List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we're looking for a 195cm/98.kg mid 20s developed or veteran key defender. Our whole year has nearly been screwed over twice this season because of the lack of depth in this area. If Grimes broke his ankle a few weeks ago that would have been curtains for 2019. We just cant have that vulnerability again next year. Garth isn't big or strong enough at AFL level and Balta needs another year of development.
Balta
Chol
Coleman Jones

We have an embarrassment of talented talls ready to go.

It’s amusing how much supporters overestimate the value of their own players. Most on here wouldn’t swap CCJ for Brad Crouch. Most Adelaide supporters probably wouldn’t swap Brad Crouch for CCJ + our first rounder. The respective assessments of each player’s worth are world’s apart and vary significantly between supporter bases. Imagine how painful it would be for list managers trying to get trades done.

I don't think Crouch suits us. In fact I am convinced of it.

Rumours(from posters on big footy) of Moore possibly leaving, Menadue thinking externally, McIntosh less motivated etc.. is one of the reasons I think a narrow pick like Crouch for us has more cons than pros especially given his lack of versatility and list management restrictions he provides the club if we got him.

I have no issue with Dusty forward more often but that does not mean Crouch in the middle compared to other options especially with Edwards and Bolton blossoming up the ground as well, Graham, Prestia, Cotch and Lambert doing their thing and a host of other youth coming in as well as Pickett potential as well not to mention others developing well underneath

This is where I think Higgins of North where North pays the salary is a better option because he will not step on peoples toes due to his shortish tenure, he is versatile so can be shifted around and he does not restrict us cap wise where North comes to the party. He also provides cover and flexibility for a number of possible injuries

RFC in its decisions has to have a 1-2,3,4,5 and 10 year plans including when some of our stalwarts retire which will happen eventually and I think we should be aiming for the flame to burn longer if we can without just making up the numbers like Geelong

I think there is some merit in this. Sincerely doubt it will happen though as I doubt North will think it wise to pay a substantial chunk of Higgins' salary for 2-3 terms. But getting a player like him for a couple of seasons on those terms would allow us to offer better contracts to more of our young talent, and our pool of young talent looks really good at the moment.

The equation basically is, what is worth more to us...a gun player short term for minimal salary outlay...or another Higglett/Collier-Dawkins/Coleman-Jones(players we have been getting with these type of picks.) Or...trading the pick for some 23-25 yo on around $5-600k wage who is ready to go, but may have some limitations...

To go the Shaun Higgins option you would have to believe he was going to make a decent difference to our team in the next 2-3 years.

For me, my options in order of merit right now are:

1. Keep raiding the draft as we are doing well there, low salary cost, ability to develop the player to your own preferences, modest but realistic chance of having a future gun(Rance went pick 18 for eg, also Schuey, Daniel Kerr, Anthony Stevens were B&F level pick 18's) and stronger chance of getting a decent 10-15 year player, but also a realistic chance of a total wipeout.

2. Shaun Higgins type deal where we pay minimal coin but lose a valuable draft pick, gaining a top player for 2-3 years

3. Crouch type deal where you get a known ready made player with some limitations who may cause you to lose a good youngster on salary squeeze grounds as will command $600k+.

I agree 100%

I'd hazard a guess that gold coast would be an absolute last resort for him.

But at the same time he may view it as a chance to further help set himself and his family up for the future. Short term pain for long term gain maybe?
Then we could get him back when we're in our window....ala Mr Magic recruiting 101

Don't know if this has any legs but on SEN SA Mitch Cleary suggested the Crows may have a crack at CCJ as Jacobs is certain to leave. Really hope this is all a loads of bollocks...
The club wont let CCJ go. They are a massive wrap for him to be a gun tall forward. Starting soon.

Looks a highly valuable commodity CCJ. A fast developing ruckman who can play a second position(tall forward) well. His development curve dovetails beautifully with the career of Riewoldt, so you could see him first playing forward as a second ruck then from mid twenties being the main ruck and resting forward.

With the Crows looking liking cleaning out Jenkins, Walker and Jacobs they could be tough to hold out if looking to invest patiently in the future, they may be able to offer a bigger contract and more immediate senior opportunities than us. But you know if the club has any way of Holding Coleman-Jones they will be doing just that. Along with Balta, Bolton, Stack, Ross, Naish, Turner, Rioli, Graham, Higgins, Egg-Smith, Baker he looks being part of a high class wave of players coming through who could steer the club to great future success. But if Colemen-Jones carries on his current trajectory he will be at least as important as any of those players in the club's future so you want to be holding him at almost any cost. I would certainly ship a Nankervis out after 2020 in order to keep him, and I love Nankervis as a player.
Thankfully I think the crows will put all their eggs into the Grundy (FA) & Luckosius basket.

