List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has any legs but on SEN SA Mitch Cleary suggested the Crows may have a crack at CCJ as Jacobs is certain to leave. Really hope this is all a loads of bollocks...

Locked in for two years so we have all the power

If it does happen the crows would be paying overs

Don't know if this has any legs but on SEN SA Mitch Cleary suggested the Crows may have a crack at CCJ as Jacobs is certain to leave. Really hope this is all a loads of bollocks...
Pick 4 or whatever the Carlton pick is they have or get the * out.

I’m really struggling with this whole “family reasons” business, whether it’s a mid-20’s player like Ellis or Danger, or a 20 year old like Lukosius.

Now I like to think that I love my family as much as the next guy. But when in their 20’s and, for these guys at least, at the peak earning period of their entire life, surely cashing in on natural-gifted skills to set up the next 50 years of their life should be the advice of the managers. Seriously, they’re a 2 hour flight away and can Skype their family every day nowadays if they want to be in each other’s business constantly.

How would a young oerson in the armed forces react to this need for attachment of grown men? Soldiers are often moved to completely other parts of the world, at short notice, for extended periods of time, on a fraction of the salary, and without access to the means of communication with home or pampered support of an AFL club. Or young engineers or drivers who work in the mining industry - they can’t just move the mine to Moggs Creek just to be near family while they earn copious amounts.

Time for managers to start advising these young blokes to cut the apron strings I reckon.

Brando, we’ve appreciated your input, but if the club are to fully benefit from your departure, you’re going north young man.

I've learned that how you, or I see the world is not how it really is. We see the world through our personal frames of reference. I agree with you though. However I know people who could no sooner see things that way than fly to the moon. Their personal frames of reference and each nuance of it so far won't allow that cutting of the apron strings approach of which you speak.

It's not so much a discussed thing, than a felt thing. There are folk different to me that may better understand Brandon's ties to home, people and love, if in fact they are an issue. To me it's too good an opportunity to miss to go to the Gold Coast on a new contract, others see the opportunity is to stay and avoid the feeling of absence or a void.

Senior listed players out of contract at seasons end:

Butler - had a medical at Carlton, likely to leave at seasons end
Ellis - rumoured big money offer from Suns, with apparent interest from Essendon also
Menadue - may have done enough to earn himself another deal, may also be traded or delisted and re-rookied to create list space
Miller - could be delisted and re-rookied to create list space
Moore - likely to look for opportunity elsewhere.

Edwards has agreed to another contract, with terms will be finalised later. Houli is also out of contract but expected to remain.

Locked in for two years so we have all the power

If it does happen the crows would be paying overs

Exactly. In fact, his manager would have had all these discussions on their interest before he recommitted. He re-signed and now will be developed further likely to be best 22 soon from his VFL performances this year.

If they want to have a 'crack' at him at the end of his contract, it will very likely involve multiple high picks coming our way to make it happen.

Pick 4 or whatever the Carlton pick is they have or get the fu** out.

I'd baulk at that. I see CCJ more valuable still. It's a potential thing that we'd be giving away and on CCJ, I'm not ready to lose it as a fan.

North can’t pay Higgins to play at another club after they just signed a new coach. They’ve been rebuilding for a while and their fan base won’t accept it. They want the club to get a big name free agent not spend that cash to buy a first round pick for a possibility of a good player in 3 years time. It would be suicide by the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That organisation of beggars is propped up by the AFL, what rights do their supporters have?

Brad Crouch and pick 4 better be there first offer and we can work up from there.

Last edited:

Ellis - rumoured big money offer from Suns, with apparent interest from Essendon also
Menadue - may have done enough to earn himself another deal, may also be traded or delisted and re-rookied to create list space

Edwards has agreed to another contract, with terms will be finalised later. Houli is also out of contract but expected to remain.
You seem to be up with things list wise _RT_ . How many rookie positions/main list positions are going to be needed to be filled this year, given the likely trades/delistings?

Moore norf bound

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope we can land Crouch.

If we can somehow lock away everyone bar Ellis and Butler and add Crouch were in a great position to dominate for the next few seasons.

Imagine being able to leave Dusty fwd for longer stretches ala Sat night

33cf6d3cd0820d20ddca100d7eb24906.jpg

I'm all for bolstering the midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You seem to be up with things list wise _RT_ . How many rookie positions/main list positions are going to be needed to be filled this year, given the likely trades/delistings?
On the rookie list is:
Aarts
Baker
Chol
Egg-Smith
Pickett
Stack
Townsend
Weller

Baker Chol & Stack have been retained, while Pickett has an offer in front of him. From what I understand, Chol is remaining on the rookie list, unsure on Baker and Stack. If they are elevated to the senior list then we could only end up with 1-2 draft pick if Butler Menadue Miller & Moore are the only ones who depart.

On the other hand if Baker Chol & Stack remain on the rookie list then we'd have up to 4-5 picks in the draft, plus whatever spots are left after decisions are made on Aarts Egg-Smith Townsend & Weller.

crouch gonna lose his mind hearing our song after every win. not worth recruiting due to mental demons

I don't think Crouch suits us. In fact I am convinced of it.

