Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney should give this a wide berth let Essendon own the problems, use the picks to better use elsewhere...

I would then try and split 4 into 2 picks or trade 4 to GC for Ben King.
probably take more than 4, but i'd pay it.
We seriously need a key forward with Daniher in the side. This is going to mean we need two unless Gown or Stewart step up.

I'd be taking a look at Marshall, Brander, King & Ben Miller
Any 2 of those to plug the gaps.

or alternatively - 4, 23, 29, 31 & future 1st to GCS for Picks 1 & 2
Add Rowell and Anderson to a midfield of Shiel, Merrett, Parish, McGrath and Smith.

Would soften the blow of losing Daniher

We seriously need a key forward with Daniher in the side. This is going to mean we need two unless Gown or Stewart step up.

Add Rowell and Anderson to a midfield of Shiel, Merrett, Parish, McGrath and Smith.

If we got pick 4 would there be any chance of Rowell or Anderson sliding?

If we got pick 4 would there be any chance of Rowell or Anderson sliding?
zero.
even though i dont think GCS need both with what is looking like a tidy midfield, they'd be mad not to grab them in this draft and have the option to trade them.

But 5x top 30 picks would help Dew build depth.
Whether thats palatable is the question
But we'd address a major need in the middle with those two kids.

And rely on a forward line of Stringer, McKernan and Hooker/Brown whilst Gown comes through.
Or play Langford forward where he is quite a good mark and kick.

zero.
even though i dont think GCS need both with what is looking like a tidy midfield, they'd be mad not to grab them in this draft and have the option to trade them.

But 5x top 30 picks would help Dew build depth.
Whether thats palatable is the question
But we'd address a major need in the middle with those two kids.

And rely on a forward line of Stringer, McKernan and Hooker/Brown whilst Gown comes through.
Or play Langford forward where he is quite a good mark and kick.
GCS just need to grab 2 kids at the start and rest of the picks on players who can fit now in their best 22, expect Suns to have a big influence on trade week...

Gold Coast aren't passing up on Rowell and Anderson this season. You'd need to go huge overs.

I saw earlier someone post Daniher and 29 for 4-10 and 23.

Could easily see that being the final trade.
Sounds fair based on what Daniher has produced in the last 2 years.

Thing is, Daniher is far more important than that. Our 2020 season is entirely dependent on having Daniher back. We cannot go into another season with McKernan, Brown and cameos from Hooker as our forwards and expect to do any damage.

He's contracted. If Sydney want him they should have to overpay. If Joe was fit he'd be worth two 1st rounders... easily. That's the risk Sydney should have to take.

Thing is, Daniher is far more important than that. Our 2020 season is entirely dependent on having Daniher back. We cannot go into another season with McKernan, Brown and cameos from Hooker as our forwards and expect to do any damage.

He's contracted. If Sydney want him they should have to overpay. If Joe was fit he'd be worth two 1st rounders... easily. That's the risk Sydney should have to take.

If my aunt had....

So far has played 6 games in 2 years
Had OP and surgery during this time
Was AA in 2017
Has kicked 60+ goals in a season

These are what we know. End of day would pay the two firsts and a player IF the 2017 AA was last year. It is not.

If my aunt had....

So far has played 6 games in 2 years
Had OP and surgery during this time
Was AA in 2017
Has kicked 60+ goals in a season

These are what we know. End of day would pay the two firsts and a player IF the 2017 AA was last year. It is not.
By trading Daniher we're basically throwing 2020 down the tubes. Unless by some miracle we find a decent replacement for him in the off-season (we won't), losing a player like Daniher changes everything. I seriously doubt we'd let him go for anything less than overs. I'm sure we'd rather take the risk of keeping him and seeing if he can get his body right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question if Daniher takes a 12 mth leave from footy what will Bombers then do?

By trading Daniher we're basically throwing 2020 down the tubes. Unless by some miracle we find a decent replacement for him in the off-season (we won't), losing a player like Daniher changes everything. I seriously doubt we'd let him go for anything less than overs. I'm sure we'd rather take the risk of keeping him and seeing if he can get his body right.

Ess are completely within their rights to do so. Risks on both sides, especially with RFA around the corner. Personally hope swans do not take the plunge at 2 first round ricks

Why in gods name would we do that???

I would then try and split 4 into 2 picks or trade 4 to GC for Ben King.
Ben’s value has only gone up from being pick 6 in a much stronger draft.

I think if you asked clubs who would you rather have King or Daniher the votes would be in Bens favour, with that in mind why would the Suns accept what you get for Daniher in trade? They wouldn’t

If it got to the point of matching offers and rfa, then he could easily go into the preseason draft to Sydney. Especially if he only needs to get passed by 2 or 3 clubs.

And there is a 4th option - he is injured all year again next year and becomes borderline worthless and Essendon have passed an opportunity to sell on him when they couldve gotten something good back.
From what I've seen it's fairly safe to say most Bomber fans are willing to take that chance. We love him and hope he comes good.

If the dons are selling him they won’t be expecting overs they will expect us to take on the contract

Hanners last year

yes but i very much doubt Essendon are selling him, if he goes to the Swans it will be because the Swans want him, not because we want to get rid of him.

If Swans want him they pay what Essendon is willing to accept.

He is a contracted player.

You’re deluded if you think it’s not at least a top ten and a second rounder. Just deluded.
Think major issue their is those who value him on what he has done and those that see potential to what he can do but at 26 next year is fast running out of that potential....

Think major issue their is those who value him on what he has done and those that see potential to what he can do but at 26 next year is fast running out of that potential....

doesnt matter though does it?

he is a contracted player who's club doesnt want to lose him.

he is worth what he is worth to whoever has his contract? Essendon don't want to lose him so why should they lower their worth of him just because someone wants to get him? If any club expects to get a Contracted player they should be expected to pay overs.

Even if he nominates Sydney why should Essendon take less? Really dont get the argument.

Players hold way too much power ATM....Clubs need to given more power to enforce the contracts that players sign.

Daniher of 2017, yes!
Daniher of 2018 & 2019 with major fitness issues, pick 23.
Bombers will try but they can't take the risk once he says he may want out.

i will absolutely guarantee you pick 23 wont get you daniher lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back