Definitely would be into brander & Taylor from GWS as KPP , Both are quality players and been in the system 2 years so 2 years away from taking over from Astbury & Rance

I would definitely be into getting Bonar to punt rd , specially for the GC 3rd rounder we hold

Not overly convinced about Crouch , 83 games in 8 years in the afl system and injuries will just get worse
2 picks around 18-22 plus his high salary i would prefer some talent thats on the GWS list that cant get games and were great young draftee's

$7ook for Brando ....................... Just WoW
Like Brander.Wait & see with Taylor although with Davis in his twilight it maybe difficult.Might have to raid the suns again.
On Crouch I agree.Buyer beware.

On the rookie list is:
Aarts
Baker
Chol
Egg-Smith
Pickett
Stack
Townsend
Weller

Baker Chol & Stack have been retained, while Pickett has an offer in front of him. From what I understand, Chol is remaining on the rookie list, unsure on Baker and Stack. If they are elevated to the senior list then we could only end up with 1-2 draft pick if Butler Menadue Miller & Moore are the only ones who depart.

On the other hand if Baker Chol & Stack remain on the rookie list then we'd have up to 4-5 picks in the draft, plus whatever spots are left after decisions are made on Aarts Egg-Smith Townsend & Weller.
Cheers bucko....sorry it was a bit of an open ended question given we don't know who is getting elevated/delisted/traded.

From what I understand, our Primary list can have up to 39 players with 5 rookies and 3 CatB rookies, giving a total of 47

This year we have taken Stack and Pickett in the SSP? because of LTI's and maybe an upgrade? So ATM we have 38 on the primary list ( 2 LTI's) with 8 on the rookie list and no CatB's.

So we can go to 38 Primary, 6 rookie and 3 CatB

Grigg
Moore
Ellis
Butler
All look to be gone off the primary list

Townsend
Weller
Off the rookie list
Stack
Pickett
Elevated to the Primary list.
Leaving 4 on the list with 2 spots available.

So with Higgins out for looks like all next year, we can elevate another rookie or leave the spot open for the Nat. draft. I think it's a prerequisite that we have to take 3 picks from the ND. (not sure if that includes rookie draft)

I have no idea how bringing in a FA affects this, but Amirite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers bucko....sorry it was a bit of an open ended question given we don't know who is getting elevated/delisted/traded.

From what I understand, our Primary list can have up to 39 players with 5 rookies and 3 CatB rookies, giving a total of 47

This year we have taken Stack and Pickett in the SSP? because of LTI's and maybe an upgrade? So ATM we have 38 on the primary list ( 2 LTI's) with 8 on the rookie list and no CatB's.

So we can go to 38 Primary, 6 rookie and 3 CatB

Grigg
Moore
Ellis
Butler
All look to be gone off the primary list

Townsend
Weller
Off the rookie list
Stack
Pickett
Elevated to the Primary list.
Leaving 4 on the list with 2 spots available.

So with Higgins out for looks like all next year, we can elevate another rookie or leave the spot open for the Nat. draft. I think it's a prerequisite that we have to take 3 picks from the ND. (not sure if that includes rookie draft)

I have no idea how bringing in a FA affects this, but Amirite?
Baker and Chol have also signed so they will go to senior list as well. Pickett will remain on the rookie list won't he?

Baker and Chol have also signed so they will go to senior list as well. Pickett will remain on the rookie list won't he?
From what I understand Chol will remain on the rookie list.

I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that there's an offer on the table for Pickett (don't know how reliable that is) But with Baker and Chol being upgraded that'll mean we have to delist a couple and re rookie them to satisfy the "3 live pick" scenario in the ND.

I'm not well educated in this (and many other things) could be off the mark.

It's in Moore's best interest to look elsewhere. As it was Lloyds.
Just needs to go to a club that will give him Moore opportunities.

I will see myself out.

Jack Viney has today informed melbourne football club he wants to be traded to richmond

Neil Balme questioned about jack viney said the Richmond football club knows nothing about it and to talk to our AFLW team manager

That’s pretty insulting for our “women’s” team.

If you pull on the black and yellow you’re part of Richmond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back