List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is

But somehow you know Sydney will only take 2 firsts for Papley.
IMO Sydney and Essendon will not do a deal this year because of Daniher a free agent next year and Sydney in trasition. My assumption of two first is no deal get done like Tim Kelly last year. Is quite common in other sport that club can't agree on trade and not get thing done eg Neymar from PSG to Barcelona.

IMO Sydney and Essendon will not do a deal this year because of Daniher a free agent next year and Sydney in trasition. My assumption of two first is no deal get done like Tim Kelly last year. Is quite common in other sport that club can't agree on trade and not get thing done eg Neymar from PSG to Barcelona.

They may not get a deal done but Essendon are pushing for it so they get something for him now and Sydney go hard for the players they want.

Can not compare to European Football deals.

I dont understand why daniher is touted as 2 first round picks but martin isnt? i believe the melbourne bubble are as usual undervaluing players who don't play in Melbourne. Whilst Martin had a poor year (obviously his heart wasn't in it after a failed request to be traded last year) he was in our top B&F players for years and has always been one of our more damaging forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the talk about pick 8 not being on the table and they will swap the pick for Lions 2 picks to give us 1 is redundant given that we can give them the Lions pick as part of getting 8.

All the talk about pick 8 not being on the table and they will swap the pick for Lions 2 picks to give us 1 is redundant given that we can give them the Lions pick as part of getting 8.
If you really want a higher pick. Bundle the first round pick Carlton give you (say it’s pick 17) and the Lions pick (say it’s pick 14) and trade it for St Kilda’s or Adelaide’s first pick.

Both clubs are looking to split their top 10 picks as well.

Why settle for pick 8 when you can have pick 6.

This is from the GC Bulletin.

BURGOYNE HAPPY AT THE BEACH

SHAUN Burgoyne’s well documented trip to the Gold Coast was put down as a success by those at the Gold Coast Suns.

Suns CEO Mark Evans and football manager Jon Haines spent the biggest amount of time with the Hawthorn player, showing him around the training and administration facilities and stadium while pitching their case as to why he would suit the club.

Burgoyne has four children, who visited the Gold Coast’s theme parks last week, and they will play a big role in whether the family moves north.

The 36-year-old was spotted by the water at Broadbeach and has now returned home to mull over his future.

Fingers crossed.

Daniher is under contract, and FWIW, he is much more valuable than Martin. Martin's stock couldn't be lower at the moment, especially being dropped late this season as well as being out of contract.
Daniher is injury prone. Should affect his value. Still worth a 1st round pick however is a risk. Would be interested to know what actual deal is being offered for Martin. If the reports are correct 600k for 5 years. Why not a mid 1st round pick?

I'm tire of putting s**t back the arse, if people here think that pick 19-20 is fair value for Martin, so be it as long they don't complain later or suggest other club player coming in, you don't have pick to get them.

If you really want a higher pick. Bundle the first round pick Carlton give you (say it’s pick 17) and the Lions pick (say it’s pick 14) and trade it for St Kilda’s or Adelaide’s first pick.

Because we have the leverage to get 8 from the Blues in the Martin trade. We have no deal to do with the Saints.

I'm tire of putting s**t back the arse, if people here think that pick 19-20 is fair value for Martin, so be it as long they don't complain later or suggest other club player coming in, you don't have pick to get them.
Your thouhgts
When Saad was traded to the bombers I personally thought he was worth a mid first round pick (Loved watching him play) however the media Did not share my thoughts. Move forward different club same player in a better performing club. What do you think the Vic mafia media value him at now? What do you think the bombers would demand If he elected to be traded. To me that is a massive problem the Suns have. GWS have out performed as in obtaing better compensation for players that have left. Need to win more than we loose at the trade table. One saving grace with Martin is if nominates Carlton over the bombers I would think we will be in a stronger position for a higher pick.

Your thouhgts
When Saad was traded to the bombers I personally thought he was worth a mid first round pick (Loved watching him play) however the media Did not share my thoughts. Move forward different club same player in a better performing club. What do you think the Vic mafia media value him at now? What do you think the bombers would demand If he elected to be traded. To me that is a massive problem the Suns have. GWS have out performed as in obtaing better compensation for players that have left. Need to win more than we loose at the trade table. One saving grace with Martin is if nominates Carlton over the bombers I would think we will be in a stronger position for a higher pick.
If GCS own supporters act like a punching bag, Victoria media, club and fan will treat you like one. People want Fyfe, Bont or Josh Kelly type of players come in and yet think a pick 18,19 for Martin going to get it done.

Your thouhgts
A lot of it is about perception isn't it.

The Daniher hyperbole is over the top IMO.
He's had one really good year, 1 decent year, 1 ok year.
Hasn't played for 2 years
Has a chronic injury with no obvious timeframe for return.
Will be 26 by start of next season, so not exactly young with upside.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 5.39.34 PM.png

Is that really worth 2 first round picks?

A lot of it is about perception isn't it.

The Daniher hyperbole is over the top IMO.
He's had one really good year, 1 decent year, 1 ok year.
Hasn't played for 2 years
Has a chronic injury with no obvious timeframe for return.
Will be 26 by start of next season, so not exactly young with upside.

View attachment 744212

Is that really worth 2 first round picks?
Agree. As I stated earlier injury prone which should affect his value. A player should be valued at his ability or upside only not from what club he plays for. The big clubs already have an advantage.

Do we need to move up at all?

If the draft is even from 3 to 20 as some have suggested then take the picks we get for Martin and Achee to the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back