2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Its looking likely that the AFL will make an official award in the honour of Spud, The Golden Fist. (from the Bounce).
There should be more acknowledgement for defenders, so an official annual defender's award from the AFL would be good (and in honour of DF, it's a perfect fit).

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So feeble.

I remember 6 years ago triple m did a mid season review. They spent thier time going on about tippet gate, concentrated on that. Evidently it was the only scandal. There was barret brayshaw Taylor lyon and frawley. They were scathing of us. They were trying to ignore the doping scandal at Essendon. This was 2013. Frawley had a conflict of interest and chose to go crow bashing.

They are saying that his mental health battles begun when he was head of the coaches associafion and the doping scandal at Essendon was on. He was to well connected to do the right thing and thus did nothing. And it effected him.

I have no time for any of them in loved in that mid season review by triple m. No sympathy for what ever happens to any of those victoriana who went crow bashing to protect James hird, thier mate frawley mate.

A good bloke wouldn't do what they did.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So feeble.

I remember 6 years ago triple m did a mid season review. They spent thier time going on about tippet gate, concentrated on that. Evidently it was the only scandal. There was barret brayshaw Taylor lyon and frawley. They were scathing of us. They were trying to ignore the doping scandal at Essendon. This was 2013. Frawley had a conflict of interest and chose to go crow bashing.

They are saying that his mental health battles begun when he was head of the coaches associafion and the doping scandal at Essendon was on. He was to well connected to do the right thing and thus did nothing. And it effected him.

I have no time for any of them in loved in that mid season review by triple m. No sympathy for what ever happens to any of those victoriana who went crow bashing to protect James hird, thier mate frawley mate.

A good bloke wouldn't do what they did.
Do you think you’re a good bloke?

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
So he's here already. Apparently no delay. Possibly for the funeral but that'll be a day.

they said on AFL tonight last night he was taking 2 days off from the review then back into it, maybe he only took one day of instead

they said on AFL tonight last night he was taking 2 days off from the review then back into it, maybe he only took one day of instead
Someone said Brodie Smith was interviewed by him yesterday and he was seen being picked up by Fages this morning. So I don't even know if he took any time off?

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Win or lose this fight we are showing them.

Note to club if you are reading this.

This is Port Adelaide.

fu** the haters.

LOL'd hard at this. So when their players get suspended it's never the player that was in the wrong, it's because everyone hates them. Classic victim mentality on full show tonight at Alberton!

I like the AFLW but it is far too soon to put up a statue of Harris.

I get that some are saying the photo and response is a turning point in opinion on the legitimacy of women's sport... but surely it's also too soon to be definitively deciding or commemorating that

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unbelievably pathetic to put up a statue of her. What the fu** has she done?

The NAB commissioned it as a gesture against online trolling - this is actually a good idea I think, but I think a statue is a bit of a stretch. If they used her likeness in a promotional campaign against online trolling/bullying of professional sportspeople, then that's a great idea. Statues should be reserved for legends IMO.

Blighty went off about it on FiveAA earlier tonight, never heard him so angry since the 'Rat's Tossbag' comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back