News Vale Danny Frawley

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My understanding is he didnt have a nervous break down, nor did the shrink diagnose Spud with inform him he had clinical depression until the
Essendon supplements saga.

Due to the stress he has a coaches association head

Yeah he said he slept like a baby all through his Richmond coaching days. He got depression about 2011 and he hid it, he thought it would just go away but it didn't so 3-4 years later he started to open up about it. Then he had a run of bad luck I suppose.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it's likely suicide given the circumstances.

Some people have assumed suicide in comments about their personal struggle. I think it is appropriate to post positive comments that may help people who face similar circumstances.

It's confirmed by the police a case of self harm. Some people are way behind the program.

neonmelb

Draftee
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
How do people feel that the Daily Mail revealed he was having affairs, his marriage had collapsed and he was in big financial trouble?

How do people feel that the Daily Mail revealed he was having affairs, his marriage had collapsed and he was in big financial trouble?
They said nothing of the sort about him having affairs.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He wasn’t a space cadet but he seemed off, no where near his loud comedic self. As i said, hindsight.

And I could be wrong.

I am not a watcher of the Bounce or listen to the radio so I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal. As someone else said, he had probably come to terms with his decision at this point. I think when he said you wouldn't want to know what my birthday wish is was poignant and I think it showed he had plans sadly.

Credit2thaB0is

Bat Soup Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I am not a watcher of the Bounce or listen to the radio so I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal. As someone else said, he had probably come to terms with his decision at this point. I think when he said you wouldn't want to know what my birthday wish is was poignant and I think it showed he had plans sadly.
I’ve been close to or not too far from suicide before and from my experience it seems the person is in good spirits in the days/weeks leading up to it. Their whole mental state seems to improve once they’ve decided, in secret, to take that fatal step. I find that pretty creepy to be honest. But mostly it’s just painful. It’s just awful.

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve been close to or not too far from suicide before and from my experience it seems the person is in good spirits in the days/weeks leading up to it. Their whole mental state seems to improve once they’ve decided, in secret, to take that fatal step. I find that pretty creepy to be honest. But mostly it’s just painful. It’s just awful.
The thoughts of dying are the most comforting thoughts you have.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Can we stop quoting that as though it is true. It points to people's confirmation bias, so much so they stop listening to the rest. He said 'you wouldn't want to know..it may be the hosts chair' (paraphrased).

This is bad enough without people making things up

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Listening between the words that JB and Billy were saying today on the Rub...the whole situation is quite sad. I can understand why the show didn't run yesterday.

Can we stop quoting that as though it is true. It points to people's confirmation bias, so much so they stop listening to the rest. He said 'you wouldn't want to know..it may be the hosts chair' (paraphrased).

This is bad enough without people making things up
Was a long running gag that he was gunning to take the host role from the Chief, was nothing in that at all.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Confirmation bias? It's confirmed mate.

Look up confirmation bias. You missed the rest of what was said because of what you wanted to hear. Your post refers to things that didn't happen on the show and you have been called on it. As i said it is bad enough without people making things up.

Most people knew what it was from the time Tony Shaw spoke on 3aw that evening not because of a bunch of amateur Psychologists mishearing things on a show.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look up confirmation bias. You missed the rest of what was said because of what you wanted to hear. Your post refers to things that didn't happen on the show and you have been called on it. As i said it is bad enough without people making things up.

Most people knew what it was from the time Tony Shaw spoke on 3aw that evening not because of a bunch of amateur Psychologists mishearing things on a show.

Yeah OK mate. You seem overly angry, but well done, you win the internet today.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham

All the best.

Mate instead of continually coming back at me, delete your embarrassing post that includes gems such as

"I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal".

This is a real person and family we are talking about and posts from amateur Psychs I think are disrespectful.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate instead of continually coming back at me, delete your embarrassing post that includes gems such as

"I don't really know his normal self but to me he seemed normal".

This is a real person and family we are talking about and posts from amateur Psychs I think are disrespectful.

I'm not trying to be an amateur psych, we are all entitled to try and make our own sense out of it, it's part of the healing process. Consider your approach.

Back