Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Just underwent his third shoulder reco in 2 years.

Did the club do a medical before he arrived, or?
LoMyfde.png

"Rockliff said he re-injured his shoulder in Showdown 46 in round eight this year — where he collected a game-high 41 disposals in the Power’s 20-point loss — when he was pushed in the back by Crow Cam Ellis-Yolmen following a centre bounce contest and fell awkwardly forward with both arms outstretched.

“I played out the game and the rest of the year because it didn't feel too bad but there were moments in games where it would flare up, feel a bit jumpy and be a bit restricting.

“It had its good and bad moments.’’

...Rockliff’s latest, more complex surgery — proven to be successful in contact athletes, particularly rugby players — is usually the last resort for sportspeople who have had multiple shoulder reconstructions that continue to cause them trouble."

Pay out his contract and delist him. Should never have been recruited. Jason Cripps should lose his job over this one...

If we've got money to throw around paying out contracts, we've got much bigger problems to get to before Tom Rockliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see where he fits in our "system" anymore even if he racks numbers because he's an absolute liability on the flip, can't run can't play IMO.

Wish Rocky all the best and for a full recovery but the reality is him missing a chunk of the season isnt going to be the difference in our win/loss ratio
We have others who can play those midfield minutes. I am more concerned we brought him to the club with a dodgy shoulder.

So for Round 1 next year we could have Marshall instead of Sam Gray, Howard instead of Westhoff, Ladhams instead of Ryder, Garner instead of Broadbent and Drew instead of Rockliff. I'd much rather play that team all season and finish 12th than play last year's team all season and finish 8th. Pick a team to help us build and develop a squad capable of winning premierships, not just a team capable of scraping into finals.

This is good news as I see it. It shows that his decline in the second half the season was due to injury not simply age.

Averaged 32 disposals a game up to round 8 (34 if you exclude the game he got concussed). If he returns to that form after having his shoulder fixed then he's definitely beneficial to our team.

Great, another preseason where he can’t lift weights. He already has the arms of 12 year old boy.

"Rockliff said he re-injured his shoulder in Showdown 46 in round eight this year — where he collected a game-high 41 disposals in the Power’s 20-point loss — when he was pushed in the back by Crow Cam Ellis-Yolmen following a centre bounce contest and fell awkwardly forward with both arms outstretched.

“I played out the game and the rest of the year because it didn't feel too bad but there were moments in games where it would flare up, feel a bit jumpy and be a bit restricting.

“It had its good and bad moments.’’

...Rockliff’s latest, more complex surgery — proven to be successful in contact athletes, particularly rugby players — is usually the last resort for sportspeople who have had multiple shoulder reconstructions that continue to cause them trouble."
What’s the recovery time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back