Rumours(from posters on big footy) of Moore possibly leaving, Menadue thinking externally, McIntosh less motivated etc.. is one of the reasons I think a narrow pick like Crouch for us has more cons than pros especially given his lack of versatility and list management restrictions he provides the club if we got him.

I have no issue with Dusty forward more often but that does not mean Crouch in the middle compared to other options especially with Edwards and Bolton blossoming up the ground as well, Graham, Prestia, Cotch and Lambert doing their thing and a host of other youth coming in as well as Pickett potential as well not to mention others developing well underneath

This is where I think Higgins of North where North pays the salary is a better option because he will not step on peoples toes due to his shortish tenure, he is versatile so can be shifted around and he does not restrict us cap wise where North comes to the party. He also provides cover and flexibility for a number of possible injuries

RFC in its decisions has to have a 1-2,3,4,5 and 10 year plans including when some of our stalwarts retire which will happen eventually and I think we should be aiming for the flame to burn longer if we can without just making up the numbers like Geelong.

If we get Crouch he is a guy that will be here as a roadblock for some for 6 plus years and I do not think that serves a great purpose where more obstacles than outcomes get created!!

Last edited:
Grundy is their target

I'd baulk at that. I see CCJ more valuable still. It's a potential thing that we'd be giving away and on CCJ, I'm not ready to lose it as a fan.

Looks a highly valuable commodity CCJ. A fast developing ruckman who can play a second position(tall forward) well. His development curve dovetails beautifully with the career of Riewoldt, so you could see him first playing forward as a second ruck then from mid twenties being the main ruck and resting forward.

With the Crows looking liking cleaning out Jenkins, Walker and Jacobs they could be tough to hold out if looking to invest patiently in the future, they may be able to offer a bigger contract and more immediate senior opportunities than us. But you know if the club has any way of Holding Coleman-Jones they will be doing just that. Along with Balta, Bolton, Stack, Ross, Naish, Turner, Rioli, Graham, Higgins, Egg-Smith, Baker he looks being part of a high class wave of players coming through who could steer the club to great future success. But if Colemen-Jones carries on his current trajectory he will be at least as important as any of those players in the club's future so you want to be holding him at almost any cost. I would certainly ship a Nankervis out after 2020 in order to keep him, and I love Nankervis as a player.

Looks a highly valuable commodity CCJ. A fast developing ruckman who can play a second position(tall forward) well. His development curve dovetails beautifully with the career of Riewoldt, so you could see him first playing forward as a second ruck then from mid twenties being the main ruck and resting forward.

With the Crows looking liking cleaning out Jenkins, Walker and Jacobs they could be tough to hold out if looking to invest patiently in the future, they may be able to offer a bigger contract and more immediate senior opportunities than us. But you know if the club has any way of Holding Coleman-Jones they will be doing just that. Along with Balta, Bolton, Stack, Ross, Naish, Turner, Rioli, Graham, Higgins, Egg-Smith, Baker he looks being part of a high class wave of players coming through who could steer the club to great future success. But if Colemen-Jones carries on his current trajectory he will be at least as important as any of those players in the club's future so you want to be holding him at almost any cost. I would certainly ship a Nankervis out after 2020 in order to keep him, and I love Nankervis as a player.

Same. The thing the Club seems to be doing really well is seeing players as people, and people need people. The respect that seems to flow round and through the Club is what is a permeating CULTURE. It's why we are letting players go slightly cheap, finding them a next home. But I bet they still feel the connection. I suspect Peggy has had a big say in expecting respect as a given thing rather than a taking thing.

Last edited:
Keep developing Balta & Garth.
Both know our system
Think Dave & Rance have one more tilt left in them.
I'd be keeping an eye on someone like Brander(wce)and how he is fairing next year.(Although i prefer to FA than Trade)
Definitely would be into brander & Taylor from GWS as KPP , Both are quality players and been in the system 2 years so 2 years away from taking over from Astbury & Rance

No clubs linked to Bonar, looks more like a flop.

I would definitely be into getting Bonar to punt rd , specially for the GC 3rd rounder we hold
The digging I have done, Ellis is being offered 700k a season to come across for 4 years. That would net us a bottom 1st round compo pick, which we need. fOn the Brad Crouch deal, I said a month or so ago that we set a deadline to the crows to get an answer, which a little after the media reported the deadline from Crouch's management. That dealine ends next week, so watch this space. I do know we have offered 5 years and if we can get the band 1 compo it may go a ways to help get this done.

Not overly convinced about Crouch , 83 games in 8 years in the afl system and injuries will just get worse
2 picks around 18-22 plus his high salary i would prefer some talent thats on the GWS list that cant get games and were great young draftee's

$7ook for Brando ....................... Just WoW

I’d much prefer to keep Cal Moore in the list for mother year...when fit has shown he can play- slots goals, takes marks, locks the ball in...still young...and was close to selection then unfortunately got injured
He has been on the list so long, he may qualify for the old age pension.

How much longer does the club wait for the 'potential tag' to deliver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back