EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you that the EDFL did no favors for Tulla or labbs. AFL Vic overturned the ban on appeal.

Even as a biased Tullamarine supporter I would have agreed with you guys, 16 weeks suspension = no playing/coaching again, bad luck.

However fast forward three years and the overwhelmingly positive influence he has had on a group of largely disengaged youths has been inspiring. He is the sole reason Tulla has been able to field a 19s side for the first time in years. He wants nothing more than to see the youth playing footy and being a part of the community rather than out drinking/taking drugs etc. Unfortunately like many of us Labbs has a bit of white line fever and can lose his cool during games. This is addressed by the club and along with Labbs are trying to improve in this area. His positive impact around the club & community far outweigh these minor situations.

I’ll admit that his approach is unconventional and we regularly disagree on things but at a time when many clubs are losing players at the 19s level maybe we should be looking at how he has been able to reverse that trend.

Now turbo, chops can we get back to talking about the footy? It is Grand final week after all

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The only reason any of those kids are there is because he pays them or gives them a job.... he is a disgrace

If his been suspended for more than 16 weeks I’m sure he can’t hold a coaching role or any role in an official capacity.

I agree Tulla have behavioural issues across the board from what I’ve seen as well.

The senior coach is the runner for the 19s if I’m correct. Good on DC but that’s unusual.

Turbs, he isn’t the runner. Just filled in a couple of times when seniors have had byes or like last week when 19s were Saturday and seniors were Sunday

Doesn’t pay them , gives them jobs - yes.

What a disgrace that someone is giving 17-18 year old kids jobs and then give them a platform to be active and have a kick with mates

Shocking

Tulla have some good kids in that 19’s side. Was impressed with a few of them.

‘ Labbs’might carry on but one thing He did do well was make an example of a few of the kids who were involved in the melee. He gave them a huge dressing down when it cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Went to watch a mate playing for GV in the reserves at Coburg today, seen the Hillside runner have a heated discussion with the U/19 umpires after their loss, not a great look! The umpires telling him to go away, can anyone shed any further light?

Doesn’t pay them , gives them jobs - yes.

What a disgrace that someone is giving 17-18 year old kids jobs and then give them a platform to be active and have a kick with mates

Shocking
Spin it however you want mate... the bloke is no good... clearly showed his cards on Saturday
End of

I have just sent this letter to A Current Affair and am hoping to get some support . I am sure many suffered the same yesterday.

EDFL football finals held at Coburg City oval yesterday and what should have been a top family day was ruined by greedy Moreland council for booking many players , volunteer officials , Family and friends for parking in the ground car park that has a three hour limit.
Yes it is signed but it is so petty and an obvious cash grab.
There is no unrestricted parking near the ground being in a busy shopping and sport precinct.
Players are required to be at the ground at 12 for 2pm games and then play. They cant come out and move cars at quarter time even if there was space to move them.
What are they supposed to do?
Even supporters who arrived later and would have been marginally over the three hour limit copped it!
Council knows this and handed out dozens (maybe more) $80 tickets in a shameless revenue raiser.
My son had a great day in a memorable finals win in his first senior prelim and upon getting home he was very emotional and upset when telling me he got a ticket.
It is outrageous and I am very angry as many more are.
Now he and many others will remember the day for this low act.
During finals there are many more supporters (all paying $15 entry) and games should not be played at this otherwise very good venue for local finals if parking causes these issues.
The EDFL need to take some responsibility for this also and use it's strength to petition the council to withdraw all these fines. There is every chance some EDFL officials got them too.
I am hoping A Current Affair would be interested in this story and am sure if this situation was widely reported they would be shamed into some action because without some help they will get away with this blatant rip off of our young sportsmen and woman and the many good people that contribute so much to keeping our kids off the streets and playing our great game.
Thank You

It happens at all finals venues for local footy!
Maybe you could been a good rent and driven and picked little Johnny up from this game

Can’t wait for this weekend boys... The mighty eagles will hopefully turn my weekend into a big one...
Should be a ripper game...
EK will get a few back 100%
CB will get Jesse Davies, I doubt bonghetti will play but who knows.. Hasn’t played for a while but does look after himself
Good luck to lance if he has drop a couple.. I can’t think of one let alone two.. Someone mentioned Heath Patton but I couldn’t see that happening as he is star..
Anybody heard of who’s been invited to the league presentation? I haven’t heard of any Craigieburn players invited..

Can’t wait for this weekend boys... The mighty eagles will hopefully turn my weekend into a big one...
Should be a ripper game...
EK will get a few back 100%
CB will get Jesse Davies, I doubt bonghetti will play but who knows.. Hasn’t played for a while but does look after himself
Good luck to lance if he has drop a couple.. I can’t think of one let alone two.. Someone mentioned Heath Patton but I couldn’t see that happening as he is star..
Anybody heard of who’s been invited to the league presentation? I haven’t heard of any Craigieburn players invited..

Have the invitations been released yet? I was under the impression that it happens after the grand final, I could be wrong though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they haven’t I’m not sure
Anyone have a tip of who will win??
I said chircop earlier in the year but I reckon it will be caluzzi from ek

Happy to say that I’m a proud Ek supporter and have been for 20+ years and watch every game, but i think too many Ek players will take votes off each other. Hill, Grabowski boys, Lyons, Arrowsmith, Madden and Caluzzi all dominating games at different stage sounds of the season. Castello for me

Looking at yesterday’s game I thought Dion Hill has more tricks in his kit bag than I expected and I think he cops a fair bit of unfair criticism.
For a key position player he is surprisingly good once the ball hits the deck with his second and third efforts.
Arrowsmith for mine is the best player in this division and opposition need to keep a constant tag on him to try to quell his influence. And this is coming from a Tullamarine supporter so there is no EK bias.
Very disappointing result for Tulla on the weekend and it looked like the wheels fell off in the second half of the year.

Tulla's never been a high scoring team but that was also built around a strong defense that didn't concede goals easily either. You're not going to win too many finals if you only kick 9 goals and also let the opposition have 25 scoring shots. Too many times on the weekend EK managed to take contested marks in their forward half and / or bring the ball down to a dangerous position and have a shot on goal from it.

Young Matson and Hardman were good rebounding defenders for Tulla but Dion Hill looked dangerous up forward and had the better of 48 a number of times and King was able to float fwd and take marks in EK fwd line too easily.

Arrowsmith absolutely dominated and controlled the EK half back line superbly, and think this week Whitnall and Craigieburn will have a better solution in stopping Arrowsmith's influence.

Should be a good grand final this week and I am tipping Craigieburn in a close one. Craigieburn by 15 points.

Very disappointing result for Tulla on the weekend and it looked like the wheels fell off in the second half of the year.

Tulla's never been a high scoring team but that was also built around a strong defense that didn't concede goals easily either. You're not going to win too many finals if you only kick 9 goals and also let the opposition have 25 scoring shots. Too many times on the weekend EK managed to take contested marks in their forward half and / or bring the ball down to a dangerous position and have a shot on goal from it.

Young Matson and Hardman were good rebounding defenders for Tulla but Dion Hill looked dangerous up forward and had the better of 48 a number of times and King was able to float fwd and take marks in EK fwd line too easily.

Arrowsmith absolutely dominated and controlled the EK half back line superbly, and think this week Whitnall and Craigieburn will have a better solution in stopping Arrowsmith's influence.

Should be a good grand final this week and I am tipping Craigieburn in a close one. Craigieburn by 15 points.
Will be interesting what Lance's tactics are against Arrowsmith this week. In the prior game after half time the instructions were to not kick the ball anywhere near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back