Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the speculation on Big Boy which is understandable given the Ceglar news.

Geelong in need of a ruck and love to draft older players to top up.

I was thinking a 3 way trade with
Cats and WC and involving Kelly.
Not sure whom we would like from WC but they would need to give up something decent as part of trades and not having much trade pick currency.

I want postulate a trade and worth's and the like bit I can see a good trade to get involved with.

Reading the speculation on Big Boy which is understandable given the Ceglar news.

Not sure whom we would like from WC but they would need to give up something decent as part of trades and not having much trade pick currency.

I want postulate a trade and worth's and the like bit I can see a good trade to get involved with.
Wait what... are you asking us to envisage Big Boy in a Geelong uniform? Ummm yeah that’s a nope from me 👎🏽

Send BB to the Cats? Username checks out.

So, can we get any currency back if Pitto goes?

As far as I'm aware he's not contracted for 2020 or beyond, but is not a free agent. Do we need to sign him to a contract to be able to trade him? Is that even a possibility? I know sign and trades are a thing in other sports.

Or if he gets a better contract offer elsewhere/more suitable conditions elsewhere, is it simply going to be a case of him rejecting our offer and getting picked up by that club as a DFA?

I can almost guarantee that Cegs doesn’t sign for 3 years unless he is absolutely 100% guaranteed he is number 1 ruckman next year.. that leaves an interesting position with Big boy, something is brewing.
Playing McEvoy in defence the last couple of games now makes sense. Seeing how Cegs handles it....preparing him for #1 ruck.

Based on something just said to me by someone I trust “Cegs three years gives us flexibility”.
His comment surprised.
All I know is it will take an enormous offer to get BB out of Vic.

Flexibility to move BB into the backline, perhaps. And then pursue more scoring and midfield control players. Or the flexibility to deal, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no way the Saints trade for McEvoy. They have Marshall developing nicely and they need picks to acquire Hill via trade. I wouldn’t be shocked if GWS are after McEvoy. They need a ruckman.

I can absolutely see McEvoy going to GWS in a deal, it’s a deadset match in heaven... the interesting thing would be what comes back to us, we’d be playing with fire sending our first round pick anywhere with Finns development.

Not sure what’s going on.

On Frost... I can’t see this being a big deal at all. If he gets to Hawthorn, great... we get to delist Schoey, Mohr & Mirra & still have some KPD depth that can get on the park. That is it.
Trent Mckenzie would be a better option as cover for Stratts & add some depth if we are chasing an attacking style player on the cheap. I love the idea of him & Sicily kicking out of defence.

Whitfield... EAD. Actually try that on Gil & mop up your chin with $100 notes from your ambassador money.

Cegs as #1... cheap. System. Continuity.

BB... if we can structure up with a 7 man defence & BB plays CHB, I’m good with this. Great intercept player. He needs a licence to roam

Big fish... it’s still coming. I can feel it in my bones... ; ) & Im sure we will be satisfied with the outcome.

Hawthorn Out: McEvoy + 10
Hawthorn In: Pick 5

Saints Out: Pick 5, (Maybe a Future Second*?)
Saints In: Hill + McEvoy

Fremantle Out: Hill
Fremantle In: Pick 10, (Maybe a Future Second*?)

?

Seriously wouldn't bother trading out big boy to move up 5 places in the draft, if we were that desperate for pick 5 then we should have just lost our last 3 games of the season.

I can almost guarantee that Cegs doesn’t sign for 3 years unless he is absolutely 100% guaranteed he is number 1 ruckman next year.. that leaves an interesting position with Big boy, something is brewing.

I'm pretty sure BB has a farm at Albury that he is keen to get back to. I could potentially see him at Giants and fast tracking those plans.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Big Boy is potentially part of the Whitfield deal then I have no qualms in him going.
If not then we are essentially giving a rival a massive leg up.
Big Boy in my opinion is the fourth best ruckman behind Grundy, Gawn and Naitanui and is better around the ground than those 3 bar Grundy, he’s elite. Big Boy would put them in flag contention. We’d have to be getting a bit back to deal McEvoy. I wish the AFL industry were mature enough for Whitfield to see how contract out but state in 2021 he’ll be a Hawk but we just aren’t and all the bottom feeder journos would rip him apart

If Big Boy is potentially part of the Whitfield deal then I have no qualms in him going.
If not then we are essentially giving a rival a massive leg up.
Big Boy in my opinion is the fourth best ruckman behind Grundy, Gawn and Naitanui and is better around the ground than those 3 bar Grundy, he’s elite. Big Boy would put them in flag contention. We’d have to be getting a bit back to deal McEvoy. I wish the AFL industry were mature enough for Whitfield to see how contract out but state in 2021 he’ll be a Hawk but we just aren’t and all the bottom feeder journos would rip him apart
What if they gave you one of their first rounders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back