Autopsy Roast & toast qualifying final Brisbane vs Richmond, changes for PRELIMINARY FINAL vs GEELONG

Best five

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 3: Dion Prestia

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 5: Brandon Ellis

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 10: Shane Edwards

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 12:David Astbury

• 14: Bachar Houli

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 22: Josh Caddy

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 25: Toby Nankervis

• 27: Shai Bolton

• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 47: Ivan Soldo

• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished 2nd in the H&A, playing at the Gabba.

GWS played an underperforming Dogs.. punters clearly dont trust GWS.

FWIW I think the Lions will win too. - Hoping they knock off Collingwood after that too but that's much less likely. Then we can beat them for the third time in 5 weeks :D
We need to win our PF first!

In saying that who does everyone honestly rather play?
Geelong probably the obvious choice but we are losing our true home ground advantage like to the Pies last even though Geelong don't like the MCG however it's still in "Victoria".
Then you have the Eagles the reigning premiers who jumped us early only a couple weeks ago and ended in a hard fought win. They have to travel 2 weeks in a row and we'll have a true home ground advantage.

I'm saying I rather Geelong but not with great confidence.

Lol neutrals are absolutely petrified by the thought of us winning the flag this season.
I get the feeling that most neutrals by the comments I've read would prefer scumwood to win it all which is really hard to believe and quite un Australian .

A couple of factors against the Lions.
1. A very soft H&A draw.
No interstate matches against Coll, WC, Geel.
2. A lack of finals experience.
3. Nothing compared to the 2001-03 team of champions.
Voss, Black, Power, Aker, plus others.
By the way, didn't think Jobe Watson did a bad job commentating.
Cousin of Seb Ross.

Can somebody please explain to me how the lions are favourites against GWS

Lions $1.65
GWS $2.35

I won $550 last week taking Richmond 40+ and thinking about going all in GWS 40+ paying $10
I agree, GWS are value.

Brisbane are punching above their weight. Just not that good a side. Their forward line is no good, and then I think the defence will struggle with Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson, Daniels.

Jobe was okay.
The key to being a good commentator is being relaxed on air, almost like a conversation, not overdoing it.
I remember when Timmy Watson made his news debut on 7, he was shaking like a leaf.
I don't have Foxtel, only Live Pass, but I think Rooey is the best.
Live Pass shows both 7 and Foxtel.

I agree, GWS are value.

Brisbane are punching above their weight. Just not that good a side. Their forward line is no good, and then I think the defence will struggle with Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson, Daniels.
Especially if they keep defending high against GWS like they did us.

Andrews is a good defender but often he’s too aggressive, works in H & A however it does come unstuck in finals. If they’re not careful Greene is going to have a field day in front of goals, even playing midfield, as well as Cameron and the rest of their forward line.

Will be interesting to see who DeBoar tags, Neale is an accumulator and not a bad player, can definitely be damaging but I think Zorko is more dangerous with less touches, wonder how GWS will read that.

A couple of factors against the Lions.
1. A very soft H&A draw.
No interstate matches against Coll, WC, Geel.
2. A lack of finals experience.
3. Nothing compared to the 2001-03 team of champions.
Voss, Black, Power, Aker, plus others.
By the way, didn't think Jobe Watson did a bad job commentating.
Cousin of Seb Ross.
These factors are against the lions for wins at the G. But this week, the game is in Brizzy. For those reasons, I go for Brisbane against the Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A video from when we were in a "hole" as Slobbo called it. Could see on his face at the end that he thought we were done. Go tiges

I've never bought in to the Gerard Whateley hate as I think that he generally has a fairly balanced view of things but I must admit that watching this made me think what a w***er is Gerard. Robbo actually has a point of how can you suspend someone on the basis of potential harm done when every second act on a footy field has potential. I just wonder where Gerard sat with gases 3 elbows before he finally got done. Also lol at Dusty's frustration not being from De boer. No ticket for you Gerald

No doubt Hipwood pushed him while he was standing the mark, (wrong) with enough force to knock him off balance... I guess the fact that Grimes ended up on the ground was the staging part of it (wrong) ...but Hipwood's action still warranted the reversal of the free kick. Which was important. As it saved a goal. 2 wrongs do make a right. Lets all chip in for the $1000 fine
10c per member!

All i was saying is that in my opinion your forward line is less dangerous than last season, especially if De Goey doesnt get up or isnt close to 100% plus Cox being out (IMO they were both the main reasons you smashed us)....
Reckon the Tiger's had a massive brain fade that day. Sidearse was again allowed to roam free on the half back line and their midfield creamed us.
It would be an epic granny if it comes to it this year and whilst we are still missing some good players I think we're hitting our straps at the right time and... #pieshaveinjuries

Especially if they keep defending high against GWS like they did us.

Andrews is a good defender but often he’s too aggressive, works in H & A however it does come unstuck in finals. If they’re not careful Greene is going to have a field day in front of goals, even playing midfield, as well as Cameron and the rest of their forward line.

Will be interesting to see who DeBoar tags, Neale is an accumulator and not a bad player, can definitely be damaging but I think Zorko is more dangerous with less touches, wonder how GWS will read that.

Hope he tags Zorko and he gets the physical treatment. See if he pats anyone on the head after that.

I suppose everybody has a different view but i just cant see how the Lions stop 10 A grade players even at home
Lets see how that works out and i look at it like i have $100 to lose but $5500 to win after richmond bringing home the bacon last week
You can easily cover your bet. You shouldn’t be losing anything and a smart professional punter could cover that bet to win at least $2000. At least cover your $100 Pistol.

We need to win our PF first!

In saying that who does everyone honestly rather play?
Geelong probably the obvious choice but we are losing our true home ground advantage like to the Pies last even though Geelong don't like the MCG however it's still in "Victoria".
Then you have the Eagles the reigning premiers who jumped us early only a couple weeks ago and ended in a hard fought win. They have to travel 2 weeks in a row and we'll have a true home ground advantage.

I'm saying I rather Geelong but not with great confidence.
Beating Geelong in another PF would be ******* delicious

Last edited:
GWS are certainties. Kelly and Whitfield ill destroy them and they will tag Neale out of the game with his old Freo teammate .
Can somebody please explain to me how the lions are favourites against GWS

Lions $1.65
GWS $2.35

I won $550 last week taking Richmond 40+ and thinking about going all in GWS 40+ paying $10

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back