2019 5th Ashes Test 12-17 September - The Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

But surely the selectors can see his successful record was built in 1 type of conditions, and he has failed quite objectively in England consistently over many years

This is what gets me.
What is wrong with playing different players in different countries.
Our best team in Australia isn’t necessarily our best team elsewhere.

They bat deep with those two inclusions.

We need to bat long, real long to put this beyond doubt.

We need Smith one more time to seal the deal, god we ask too much of him.

Especially when we take the piss by playing a Marsh, plus persisting with an opener who has such an obvious bloody flaw in their technique but gets by on their overly inflated batting average.

The worst part is that we have no one else. Usman is a stunned mullet overseas. We can’t play Bancroft because he’s about as useful as stuffing sandpaper down your pants.

Why on earth don’t we have another bat in the squad?

Not had chance to log on for a while but I was at Old Trafford on Sunday to witness a day of cricket and moment I will treasure for the rest of my life.

I thought retaining the urn was job done but it is not. To not win the series now would be devastating as we have comfortably been the better side. If it's rained off or Smith bats until a week next Tuesday then so be it. If we don't lose this match then this team will go down in folklore.

If Marsh is in purely to replace Head: Bit of a s**t call, more of a lateral move if I'm being generous but you could almost a̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ tolerate it.

If Marsh is in to take strain of our fast bowlers: Why not give Head another go (i.e. the Dave Warner treatment, lord knows Head has done more than him so far this series at more important times) and rest Cummins or Hazelwood then and bring in Neser?

Feels like they've robbed Peter but forgot to pay Paul with this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue with Marsh isn’t so much for this test, it’s that if he puts in the bare minimum decent performance then suddenly he’s in the frame again for the next lot of tests at home. And the cycle of failure continues.

Honestly it’s just s**t management of him. Given his poor recent tests, he needs at least a full season dominating the shield before he should be in consideration. I reckon even he would agree.
Remember it’s not the guys fault the selectors keep throwing him to the wolves it’s not like he’s the one demanding selection from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back