Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Look Martin will get traded to Carlton, probably for what less than what Suns fans want and more than what Blues fans want.. If we can convince Levi Casboult to join Gold Coast that would be a big help. Cas and a 3rd round pick seems reasonable to me.
Agree with the first sentence but the second one made me vomit in my mouth. Casbolt is a spud

Agree with the first sentence but the second one made me vomit in my mouth. Casbolt is a spud

Most Carlton people walked into this last season thinking this to be the case, but walked out of the season having to admit they were wrong.

You could not have watched Casboults last 12 weeks to call him out to be a spud. Not if you're being honest, at least.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Most Carlton people walked into this last season thinking this to be the case, but walked out of the season having to admit they were wrong.

You could not have watched Casboults last 12 weeks to call him out to be a spud. Not if you're being honest, at least.
I rather get nothing for Jack Martin and send him to ND draft than paying Casboult money to be on GCS list.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

12 weeks doesn’t define a career, looking at the entirety of his career he has been poor at best

12 weeks doesn’t define a career, looking at the entirety of his career he has been poor at best

When a one in four good games player shows up with 12 good games in a row, there may be something a little more to it.

That doesn't matter though as I understand Casboult being somewhat reluctant in moving away from Victoria, for family reasons....but you never know if someone may put up an offer too good to refuse.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
When a one in four good games player shows up with 12 good games in a row, there may be something a little more to it.

That doesn't matter though as I understand Casboult being somewhat reluctant in moving away from Victoria, for family reasons....but you never know if someone may put up an offer too good to refuse.
Seriously this is what I call wanting opposition player but want to paid under and bring up your spud player and said he is superstar.

Seriously this is what I call wanting opposition player but want to paid under and bring up your spud player and said he is superstar.

Not one person has suggested Casboult is a superstar. Take the childish crap elsewhere thanks.

I made no reference to the proposed trade at all.....You can see this can't you?

Just pointing to a player that was largely derided by his own supporters only to come good..

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I made no reference to the proposed trade at all.....You can see this can't you?

Just pointing to a player that was largely derided by his own supporters only to come good..
Like I said even your own supporter called him spud, suddenly said he is good, is that not superstar status, what you called that then.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
If a deal isn’t reached who’s to say which Side is being unreasonable? The suggestion of an unknown 2nd rounder in a weak draft being good enough are laughable as I am sure pick 8 is from your perspective.
If you get Papley for 8 then you may have to sell next years 1st rounder either directly to us or someone else to get a pick in the teens this year
I am sorry but you are dead set bonkers if you think Martin is worth a pick under 20.

His only selling point is that the clubs looking to pick him up would be hoping they can fix him and turn him into the player he looked like becoming as a junior because right now with his lack of application he looks more likely to be delisted within 2 years then producing something worthy of a 1st round pick.

FWIW, If you think Papley is worth pick 8 that makes Martin worth about pick 40, younger and he actually hits the scoreboard.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Personally i dont have a horse in this race but believe this deal is not going to be as easy as people think and could get drawn out until the last day and maybe not even get done and just a few things to keep in mind.

PSD is also not an option as the GC hold the 1st pick

This post is just pure gold lol. Hilarious.

Gold Coast are offering unders to Martin right now, so they'll refuse to trade him in spite, make him go into the draft, only to redraft him again, against his will, losing their first pick in the process, and matching the terms he nominates for (which Gold Coast have said they won't meet). Absolute gold.

Not only do they lose a pick, not gain any picks, but they retain a player on top dollars who wants out. LOL

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
This post is just pure gold lol. Hilarious.

Gold Coast are offering unders to Martin right now, so they'll refuse to trade him in spite, make him go into the draft, only to redraft him again, against his will, losing their first pick in the process, and matching the terms he nominates for (which Gold Coast have said they won't meet). Absolute gold.

Not only do they lose a pick, not gain any picks, but they retain a player on top dollars who wants out. LOL

Where did you hear this ? Gold Coast are happy to keep him and pay him what he is on already and thats around the $700k from everything i have seen written/reported. Love to see that link

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Look Martin will get traded to Carlton, probably for what less than what Suns fans want and more than what Blues fans want.. If we can convince Levi Casboult to join Gold Coast that would be a big help. Cas and a 3rd round pick seems reasonable to me.
Why do you think that Suns would like to have Casboult? He will be 30 years old next before season 2020 and was borderline delisted material the last couple of years and right up until midseason this year. Yes, he had some good games later on surprisingly also in defence. He's depth for Carlton if some of your talls go down. Keep him.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Why do you think that Suns would like to have Casboult? He will be 30 years old next before season 2020 and was borderline delisted material the last couple of years and right up until midseason this year. Yes, he had some good games later on surprisingly also in defence. He's depth for Carlton if some of your talls go down. Keep him.
He'd be your best forward for 2-3 years while the super kids develop.

He was great this year buddy

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Casboult is a free agent anyway ?

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Where did you hear this ? Gold Coast are happy to keep him and pay him what he is on already and thats around the $700k from everything i have seen written/reported. Love to see that link

So out of every idiotic point you made, that I identified for you, that's the one you hone in on?

LOL x100

If a deal isn’t reached who’s to say which Side is being unreasonable? The suggestion of an unknown 2nd rounder in a weak draft being good enough are laughable as I am sure pick 8 is from your perspective.
If you get Papley for 8 then you may have to sell next years 1st rounder either directly to us or someone else to get a pick in the teens this year

Read my follow up post in this thread.
Like I said, I don't think it will come to that given Martin is uncontracted and clearly does not want to be there (he wasn't playing NEAFL for any other reason). The Suns can ask for 8, we'll offer something like next years second and I imagine his value is somewhere in the middle.
This is in response to a comment about you lot playing hard ball with Martin like you did with Prestia. Martin isn't on that level and again, the clubs will negotiate unlike us fans who will sell our players at max price and try to pick up others for the bare minimum. It won't be pick 8, and I would be surprised if the GCS simply took a 2020 2nd. They need to meet somewhere in the middle and TBH I think that "middle ground" will end up being more in our favour given the situation.

Back