Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep. A few give aways like the interview that Dal did with a few young guns, where Battlestar mentioned that the club's counting on him and its other young guns to take the club forward.

You get a sense that the whole club is turning a giant page and there are some players that are more closely aligned with the previous page. They were the driving force of the team during our inconsistent or insufficient period, and they have been found wanting. Sooner or later I expect the club to move on from each of them unless they can demonstrate that they can truly be of use in the Ratten game plan.
The signs have been there for a while. Dal in particular has been a leading voice about the lack of standards since he came back and Roo has been chiming in from a professional distance.

Somewhere somehow our club was infiltrated with muppets and the disease spread throughout. Easy to see with hindsight but goes to show what happens if you don't get the executive right.
I was shocked last year to see the number of lawyers on the board. Not the personality type l want holding a majority. .

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
The signs have been there for a while. Dal in particular has been a leading voice about the lack of standards since he came back and Roo has been chiming in from a professional distance.

Somewhere somehow our club was infiltrated with muppets and the disease spread throughout. Easy to see with hindsight but goes to show what happens if you don't get the executive right.
I was shocked last year to see the number of lawyers on the board. Not the personality type l want holding a majority. .
Could you tell me what you find objectionable about lawyers Mr Do? May I remind you that you're under oath.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty obvious that Bruce is gone.

Usually very active on his Instagram story for St.Kilda things.

Didn’t do one when Rats was announced or for the winners tonight.

Goneski

Well, we need to be revolutionary.

He can be traded at round 9 next year. Play him round 1 -8 so he gets his 100 up for us. We need them F/Ss dammit! :D

Groater

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2006
Bayside
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bulldogs future 1st, this years 2nd and one of their 3rd rounders for Josh Bruce and 2x4th rounders.

Bulldogs want to keep 12 for another trade, but are less wed to their future first.

Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Honestly I’m fine with losing 5 for hill. We don’t need more kids, we need ready made stars.

The model should be Geelong or hawthorn, not Melbourne.

People keep saying Geelong and hawthorn will fall off a cliff, they never do.

Become successfull, get big (honestly we have such a basin of supporter base a 75k membership base is not unrealistic)

Then good players will want to come to us after their 4-5 year

A team with hill, a fit Hannebery, Carlisle and Ryder along with the natural progression of Billings, gresh and Clark (potentially the best of the bunch) with Roo mk2 is way better than anyone seems to feel right now

To me it feels like 2007 all over again, except this time we have competent management.

Groater

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2006
Bayside
AFL Club
St Kilda
I agree unfortunately.
A player and a pick from GWS seems the best go.
But with that said l think Freo would understand we wouldn't part with 5 and may not be dicks about it. One can only hope.
I think we're somewhat lucky that Hill isn't their first (or only) priority this off-season.

WhiskySaint

All Australian
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Honestly I’m fine with losing 5 for hill. We don’t need more kids, we need ready made stars.

The model should be Geelong or hawthorn, not Melbourne.

People keep saying Geelong and hawthorn will fall off a cliff, they never do.

Become successfull, get big (honestly we have such a basin of supporter base a 75k membership base is not unrealistic)

Then good players will want to come to us after their 4-5 year

A team with hill, a fit Hannebery, Carlisle and Ryder along with the natural progression of Billings, gresh and Clark (potentially the best of the bunch) with Roo mk2 is way better than anyone seems to feel right now

To me it feels like 2007 all over again, except this time we have competent management.
Agree with the sentiment, but you always need more top 5 kids.

Get the Hill done with the Bruce pick and take Ash in the draft. He will be a fun.

Just some thoughts and questions about a few players.

Cam Ellis-Yolmen. I've been pretty impressed from what i have seen he needs to work a bit harder defensively but other then that i'm not sure why he doesn't get more game time? Is their and issue with his off field demeanor or is it just the abundance of inside mids at the crows?

Zak Jones. What am i missing about him? Decent player but i don't see why he is someone we are apparently targeting.

Alex Keath. Great at the 1% but his attitude about what he is worth already after 3 years troubles me. It may be an old term now but is get a FIGJAM vibe about him?

Aaron Francis. Been a fan of his since his junior days, another great at the 1% and reads the play well. I think it took him time to get use to the system. Any interest? Because i would go him over Keath.

Finally it isn't exactly trade but with clubs again asking for priority picks, what is the likelihood of clubs being offered pre draft access to mature age players again this year. It hasn't been used as much as i would of thought especially for defenders. Tom Stewart and Callum Wilkie have shown the benefit of that system.

giphy.gif

Don't forget that with Keath , he started so late, if he wants a nest egg, he's got to make a grab for it. I don't see it as figjam in his case.

JWebs been out a few weeks (most of the season) and seems a lot are forgetting what a gun he is. Very good defender and is a beauty of a kick. Misses occasionally trying to take on too much, but love it that he is always looking to make something

Not sure why you replied to me on that, i've never bagged his kicking, some of his passes are like bullets.

Lenny2020

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
TBH Freo are in sh1te. Weller, Neal now Hill and Langdon. Hogan on one leg, coach sacked, Sandi gone and Mundy almost if not done. 12 is a reasonable trade, they might just take it and move on..

Are they in the race for Kelly? Helps us a little bit if they land him.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

I agree. We need more real estate agents on the board...

Dardballget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back