List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says who? Why would we take unders for Stuv in the first place? He played pretty damn well last season and for 5 seasons before that too, no reason he can't get back to that. It's not like he did a hammy or anything he had a mental health issue.

Secondly, Jones is s**t. He's not even remotely comparable to Steven in any way other than that they both have an awkward looking run that somehow works. As someone else very aptly said; you don't replace Dangerfield with Weller.
the fact he will for a second time ask for trade and not get it ... im fairly certain Jack wont be a happy camper

Fair enough that you don't rate him but lets keep some logic to the discussion. He isn't soft and you've pulled that from nowhere. As to hit outs, every single game he played this year, he played along another genuine ruckman. It makes perfect sense that he didn't average high tap out numbers. As it happens, he is also coming here to play alongside a genuine ruckman.

I definitely believe Ryder isn't hard. Whether that equates to soft, potentially, or somewhere in between. I don't think suggesting he is soft is illogical at all. Just something that is debateable. By the way, happy to take Ryder as a backup, but personally not too fussed

We need mids, agree. But someones quality of Daniher you don't pass up IF he was remotely possible.

Would he cost less/more than Bing? Tough one.. Would it also effect getting Hill?..

He'll go to Sydney to escape the fishbowl.

we're clearly not getting Daniher. Makes no sense and he'd cost a bomb. Given we'll have 2 kings within 12 months he's the last player we need. Just white noise.

Known for being a bruise free ruckman , god help us if we are playing this guy in our 22 , however he should surely love playing at Sandringham.
At least get a ruckman who will smash some packs even if they average.
You didn’t answer the question in fact most of what you are complaining about is just made up

Just some thoughts and questions about a few players.

Cam Ellis-Yolmen. I've been pretty impressed from what i have seen he needs to work a bit harder defensively but other then that i'm not sure why he doesn't get more game time? Is their and issue with his off field demeanor or is it just the abundance of inside mids at the crows?

Zak Jones. What am i missing about him? Decent player but i don't see why he is someone we are apparently targeting.

Alex Keath. Great at the 1% but his attitude about what he is worth already after 3 years troubles me. It may be an old term now but is get a FIGJAM vibe about him?

Aaron Francis. Been a fan of his since his junior days, another great at the 1% and reads the play well. I think it took him time to get use to the system. Any interest? Because i would go him over Keath.

Finally it isn't exactly trade but with clubs again asking for priority picks, what is the likelihood of clubs being offered pre draft access to mature age players again this year. It hasn't been used as much as i would of thought especially for defenders. Tom Stewart and Callum Wilkie have shown the benefit of that system.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trevor Barker Award broadcast - players not (one of the 27) on the screensaver slides when the break is on...

- Josh Bruce
- Blake Acres
- Stuv
- Dunstan

Coincidence?

Carlisle and Newnes are though.

Pretty shitty if it was intentional then.

Pretty s**tty if it was intentional then.

There are other players not featured...Lonie, Browny, Coff, Marsh off the top of my head. Very much doubt it is a deliberate thing.

JWebs been out a few weeks (most of the season) and seems a lot are forgetting what a gun he is. Very good defender and is a beauty of a kick. Misses occasionally trying to take on too much, but love it that he is always looking to make something

Got pidgeon holed as a back pocket under Richo, I would like to see him tried on a wing or midfield, I think he has the talent.

Last edited:
Got pidgeon holed as a back pocket under Richo, I would to see him tried on a wing or midfield, I think he has the talent.
Webster needs to take the role of Savage with Paton picking up Websters old role as more of a lock down.

Pretty obvious that Bruce is gone.

Usually very active on his Instagram story for St.Kilda things.

Didn’t do one when Rats was announced or for the winners tonight.

Goneski
I've got that similar vibe about him too. He looked glum when they awarded him the saints mark of the year award. Maybe the week has taken its toll. I actually want him to stay. You can see how passionate he was out of the field this year. More than some of the other players who at times went through the motions.

I've got that similar vibe about him too. He looked glum when they awarded him the saints mark of the year award. Maybe the week has taken its toll. I actually want him to stay. You can see how passionate he was out of the field this year. More than some of the other players who at times went through the motions.
With the changing of the guard comes some tough decisions. Our club is attempting to salvage what it can from this failed rebuild, and make us relevant again asap before supporters give up.
Since Battle and Ming are obviously where the club is putting its money, and since Snake, Roma and *Ryder can all pinch hit that position, it's the right thing to trade Juicy whilst in his prime.
If he goes to the doggies I'll be happy he's at my 2nd team and l hope he snaffles a flag as long as it's not against us..

With the changing of the guard comes some tough decisions. Our club is attempting to salvage what it can from this failed rebuild, and make us relevant again asap before supporters give up.
Since Battle and Ming are obviously where the club is putting its money, and since Snake, Roma and *Ryder can all pinch hit that position, it's the right thing to trade Juicy whilst in his prime.
If he goes to the doggies I'll be happy he's at my 2nd team and l hope he snaffles a flag as long as it's not against us..
Yep. A few give aways like the interview that Dal did with a few young guns, where Battlestar mentioned that the club's counting on him and its other young guns to take the club forward.

You get a sense that the whole club is turning a giant page and there are some players that are more closely aligned with the previous page. They were the driving force of the team during our inconsistent or insufficient period, and they have been found wanting. Sooner or later I expect the club to move on from each of them unless they can demonstrate that they can truly be of use in the Ratten game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back