Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely attacked the head which will see him miss. Not convinced it will be for gouging.
Dogs fans should ease up a touch and remember Libba senior, very similar players are him and Greene.
Greene is much worse. Libba just smashed you and broke your nose and got 5 weeks. Greene is protected.

Except Greene has more ability in his left leg than Libba and his son have combined.

Vision looks bad but as others have pointed, Bont doesn't react like he's just been eye-gouged.

Given Bont fractured Haynes larynx and got off, not sure this amounts to a huge suspension.

That said, if there's clear proof that Greene went for the eyes, weeks and weeks, that's unacceptable.
What else is he doing? He's not picking his his nose!

You're right there. Next time I look forward to the doggies giving you the heat you gave us with a bit of interest. The whole footy world will love to see that.
While we wait, check the offence sheet of Bont and Greene.
And stop whingeing. Greene has been protected for years and got away with loads of stuff and hasn't tried to clean up. If he gets protected for all his poor conduct, fairer players should too.
Pointing out the hypocrisy of your fellow supporters is not whinging. I'm actually thinking it's hilarious how salty and hypocritical doggies fans are.

So what you are saying is if you do murder but have a clean sheet you should be treated better than someone with multiple speeding fines... Ridiculous.

But yes i do look forward to your youngens trying to fly the flag. Well at least hopefully they will. Bit embarrassing if they don't after the lackluster effort last weekend.

Maybe because Bevo's Bogans use niggly/roughouse tactics that get under his skin and he reacts accordingly?

If your going to poke the bear, don't cry wolf if he claws back. Doggies aren't the innocent lambs in these spiteful clash. Of course Greene has a short fuse and has to work on his anger issues, but I would suggest the Dogs themselves need to clean up their acts as well. It's a two way street.
Well I am glad to hear that the Dogs have got under someone's skin as I thought they looked pretty badly mauled on Saturday.

If he was a protected species like some players around it would be a fair argument. Sadly it's not a level playing field.

Stop kidding yourself. Greene has been a protected species for years. He should actually have almost been deregistered by now for his white line psycho stuff. He's a nut.
So fair's fair. If dirty players get protected, fairer players should too - Bont has some serious catching up to do. I hope he does a lot of it against GW$.

No convincing needed. You may find some day that it's quite calming once you actually win a premiership. You don't stress too much over this banter.

Haha probably not the comment to make when my club has won as many premierships in my lifetime as yours has in a literal century.

I don't deal with that minnow club s**t.

I'm not the 1 who had almost 20 posts in the space of 3 mins just randomly complaining.
But Mum he did it first! Seriously, are you 12?

You might not be the reason he is posting but your reply adds zero discussion to the thread and is designed purely for trolling purposes. Grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Mum he did it first! Seriously, are you 12?

You might not be the reason he is posting but your reply adds zero discussion to the thread and is designed purely for trolling purposes. Grow up.
Stop being so salty. Your club lost and was soft.

Kind of like your posting on this thread.

Mine at least are on topic (for the most part) instead of pretending to be a mod like you.

So go back to your club board where you can blame the AFL, Umps, Fans, Naughty Giants players as reasons your lot lost. Instead of, you know, the truth.

Maybe Bont mistakenly thought the ump might see what the hell was going on and take some action. Hope he has learnt his lesson for next time and simply resorts to more tried and true methods of Justice. He has my permission to do so.
Nah, its always the bloke responding to s**t who gets pinged. Toby knows that, thats why hes always the sniper, he wants a response. I reckon he might get one or two next time. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't. No red card in AFL ;)

I’m not sure why the details you just posted have anything to do with justifying the piss poor penalty Toby got for his dog act. They only indicate other poor acts that may have occurred earlier. If they happened then you could argue further charges could have been laid on bulldog players. This still has nothing to do with exonerating Toby. Are we really wanting to send a message to the kids following the game that this behaviour is ok? Ridiculous decision by the AFL.
So, what part of, “not condoning what Toby did” did you miss?

If you play finals for an interstate club from NSW or QLD you will not be suspended. AFL is blatantly corrupt. They did not even apply for a suspension, so obvious a deal was worked out well in advance. It was so bad it was referred straight to the tribunal.

So, what part of, “not condoning what Toby did” did you miss?
The part where I said that the rest of what was posted was 100% irrelevant to the dog act that he performed. Separate incidents. Not condoning does not allocate the severity of what was done whatsoever. That is what we are truly discussing. The fact is the initial charge was one of "serious" misconduct. So Toby was found guilty of "serious" misconduct but then only received a fine. This "serious" misconduct is something that we do not want our junior league players to emulate. As such, it required a strong statement by the AFL. A suspension should have been given. The fact he plead guilty and showed remorse should not have mitigated the penalty which apparently it did.

Oh the AFL...

if you bump someone you will be suspended...
If someone is on the ground and you push their head into the ground and put your hands and fists all over their face and eyes with pressure it's not a problem.
It was dirty and wasn't a good look for the game and it needed to be a suspension.

What’s the point of having a hearing if the AFL is going to collude with the charged player to make no submissions. It’s laughable that Greene will get the same punishment as someone who got pushed and fell over too easily (Grimes/Zorko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back