List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What pick would you rate him on an open market (ie. not constrained by whatever picks Hawthorn may have)?
~20 I'd say. Best 22 with still some upside if he someone can teach him to make better decisions.

Blokes like Stanley, Melksham, Yarran etc have gone in that range and that's about his value.

Be ****ed if May does a string next year and we are stuck with OMac at fullback again

~20 I'd say. Best 22 with still some upside if he someone can teach him to make better decisions.

Blokes like Stanley, Melksham, Yarran etc have gone in that range and that's about his value.

Be f’ed if May does a string next year and we are stuck with OMac at fullback again
Yep - and we'll stunt Petty's forward development by making him s**t himself as a KPD again.

We have had one half decent (read ******* average) year of Frostball and everyone is worried about losing this prick, can't kick and can't keep his feet, hopefully the market overvalues him as much as our supporters do, can't get rid of the prick fast enough.

We have had one half decent (read ******* average) year of Frostball and everyone is worried about losing this prick, can't kick and can't keep his feet, hopefully the market overvalues him as much as our supporters do, can't get rid of the prick fast enough.
The blokes a liability and an accident waiting to happen, if the club can get a pick inside 30 for him they should be dancing in the streets. The fact the coach christened him frostball says it all

The blokes a liability and an accident waiting to happen, if the club can get a pick inside 30 for him they should be dancing in the streets. The fact the coach christened him frostball says it all
Timely post from Marc_Remillard which highlights how shite frost had been (closely followed by Omac) check that one out.

We all love Frost Ball. But reality is how many premiership contenders have such iffy kicks down back? If we keep him he needs to be contained. Clarkson wouldn’t have him running out of the backline like a mad man turning it over. Can we make him a better decision maker?

I’m happy to keep but I won’t be too worried if we lose him. If we can get pick 28 from Hawks that’s probably going to do it. We’d like more but not sure we’d get it.

Not enough for me, unless that gets us Langdon (which it won't).

Hawthorn get: Frost +Pick 56
Melbourne get: 28 + 45 OR 28 + Smith OR 28 + Glass

Not enough for me, unless that gets us Langdon (which it won't).

Hawthorn get: Frost +Pick 56
Melbourne get: 28 + 45 OR 28 + Smith OR 28 + Glass
Something something if you want glass something something Essendon after party

Timely post from Marc_Remillard which highlights how s**t frost had been (closely followed by Omac) check that one out.
Great post by Marc_Remillard, if it wasn’t obvious how bad Frost has been over his whole time at Melbourne then there it is in black and white, taking into account this was his best year as well.

SAM FROST: Melbourne has seriously lowballed the out-of-contract key defender, who looks certain to reject that contract offer and join a third AFL club. It emerged last night that North Melbourne — following Scott Thompson’s retirement — could overtake Hawthorn as a suitor with both clubs targeting key defenders. (In today's Herald Sun).

State of play: The Demons haven't announced it but Corey Wagner has re-signed for another year, in a bid to prove he can be a long-term player at the club. The ex-Roo and pre-season supplemental selection period signee made 11 senior appearances in his first season in red and blue. Co-captain Nathan Jones was also a free agent and was locked away on a new one-year contract last week. As for potential incomings, the link between Melbourne and Giants unrestricted free agent Adam Tomlinson has strengthened in recent weeks to the point industry sources believe he is certain to become a Demon. (https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-11/2019-free-agents-who-will-stay-who-will-go-latest-whispers)

What do North have that we might like? Taylor Garner? Mason Wood? Swap Pick 25 for pick 38? SHAUN HIGGINS?

I would like Jayden Laverde as well, price dependant. Cutler? Lewis Taylor? Broomhead? Casboult? Fletcher Roberts in for Frosty? Roarke Smith? Buzza? Fraser McInnes?

If we lose Frost, we're happy to make 'tough' calls on JKH & Stretch, and if Tim Smith follows Lewis, Maynard, Keilty and Garlett out of the club, I have no issue whatsoever with trying to sign 3-5 players with AFL experience.

Happy for JWag, ANB, Lockhart, Baker, Joel Smith, Chandler + Bradtke to be re-signed too.

I would have rather delisted Wagner the spud and given that extra cash to Frost tbh

Plus if Frost goes we are seriously lacking for talls. Especially with Weid, McDonald, May & Lever all having their injury troubles

Last edited:
On Frost. The club must like what they're seeing from Petty. Probably expect him to go past O Mac this year.

May let Frost Walk and see if we can snag another defender in the draft.

On Frost. The club must like what they're seeing from Petty. Probably expect him to go past O Mac this year.

May let Frost Walk and see if we can snag another defender in the draft.
Goody's already said that Petty is going to train as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goody's already said that Petty is going to train as a forward.

Well, I guess we can be thankful that he isn't training with the inside mids.

Keath is asking much less than Frost.
Keath for Frost wouldn't be a bad result but I'm not sold on Keath's 1v1 ability. He's also a year and a half older so we still need to be thinking about a long-term back-up option.

SAM FROST: Melbourne has seriously lowballed the out-of-contract key defender, who looks certain to reject that contract offer and join a third AFL club. It emerged last night that North Melbourne — following Scott Thompson’s retirement — could overtake Hawthorn as a suitor with both clubs targeting key defenders. (In today's Herald Sun).

State of play: The Demons haven't announced it but Corey Wagner has re-signed for another year, in a bid to prove he can be a long-term player at the club. The ex-Roo and pre-season supplemental selection period signee made 11 senior appearances in his first season in red and blue. Co-captain Nathan Jones was also a free agent and was locked away on a new one-year contract last week. As for potential incomings, the link between Melbourne and Giants unrestricted free agent Adam Tomlinson has strengthened in recent weeks to the point industry sources believe he is certain to become a Demon. (https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-11/2019-free-agents-who-will-stay-who-will-go-latest-whispers)

What do North have that we might like? Taylor Garner? Mason Wood? Swap Pick 25 for pick 38? SHAUN HIGGINS?

I would like Jayden Laverde as well, price dependant. Cutler? Lewis Taylor? Broomhead? Casboult? Fletcher Roberts in for Frosty? Roarke Smith? Buzza? Fraser McInnes?

If we lose Frost, we're happy to make 'tough' calls on JKH & Stretch, and if Tim Smith follows Lewis, Maynard, Keilty and Garlett out of the club, I have no issue whatsoever with trying to sign 3-5 players with AFL experience.

Happy for JWag, ANB, Lockhart, Baker, Joel Smith, Chandler + Bradtke to be re-signed too.
I’ll take Garner from North if available, since we lost Vince, Lewis, Bugg and Hogan we have a dearth of players who can land one square on the chin.

Stuff Goodwin and his “be humble” s**t, we are such a worse side now than when we had blokes getting reported every other week.

I’ll take Garner from North if available, since we lost Vince, Lewis, Bugg and Hogan we have a dearth of players who can land one square on the chin.

Stuff Goodwin and his “be humble” s**t, we are such a worse side now than when we had blokes getting reported every other week.
I tend to agree. we've lost some genuine meatheads, with Vandenberg out injured as well, and we haven't replaced them with any more campaigners who can stir s**t up. we've been too soft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back