The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm starting to think you must be related to Chapman as their is no other logical explanation for your repeated pathetic defence of his performance.
It’s because it’s the opposite to the rest of the board. If we had said Chapman was doing a great job he’d argue the opposite

It’s because it’s the opposite to the rest of the board. If we had said Chapman was doing a great job he’d argue the opposite
Alas, yes he is just an attention seeker who couldn't give a stuff about polluting this board with his diatribe.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Alas, yes he is just an attention seeker who couldn't give a stuff about polluting this board with his diatribe.
Did I ever say Chapman was doing a good job, no

But the entire board has an equal vote to think they are blindly following Chapman is ridiculous have you seen those on the board come on they are all very smart people

If the board as a collective made the mistakes the board as collective should be held accountable

If people were half smart they would realise how any board works

Personally I think Fagan is ultimately responsible for hiring firing and all involved he should be the one that is held accountable and those that have failed in their jobs whether it's campo birdman ogilvie pyke who ever

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did I ever say Chapman was doing a good job, no

But the entire board has an equal vote to think they are blindly following Chapman is ridiculous have you seen those on the board come on they are all very smart people

If the board as a collective made the mistakes the board as collective should be held accountable

If people were half smart they would realise how any board works

Personally I think Fagan is ultimately responsible for hiring firing and all involved he should be the one that is held accountable and those that have failed in their jobs whether it's campo birdman ogilvie pyke who ever

Yawn...

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I'm starting to think you must be related to Chapman as their is no other logical explanation for your repeated pathetic defence of his performance.
Well, there are obvious reasons to defend Chapman. The club is far stronger financially than if was five years ago, and he has directly brought in many parterships, such as China Southern.

Let's see what he does now. Boards shouldn't be operational - they hire the executive and inform the strategic vision. When things go off track, they should make the essential staffing changes.

Well, there are obvious reasons to defend Chapman. The club is far stronger financially than if was five years ago, and he has directly brought in many parterships, such as China Southern.

Let's see what he does now. Boards shouldn't be operational - they hire the executive and inform the strategic vision. When things go off track, they should make the essential staffing changes.
Sure, but are you reading his nonsesne reasoning?

Imo, Chapman needs to go because it signals a refresh after he has been in th Chair 11 years, which is unhealthily long.

However, Burton is the one who must go regardless, followed by Hass, Hart & Camporeale.

More of the same isn't going to address our issues.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sure, but are you reading his nonsesne reasoning?

Imo, Chapman needs to go because it signals a refresh after he has been in th Chair 11 years, which is unhealthily long.

However, Burton is the one who must go regardless, followed by Hass, Hart & Camporeale.

More of the same isn't going to address our issues.
I have not once said keep Chapman

But the facts are the only possible way he goes is he resigns

The next is the AFL don't re appoint him when his term ends

Just because you won't to point the finger at individuals when if it's the board it's the entire board

If the AFL appoint a new chairman like Chapman as most here suggest the board follows Chapman blindly that will continue to happen. The board are weak if they follow one person and not think for themselves

If the board aren't independent to themselves get rid of the lot at their term end but that is the AFLs responsibility for 7 of them

I have not once said keep Chapman

But the facts are the only possible way he goes is he resigns

The next is the AFL don't re appoint him when his term ends

Just because you won't to point the finger at individuals when if it's the board it's the entire board

If the AFL appoint a new chairman like Chapman as most here suggest the board follows Chapman blindly that will continue to happen. The board are weak if they follow one person and not think for themselves

If the board aren't independent to themselves get rid of the lot at their term end but that is the AFLs responsibility for 7 of them

If there needs to be changes, does the Chair & perhaps a couple of other go or does a whole board go...

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
good-morning-images-31.jpg

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Financial strength is a very poor measure of success for a football club.

Premierships are the much better measure.

Also attributing partnerships to him is rather odd, as these things ARE operational decisions just as much as the running of the football program./

Was thinking this the other day. I've tried to forget as much as possible about that Grand Final but 2 momentum killers stand out in my mind.

First quarter, we are all over Richmond. Tex wins a free and Atkins tries to take advantage and gets tackled immediately. Turn over and directly leads to a goal instead of Tex bombing it to our half forward line.
Second quarter, if Eddie gets paid the most obvious hold in history in the goal square, we get back to within 4 points and likely go into half time with the momentum.

Either/both of those go the other way and maybe the second half goes differently and we win a flag, no camp, Pyke vindicated, players feel galvanised as a group...

The biggest sliding doors moment in that game was Tom Lynch missing after the non 50m penalty.

But our club's problems don't come from defeat, the on field results were wallpapering the cracks which had existed before. This is the end of Neil Craig's tenure reborn- pathetic agitator fans and all. We have a structural problem that needs to be fixed.

Back