Preview Semi Final vs GWS Giants, Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
victoria is hoping for a collingwood v richmond gf. if we win this weekend i hope its lions v west coast. Also because if thats the two teams then it will be easier to get a GF ticket too!
I’d love a Brisbane v West Coast GF.

No doubt VFL House will not let that happen and whichever non-Victorian teams make the Preliminary Final, I’m expecting the umps to very much look after Collingwood and Richmond so they get the most commercial GF possible.

Sounds like we've got Matt Nicholls again. Pretty surprising if that's true - I thought he was quite objectively shocking on the weekend.

What's the story of him previously working for the club? Wasn't there a staff photo that went around at one stage?
Time for everyone to start practicing the song I was singing to myself on Saturday night.

To the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain"

Umpire Nichols is a bald headed flog,
Umpire Nichols is a bald headed flog,
Oh he really has no hair,
Oh he's really quite unfair,
Umpire Nichols is a bald headed flog.

Feel free to add verses. I feel I had a better version at one point, but I also got lost trying to ryhme "follically challenged".

No doubt VFL House will not let that happen and whichever non-Victorian teams make the Preliminary Final, I’m expecting the umps to very much look after Collingwood and Richmond so they get the most commercial GF possible.

I wince whenever I think about the media enthusiasm that will come with a Richmond-Collingwood grand final.

Sounds like we've got Matt Nicholls again. Pretty surprising if that's true - I thought he was quite objectively shocking on the weekend.

What's the story of him previously working for the club? Wasn't there a staff photo that went around at one stage?

How with only 2 games on this weekend do we get Nicholls. My god.

Private feedback from Dogs players is that we're in for a lot of nasty stuff this weekend . Not happy re Greene outcome nor off the ball action ,plus Mummy's only aim to give everyone he came near a corky.

Not happy myself with Nicholls again, he cost us 4 goals last week. The upside of their modus operandi is that they could lose sight of the scoreboard if we stay focused.

Where we can beat them is with quicker ball movement .I'd add Taylor to gives us extra pace.

With all the money pouring into the game via TV rights is it not time the AFL invested in F/T professional umpires with F/T training ,reviews ,coaching.

And resources into finding the professionals ongoing employment at the end of their careers.

It's probably the most crucial aspect of the game in a lot of respects .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good would it be to see both the cocky Melbourne sides get knocked out:smile:

Private feedback from Dogs players is that we're in for a lot of nasty stuff this weekend . Not happy re Greene outcome nor off the ball action ,plus Mummy's only aim to give everyone he came near a corky.

Not happy myself with Nicholls again, he cost us 4 goals last week. The upside of their modus operandi is that they could lose sight of the scoreboard if we stay focused.

Where we can beat them is with quicker ball movement .I'd add Taylor to gives us extra pace.

Sheedy certainly left his mark

With all the money pouring into the game via TV rights is it not time the AFL invested in F/T professional umpires with F/T training ,reviews ,coaching.

And resources into finding the professionals ongoing employment at the end of their careers.

It's probably the most crucial aspect of the game in a lot of respects .

This. Worth far more than a like. How can a multi-billion dollar industry allow one of it's most crucial elements to remain - at best - semi professional is beyond me.

Pet soapbox for years. Well spoke, M.

This. Worth far more than a like. How can a multi-billion dollar industry allow one of it's most crucial elements to remain - at best - semi professional is beyond me.

Pet soapbox for years. Well spoke, M.
One gripe I’ve long had is how the AFL still relies on volunteers despite being as you said a billion dollar industry with staggering revenue year and year, yet I think, exploits people that want to be involved in the game. There’s no doubt the AFL can pay these people minimum wage; yet it doesn’t.

We’re not the Dogs, actually when we played them, we played very tough at the man and was the reason we beat them. The only difference was that we did fairly. Back to my first point, the Dogs let themselves get bashed and bullied and knocked around. Let’s see how they do against our mob, won’t be so easy this time.

Edit: I actually bring in both Margo and N.Robbo and Bailey misses out. Let the big boys play this one out.

Last edited:
We’re not the Dogs, actually when we played them, we played very tough at the man and was the reason we beat them. The only difference was that we did fairly. Back to my first point, the Dogs let themselves get bashed and bullied and knocked around. Let’s see how they do against our mob, won’t be so easy this time.

Would be less easy if we had M Robbo breathing fire out there.

That's one of the reasons I'd like to see Nick Robbo come in as a direct replacement. There's no way he's going to take a backward step against bully boy tactics. IMO he's the most like for like replacement without disrupting the rest of the team structure.

Definitely agree on Mumford. Shouldn't be in the league, let alone playing.

I think GWS save their worst for the Dogs. A lot of bad blood there.

Stevic, Ryan and Chamberlain apparently given our game this weekend.

I'm OK with that.

Despite his "Razor" moniker, Chamberlain has been the most consistent and accurate umpire on show this season.

As long as they keep BHF Nicholls and Leigh f**** Fisher away from the place, I'll be happy

Stevic, Ryan and Chamberlain apparently given our game this weekend.
I'll take that. Don't mind Chamberlain because he'll actually back himself and call stuff given the usual issue is letting stuff go, Ryan's ok, and don't recognise Stevic which is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back