be any different, it was plain for all to see how hampered they both were.

I'm wondering if some of the issues of players picking up Injuries is the club giving the players too much power to make the call. Could be a leftover side effect of the saga.

Players are being given to much choice. They are always going to want to play. When the medical advice should probably be, sure you can play but long term it's better if you didn't.

It makes a bit more sense than the club having a woefully inept fitness department.
So not so much who or what we are doing but the process of involving the players in the decision may be incorrect.
You can go back to instances with laverde playing with the hamstring in pre season. The club is ultra conservative sometimes other times it's not, Jayden wanted to break into the 22 of course if given choice he would play. Daniher not being entirely upfront with how bad his issue was with the club.

Tom Morris reporting that Fantasia could still be on the way out with the Power a likely destination for his services.

I would be personally disappointed if he left but he has never played 22 games in one season. A career best 20/22 in 2017.

If we were to lose Joe and Fantasia in the one off season, maybe it would be time to accept we're rebuilding and go to the draft.

Tom Morris reporting that Fantasia could still be on the way out with the Power a likely destination for his services.

I would be personally disappointed if he left but he has never played 22 games in one season. A career best 20/22 in 2017.

If we were to lose Joe and Fantasia in the one off season, maybe it would be time to accept we're rebuilding and go to the draft.

Rebuilding after obtaining Saad, Smith, Stringer and Shiel and trading for shedload of picks. That’ll be nuts!

Rebuilding after obtaining Saad, Smith, Stringer and Shiel and trading for shedload of picks. That’ll be nuts!

We wouldn't call it a rebuild though.

Would be rebranded as a 'strategic realignment of the list to promote inclusiveness' or something crap.

Back