Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Don't think we should be trading pick 2 and more for a 26 year old that hasn't played in two years. And was good but not that good before it. That's in the unlikely event he wants to come to us.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
If we don’t offer Frost a really good deal after he was one of our best players this year, then the club can EAD. We’ve got genuine question marks over the long term fitness off May and Lever, so we need a tall and versatile KPD. We lose Frost and then May gets injured who plays down back? Lever and Oscar McDonald? Tom McDonald?

Signing Frost needs to be a priority, I get he isn’t Alex Rance but he is no slouch either. Really poor if this happens.

Thought it was his groins that are bust? Or is this a new injury?

Hes a strong no from me anyway, we don't need any more injury prone KPP

Apparently done a bone in his foot.

All scuttlebutt most likely. But I was curious as to why they’d ship him off. Especially being a legacy.

Id like more Charlie Sheen gossip please. Some of those stories would be insane

Met two friends of my bro-in-law who are in the army. Story goes they spent their R&R in Vegas at a UFC fight, dude sitting next to them was Sheen (although looked so bad they didn’t recognise him in the poor light). They recognised him after the fights had finished. He asked what they were doing in Vegas and they explained they were in Afghanistan but out on leave. He thanked them both for their service, gave them both a business card with hotel deets on the back. They went back to his suite for the wildest night. Apparently Chuck thanked them again, told them to help themselves to anything and disappeared with dozens of women. Didn’t see him again but was woken up the next day by security and asked to leave. They paid for the cab and gave them cash for brekkie.

I didn’t see it but apparently one of them has framed the business cards with photos of the night.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Apparently done a bone in his foot.

All scuttlebutt most likely. But I was curious as to why they’d ship him off. Especially being a legacy.
The whole thing is bizarre. That interview with Merrett sounds like Daniher is either leaving to go to another club, or even leaving the game for good. I could have been reading too much into it, but it sounded like one of those moves where you try to get your audience accustomed to an idea to avoid a massive meltdown when the news actually breaks

If we don’t offer Frost a really good deal after he was one of our best players this year, then the club can EAD. We’ve got genuine question marks over the long term fitness off May and Lever, so we need a tall and versatile KPD. We lose Frost and then May gets injured who plays down back? Lever and Oscar McDonald? Tom McDonald?

Signing Frost needs to be a priority, I get he isn’t Alex Rance but he is no slouch either. Really poor if this happens.
Maybe they read that statistical analysis from Demonland about TMac being a s**t KPF without Hogan and we're moving him to defence.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Met two friends of my bro-in-law who are in the army. Story goes they spent their R&R in Vegas at a UFC fight, dude sitting next to them was Sheen (although looked so bad they didn’t recognise him in the poor light). They recognised him after the fights had finished. He asked what they were doing in Vegas and they explained they were in Afghanistan but out on leave. He thanked them both for their service, gave them both a business card with hotel deets on the back. They went back to his suite for the wildest night. Apparently Chuck thanked them again, told them to help themselves to anything and disappeared with dozens of women. Didn’t see him again but was woken up the next day by security and asked to leave. They paid for the cab and gave them cash for brekkie.

I didn’t see it but apparently one of them has framed the business cards with photos of the night.

Lucky bastards.

johndemonic

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
When factoring in who will be our starting 22 next year. I'm curious as to where we see pick 2 or 3? Langdon on 1 wing, Pick 3 on the other, Tomlinson in defence? - Langdon on 1 wing, Tomlinson on the other, Ben King in the forward line?

I only ask, as i've not seen anybody factor the pick into the best 22 when assessing how we will fulfill our list needs during the trade period - and i assume we will be throwing them in the deep end for round 1, if we're not using the pick for a player trade or split of picks and want them ready to make an impact immediately. (Still scarred by that Port match vs rozee, dursma, butters)

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
When factoring in who will be our starting 22 next year. I'm curious as to where we see pick 2 or 3? Langdon on 1 wing, Pick 3 on the other, Tomlinson in defence? - Langdon on 1 wing, Tomlinson on the other, Ben King in the forward line?

I only ask, as i've not seen anybody factor the pick into the best 22 when assessing how we will fulfill our list needs during the trade period - and i assume we will be throwing them in the deep end for round 1, if we're not using the pick for a player trade or split of picks and want them ready to make an impact immediately. (Still scarred by that Port match vs rozee, dursma, butters)
Bit hard to factor in 18 year old kid or kids yet who haven't even been drafted...

johndemonic

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bit hard to factor in 18 year old kid or kids yet who haven't even been drafted...

Why is that? You speculate Connor Rozee will be available at pick 5, he fulfills your forward pocket/half forward need, so you don't recruit or trade in a forward pocket during trade week as an immediate need of attention, and have him pegged in your best 22 round 1 and going forward for a decade. So we look to bolster other area's during trade week, knowing pick 3 and Langdon are set for the wing.

I've seen people talk of a need to get more outside run in, but Langdon, pick 3 and Tomlinson may suffice, and seeking out another kpf and/or small forward might be of more priority during trade week. Heck, even another rebounding half back with Hibberd (and Jetta) aging, could be important esp a skillful one, given headless chook Frost may be out, and i assume Petty goes back with May & Lever?

Last edited:

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why is that? You speculate Connor Rozee will be available at pick 5, he fulfills your forward pocket/half forward need, so you don't recruit or trade in a forward pocket during trade week as an immediate need of attention, and have him pegged in your best 22 round 1 and going forward for a decade. So we look to bolster other area's during trade week, knowing pick 3 and Langdon are set for the wing.

I've seen people talk of a need to get more outside run in, but Langdon, pick 3 and Tomlinson may suffice, and seeking out another kpf and/or small forward might be of more priority during trade week. Heck, even another rebounding half back with Hibberd (and Jetta) aging, could be important esp a skillful one, given headless chook Frost may be out, and i assume Petty goes back with May & Lever?
If we dont split the pick, then I'd be going for Young and put him on the half back flank. We need some elite disposal added to this team, especially coming out of defence. It would also help complement the addition of the 2 wingers. Either that or Ash. He has the speed to break the lines. Something our defence also lacks, especially if Frost is on the move.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Where is this Ben King stuff coming from? We just don’t need Ben King.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Why are you just assuming pick 3 starts in our 22?

Pretty easy to just put him in the centre square as an inside mid.

C. Langdon - Brayshaw - Tomlinson

R. Gawn - Oliver - pick 3

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
If we dont split the pick, then I'd be going for Young and put him on the half back flank. We need some elite disposal added to this team, especially coming out of defence. It would also help complement the addition of the 2 wingers. Either that or Ash. He has the speed to break the lines. Something our defence also lacks, especially if Frost is on the move.
Reckon the back 6 are the only campaigners who can kick it in our team. Pig, May, Jetta, Salem all good kicks take out Frost then our back 6 is ok we need more mids who run both ways that can actually look for a target then hit it instead of dumb football of just bombing it forward

Back