Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorcelainBus

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Freo, swan districts
I desperately wanted Clark last year. This year i want Jeremy Sharp - similar in many ways and he has done well in the WAFL at league level just like Clark - sometimes it can be hard to rate kids that haven't played against men yet - maybe why there are so many failures from the TAC system? WA kids usually get a taste of WAFL and you can see if they can compete.

How about Ben Sokol for a mature age prospect. I don't know anything about him other than that he's a 23 year old 186cm forward who has averaged 14 disposals and 2+ goals in 83 wafl games. Recent run of form with 25 goals in 4 games. 37 goals from his last 10. Accuracy looks ok to at 37.16. Anyone know anything about him?

PorcelainBus

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Freo, swan districts
Sokol would be a good get as a late/rookie pick - just not sure what role he'd play - a little bit Menzel like i suppose - maybe including the not so defensive game?? I wouldn't be unhappy. Though he is playing with Subiaco who are totally dominant in the WAFL which may skew his figures a little

Leeds17

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Leeds United
Jenkins is an absolute spud. Complete waste of space and list clogger.

The world has gone mad abd we seriously don’t rate our list if we are even somewhat interested in this piece of dead wood

First half of this post is ridiculous, 2014-2018 the guy has kicked 40,46,62,45,46 goals, but yeah "absolute spud"

That being said his time has past & there's no place for him here imo.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
First half of this post is ridiculous, 2014-2018 the guy has kicked 40,46,62,45,46 goals, but yeah "absolute spud"

That being said his time has past & there's no place for him here imo.

I'm not saying I want him, but he was on pace for 44 goals this year with 22 in 11 games. So idk if his time has passed just yet.

strauchnyy

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Jenkins was always a tall who played small and fell off a cliff this year spending a lot of the time in the 2s being dropped twice when Adelaide were crying out for another forward to help tex. who would he push out? Esava is who we should persist with.

There’s a reason there’s hardly any interest in him and Adelaide are pushing him out.

I’m not sure why we arnt targeting Jamie Elliot who is a FA and plays as a marking forward with elite pressure. Would be good in our team this week instead of rohan

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
We over rate our list
And under rate opposition players

How do you figure that..? Cause the thought of Jenkins fills few with joy?
There are plenty of players on other lists id like and rate highly.. as far as over rate our list there is plenty of talent there. Enough to play finals and win finals .. we have holes in our list most clubs do...

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
How about Ben Sokol for a mature age prospect. I don't know anything about him other than that he's a 23 year old 186cm forward who has averaged 14 disposals and 2+ goals in 83 wafl games. Recent run of form with 25 goals in 4 games. 37 goals from his last 10. Accuracy looks ok to at 37.16. Anyone know anything about him?

Vaguely recall him from his draft year. Played WA U18's.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm not saying I want him, but he was on pace for 44 goals this year with 22 in 11 games. So idk if his time has passed just yet.

Jenkins represents a cant see the forrest for the tree Im chopping down type mindset .. Should we really be trying to add a tall thats only 6 months younger than Hawkins... so short sighted that I could only think that they are not really caring about 3 or 4 years time ..its all about 2020

If they get Daniher i'd like to take a shot at Reid, he was really good this year.
Has Reid had injury issues in the past and is he over those issues?

I haven't followed Sydney that closely this year.

Another Sydney play to potentially get in the ear of could be McCartin - weren't we apparently interested in him during his draft year?

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
Has Reid had injury issues in the past and is he over those issues?

I haven't followed Sydney that closely this year.

Another Sydney play to potentially get in the ear of could be McCartin - weren't we apparently interested in him during his draft year?

Has had injuries in the past but they seem to be behind him now and he had a great year, his hands are fantastic, would look good next to Hawk.

McCartin I think he signed and extension until 2021 last year so he wont be going anywhere, swans rate him pretty highly i believe, we only had media interest as far I know as he is from Geelong.

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
Jenkins is an absolute spud. Complete waste of space and list clogger.

The world has gone mad abd we seriously don’t rate our list if we are even somewhat interested in this piece of dead wood

After the events of this week for you to even mention someone being a "spud" is pretty poor taste.

Played all 22 this year and has done so 6 of his 9 seasons.
Cheers - I remember something from when he signed like a 5-year contract and then struggled to get on the park during the early stages of the new deal

Durability would be good - definitely someone to talk to

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
We over rate our list
And under rate opposition players
No, I'd like Cripps, Yeo, Grundy, Gawn, Fyfe, King, Whitfield, Coniglio, Kelly, Cameron, Tarrant, R.Gray, Grimes, Martin, Reiwoldt, King, Lloyd, Papley, Naughton, Macrae, Bontempelli, McGovern at our club
In a package deal please

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
I get this feeling the cats are going to give it 1 more big shot next year trade in steven for pick 37 Goldstein F/A still will leave us around picks 15, 19, 23 and 58

Think Ablett and Taylor will retire that frees up the cash for Steven and Goldy...

But 3rd and 4th rounders may have value this year as not everyone will use them, meaning you could have pick 70's coming into late fifties early sixties...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back