Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

This isn't the case. All GF ticketing is handled by Ticketek, if you call the Club they'll just tell you to call Ticketek.

Not correct. For Richmond Executive, Legends Club and Jack's Club members, all finals and GF applications are sent to and handled by the Club. My GF requirements went to the Club last week. Uncle Meli may be in that category. We do not log onto Ticketek and register. We collect our tickets from the Club.

Haere Ra

Kodak

Draftee
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Not correct. For Richmond Executive, Legends Club and Jack's Club members, all finals and GF applications are sent to and handled by the Club. My GF requirements went to the Club last week. Uncle Meli may be in that category. We do not log onto Ticketek and register. We collect our tickets from the Club.

Haere Ra

Yes, but in those cases you'll have already been contacted by the Club with those instructions. Given the original question from JakLaughing one would assume he doesn't fall into those membership categories and if he calls the Club he won't have any luck.

For the 99%> of members who are not Coteries, have your barcodes ready to go on Ticketek during your allotted time and you'll be fine :)

Yes, but in those cases you'll have already been contacted by the Club with those instructions. Given the original question from JakLaughing one would assume he doesn't fall into those membership categories and if he calls the Club he won't have any luck.

Coteries receive a Club issued application. which is completed and returned to the Club. My point is the Club does handle grand final ticketing for the coteries. They do not go through the Ticketek registration process, but yes they do obviously receive a Ticketek ticket from the club allocation.

Haere Ra

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

For the 99%> of members who are not Coteries, have your barcodes ready to go on Ticketek during your allotted time and you'll be fine :)
Correct Kodak I am not in any Coteries! Just a gold member...so for me then it's have my bar code, credit card, ready when I ring Thurday between 4-7pm?!?

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Haere Ra
My uncle doesn't have a special membership, he is just a gold member (might have clicked over to platinum this year, not sure). He called the club last year for the GF ticketing and they said they had put his name down on the list and that he would be contacted if he got a ticket, obviously we didn't make it last year, but I assume it would still be the same process for those not savvy with the ticketek system.... :shrug:

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can I ask how much you paid and what the package is?
In the lead up to the 2017 Prelims i contacted every AFL club sourcing tickets. North Melbourne were by far the most helpful. They still have breakfast tickets available. $1500 is a lot to cough up prior to qualifying, however it would turn out cheap if it was Rich v Coll. Good Luck

Kodak

Draftee
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Correct Kodak I am not in any Coteries! Just a gold member...so for me then it's have my bar code, credit card, ready when I ring Thurday between 4-7pm?!?

Yep, although I'd recommend jumping online if you can because Ticketek phone queues don't tend to be too friendly! The Club just shared the online link to use for the ballot; ticketek.com.au/rfcballot so perhaps have a look. It won't be active until tomorrow but at least you'll know what to expect!

If you're still a little confused have a look at this Grand Final Registration Guide which takes you through the whole process step by step.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
If anyone has a spare ticket to sell or is after tickets this is the place to post your interest.

Please note there will be zero tolerance on scalping, offenders will find their accounts gone.
Face value is your sale price
Do not post pictures of tickets or membership barcodes
Post your interest in here then deal with people via PM
Use your common sense don't transfer people you don't know money without getting tickets first.

Thanks!

Sterge tugga NaturalDisaster
I'm here to state that I will be interested as my AFL Silver membership won't get me a ticket and my RFC membership isn't high enough status (7 years).

whisper_metal

Rookie
Oct 10, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens
Anyone got a breakdown of how members we have that fall into each category? I.E how many people I would be competing with in Priority 3

Not sure about P1, but the maximum number of P2 (Platinum members) will be 14,647 assuming all those who were members in 1995 are still current. The number doesn't include those that were members in 1995 that are part of the P1 Guaranteed group. In terms of Gold (P3), there were around 36,000 members ten years ago, again not taking into account those with Guaranteed and Platinum memberships.

Thankfully, this year I am able to go into the club ballot as an AFL Silver member with club support. Hoping I get lucky in P2. Had to borrow an AFL Gold membership in 2017 to get a ticket. Wasn't going to miss it after not missing a game in Victoria since 1998!

Last year I purchased a corporate ticket for $1550 which I was able to offload at cost on the Sunday when we missed out. Was happy just to get my money back and to sell it to someone who was a passionate supporter that missed out in the Collingwood ballot.

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Good on you....I was thinking about doing this for the same reason, missed out on 2017. But I've just bought my sister, her partner and their two little girls prelim tickets (it will be my nieces first game of footy 😬), and it cost me one arm and leg, so I just can't justify another $1,700-$3,500.... :oops:

Next year maybe..... 😉

you must be one awesome sister :) what a nice thing to do for your family.

Nov 29, 2016
The Wall
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys just clarifying
I’m a Richmond gold member

Is it true this year that band wagoners who have joined the last 3 years don’t get access to the ballot? I’ve changed addresses and haven’t received my letter
Only the bandwagoners who bought Grand Final guarantee memberships.

rfc4eva

Team Captain
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure about P1, but the maximum number of P2 (Platinum members) will be 14,647 assuming all those who were members in 1995 are still current. The number doesn't include those that were members in 1995 that are part of the P1 Guaranteed group. In terms of Gold (P3), there were around 36,000 members ten years ago, again not taking into account those with Guaranteed and Platinum memberships.

Thankfully, this year I am able to go into the club ballot as an AFL Silver member with club support. Hoping I get lucky in P2. Had to borrow an AFL Gold membership in 2017 to get a ticket. Wasn't going to miss it after not missing a game in Victoria since 1998!

Last year I purchased a corporate ticket for $1550 which I was able to offload at cost on the Sunday when we missed out. Was happy just to get my money back and to sell it to someone who was a passionate supporter that missed out in the Collingwood ballot.

Just in case you didn't know.If you use your afl barcode in the richmond ballot you wont be able to use it when the afl members do there sale (0.1% of getting one anyway in this sale)

Back