List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been mentioned much but the afl.com report on free agents said Schoey and Masten might get offered one-year deals but have been told they're free to look elsewhere. (Obviously taken with a grain of salt considering where it's posted)

If Masten sees opportunity elsewhere I think good luck to him, fair enough, but really think Schoey is a must sign. We'll hopefully be in premiership contention again next year and a) he's in our best team I think and b) even if he's a backup that's invaluable, Gov/Barrass will get some injuries and we need to win games.

Would we offer him 2 years just to keep him here next year? Or 1 year deal on a bit more money. Feel like he's the type who bleeds blue and gold so would stay regardless but as such a good servant of the club you'd hope we'd reward that a bit rather than chucking him on the table.

Schofield has been preparing for life after football for the last year or so , i think a one year contract wouldn't bother him so much.

I really hope he sticks around for another year.

Schofield has been preparing for life after football for the last year or so , i think a one year contract wouldn't bother him so much.

I really hope he sticks around for another year.
Interestingly I walked past a place in Lathlain this morning applying for a liquor license and Schofield's name is on it. Maybe opening a wine bar using his and Masto's booze/events company?

Interestingly I walked past a place in Lathlain this morning applying for a liquor license and Schofield's name is on it. Maybe opening a wine bar using his and Masto's booze/events company?

Yeah him and Masto have been doing a lot of events lately. He is also doing his players managers course.

Sadly re Bolton, as soon as I read in the media that Eagles have made an offer I knew a trade was unlikely. Obviously a ploy by his manager to get more $$ or to hurry up their negotiations.

but really think Schoey is a must sign. We'll hopefully be in premiership contention again next year and a) he's in our best team I think and b) even if he's a backup that's invaluable, Gov/Barrass will get some injuries and we need to win games.

Would we offer him 2 years just to keep him here next year? Or 1 year deal on a bit more money. Feel like he's the type who bleeds blue and gold so would stay regardless but as such a good servant of the club you'd hope we'd reward that a bit rather than chucking him on the table.

Guessing here, but the eagles probably have a succession plan involving Brander or Allen and will pump games into them in defensive posts, which will shove Schoey to being the backups backup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the players to miss out on, Shai Bolton is the least essential. Plenty of depth in that area (which is probably uncommon compared with past Eagles lists).

I wonder how many kitchen sinks we are going to throw at Tim Kelly.

Schofield Barrass Shep
Hurn Gov Jetta
Sheed Yeo Gaff
Rioli JD Cameron
Cripps JK Ryan

Naitanui Shuey Kelly

Allen Redden Hutch Venables

Bro you need to focus. Venables won't play again this year. He is out with a very bad concussion.

Replace with Masten................deep, deep :thumbsu: :D down you know its the right thing to do!

P.S. If Charlie Cameron was well beaten in a final how do you think his 18 year old little brother in his 1st season with zero finals experience and less than 10 games under his belt go?

Sadly re Bolton, as soon as I read in the media that Eagles have made an offer I knew a trade was unlikely. Obviously a ploy by his manager to get more $$ or to hurry up their negotiations.

Why would we even be interested in him? We have a tonne of small forwards already, it's hardly a need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back