Preview Semi Final vs GWS Giants, Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'd be tough to expect someone like Robertson or Mathieson to come in and replace Robinson's physical presence. I think we're better off trying to beat the Giants with run and better ball use.

I'd prefer to see Taylor or Bastinac in the side. I also wouldn't mind Cedric Cox coming in and Rayner, McCarthy and Christensen spending more time up the ground.
I couldn't agree more Taylor or Basti, we need some overlapping runners and lewy will give that in spades and Basti is great with connecting the run with handballs and kicks.
it's been a design by the coaches to move away from the gun and run style and go for territory kicks.
Let's get back to a bit of run, it's been too easy for good defensive oppositions to just pick off our kicks and then launch.
So yeah , would rather see some overlapping run more and possession.
I expect Rayner to stand up again to give us some hard ball stuff ,so no need for Matho or Robbo.
Ball players please.

I'd be inclined to opt for Cox. I'm not much of a tactician but I think going forward getting a finals game into him will be worth the investment, as he seems to figure in Fagan's future plans.

No to Basti as he is not going to be with us much longer and so its a wasted development opportunity, and he's not that much better an option I gather other than being more mature.

Robbo/Taylor are fringe anyway and I am not sure how much more development they have in them at 24, and they may or may not be with us next year anyhow.

I know it's not very a very strategic view but that's how I see it.
No No No .
Its about this year not next year
F..k that.

I think not being in finals for a decade has affected some people's thinking around here. You always pick your best sides for finals, it's not about future development.

I think not being in finals for a decade has affected some people's thinking around here. You always pick your best sides for finals, it's not about future development.

Agree 100%.

Look what's happened to Melbourne this season. Everyone who's anyone assumed they were going to take the proverbial next step. Lots of "experts" had them winning the Flag. Injuries, form and confidence loss and a tougher draw has them almost looking like a basket case again.

Progression is not linear.

We've had a great run with injuries, have a side that's found unity and spirit and are still in with a genuine chance of a Premiership.

Grasp the chance now and throw eveything at it. Bugger this "kid" development caper. It's a Semi-final not the NAB cup

There is no guarantee that we'll be back in this position next year or any other year soon.

Offered me Section 61 first, which is not a patch on my usual Season seat in Section 67.

Then a number of other less than brilliant options, most of which were Row SS or higher in Various Sections. (I hate seats high up)

After about 5 or 6 attempts , it generated Section 43 Row NN, so I decided to take those.

Northern Stand, just about bang on centre wing and not too high. I haven't sat on the Northern side since 1996, so I'm actually looking foward to the "reverse" view for a change.

EDIT: I was asleep at the wheel with regards to the earlier Prioty time slot window this week but luckily I picked up The sale of tickets today from the CM Lions news this morning,

I am a notoriosly bad EMail Inbox checker:$

You'll be sitting in the row behind me then, got 43 mm. 192 onwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we've got Matt Nicholls again. Pretty surprising if that's true - I thought he was quite objectively shocking on the weekend.

What's the story of him previously working for the club? Wasn't there a staff photo that went around at one stage?

Sounds like we've got Matt Nicholls again. Pretty surprising if that's true - I thought he was quite objectively shocking on the weekend.

What's the story of him previously working for the club? Wasn't there a staff photo that went around at one stage?

Wait until they name Nicholls, Foot and Fisher as the umps for the game too

It's all starting to come true...

He's legitimately one of the worst umpires in the AFL generally but he can bounce the ball straight so he keeps getting games. He briefly worked at the club at some point (I can't remember the role) but he must be bitter about it because he kills us most games.

One positive for us being terrible for a while was that the AFL tended not to send their "good umpires" to games between poor sides and we avoided him on that basis but now...

He's legitimately one of the worst umpires in the AFL generally but he can bounce the ball straight so he keeps getting games. He briefly worked at the club at some point (I can't remember the role) but he must be bitter about it because he kills us most games.

One positive for us being terrible for a while was that the AFL tended not to send their "good umpires" to games between poor sides and we avoided him on that basis but now...
I look forward to a Nick Foot, Leigh Fisher, Matthew Nicholls axis of evil.

I'm starting to get really excited for this Saturday. Was pretty flat after the Tigers game but we earned the right to 2 home finals with an awesome H&A season. We have a chance to get things back on track with a win and head into a prelim at the G against the Pies minus De Goey. We're still in a fantastic position.

I'm starting to get really excited for this Saturday. Was pretty flat after the Tigers game but we earned the right to 2 home finals with an awesome H&A season. We have a chance to get things back on track with a win and head into a prelim at the G against the Pies minus De Goey. We're still in a fantastic position.
Would be funny to end up with a Lions vs Tigers Grand Final for the 3rd time in 5 matches

Would be funny to end up with a Lions vs Tigers Grand Final for the 3rd time in 5 matches

Tbh if we made the GF against Richmond I'd fully believe in the Fairytale of a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back