Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm you may not trade Daniher but you need a whole lot more than just another inside mid...
There's a perfectly good thread for discussing all the holes or lack thereof in each clubs list. For Essendon, it's here.

The only thing that we need that is likely to require the picks and cap space we could get from moving Joe on is the mid. I wouldn't turn my nose up at Brodie Grundy but I doubt he's on the table tbh. The rest of our needs are not likely to be that expensive.

Nobody is going to trade for Daniher this year and Essendon want to keep him regardless.
Sydney only met with him to encourage him not to extend his contract until they make him an FA offer next year.

Nobody is going to trade for Daniher this year and Essendon want to keep him regardless.
Sydney only met with him to encourage him not to extend his contract until they make him an FA offer next year.
Yerp

Plus everyone knows you’d be dealing with the dodo.

And no one in the industry can be bothered dealing with that fraud

I don't want picks for Joe unless we're on-trading them for proven talent.

Dodo's form in the draft is absolutely shocking. We'd literally be throwing picks away.

That’d be decent. We can use one of them potentially for Ollie Wines.

But I don’t want to trade Daniher.
If you were offered that you would snap their hands off and laugh all the way to the bank...

Last edited:
Pick 4 + Pick 8 (Carlton) for Joe Daniher + 2nd rounder.

That is a great deal for both clubs.

So 4 + Papley for Daniher and a second round selection?

That is a shocking trade for the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon Receive: Pick 4, 8 and Darcy Cameron.
Sydney Receive: Joe Daniher, Kobe Mutch, Pick 29 and 31.

Yeah, great deal for 'both' clubs - carlton and essendon.

Sydney supporters would riot.
I’m sure Sydney recruiters are mature enough to not overrated draft picks. Daniher is a special talent that you won’t get in this years national draft. Also contracted.

Pick 4 and pick 8 for Daniher is a joke right?
And a second back. Don’t forget the second.

He’s contracted. Anything less and it isn’t worth trading him anymore. There’s no way you’re going to get a contracted KPF like Daniher unless you pay premium price.

In order for him to go there, Sydney will pay him a lot of money, which means he’ll go for more than a speculative first rounder.

If not, I’m more than happy to keep him. He wants to stay and we want him to stay. TBH, I’d rather keep him than trade him and I don’t think he’ll leave anyway. But if he does leave, we need to be adequately compensated for that.

Not in the slightest
Actually in terms of draft picks would be the most expensive trade in history for a player that only averages 1.8 goals a game, 1 top 10 would be adequate for this trade and Essendon still getting overs on it...

The only reason we’d need cap space is if we can get our hands on a quality inside mid, which requires us to be adequately compensated for Daniher considering we don’t have much to trade with.

Otherwise, there’s no reason to trade Daniher. Sydney will do their due diligence as well regarding his injury.

Losing Joey for a quality inside mid is sideways or backwards, unless it's Cripps or Fyfe.

lol

Joe has a year left on his contract. If he wants to go to the swans Essendon should absolutely over value the s**t out of him.

If he stays and performs in 2020 we offer a massive deal....

He is an RFA at the end of 2020. We can match any deal Sydney offer him.

Essendon own all the cards here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back