Melbourne in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Point is you lot are arguing (discussing) over something that is done and can't be changed . It's done , only time will tell if we ****** up or didn't .

If we're talking about getting cabin boy'd at the trade table (and some of us are), that's a vice we can enjoy every trade period.

Not reading this rubbish so * knows if any of you campaigners have posted it. But Hogan must be getting blind and on the glass barbie and gave Tom Morris a whack on Twitter. About being a flog and leaking s**t last year

Not reading this rubbish so **** knows if any of you campaigners have posted it. But Hogan must be getting blind and on the glass barbie and gave Tom Morris a whack on Twitter. About being a flog and leaking **** last year

Yeah was posted by Lach72 on the previous page. Hogans right even if he is cooked tonight

Lots of good ruck talent in the 3rd round and beyond, just gotta develop them. We’d be dumb to spend an early pick on one with Gawn still likely to play 5-6 more years. Just gotta pick a raw one a few years in advance and develop them
Is there, yep I never said we need to use an early pick, for a ruck.
Just that we need to start replacing senior players now, from the draft. And we actually started last season, doing this, imo. Recruiting Sparrow and Jordan, Nietscke etc.

And we have to continue recruiting, with attrition.

I actually completely agree with him on this one ... which is why I think we're probably both wrong.
Me too. And because of this I read it with increasing gloom.

It’s like when Kingy got behind us in the preseason and declared we would win the flag. I specifically recall thinking “well that’s torn it”

I appreciate the desire to create content to keep fans interested in the off-season, but the MFC page and the garbage they've produced in the past few days is incredibly poor strategy.

1 - wait until Finals are over to have players, many of whom had poor years, tell us about what they're going to do differently next year
2 - don't play us as fools:

“People definitely make assumptions based on what they look on a piece of paper and see, but it’s really easy not to worry about that stuff when the stuff that I’m doing is really valued inside Melbourne,” Brayshaw told Melbourne Media.

I appreciate the desire to create content to keep fans interested in the off-season, but the MFC page and the garbage they've produced in the past few days is incredibly poor strategy.

1 - wait until Finals are over to have players, many of whom had poor years, tell us about what they're going to do differently next year
2 - don't play us as fools:

“People definitely make assumptions based on what they look on a piece of paper and see, but it’s really easy not to worry about that stuff when the stuff that I’m doing is really valued inside Melbourne,” Brayshaw told Melbourne Media.
What you don't think Brayshaw became a better player in 2019?

Dont mean to intrude but rumours on Eagles board that there is a big Scandal about to break involving the Dees similar like Essendon.
Anyone know anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont mean to intrude but rumours on Eagles board that there is a big Scandal about to break involving the Dees similar like Essendon.
Anyone know anything?
Only mention of it I've seen was on the Rumours & Scandals board the other day, but there was zero information involved, just "something going on"

The thread has been deleted since tho, make of that what you will.

This club does seem to enjoy coming up with new and inventive ways to sink the boot into the supporter base tho, so not sure how surprised I'd be.

Only mention of it I've seen was on the Rumours & Scandals board the other day, but there was zero information involved, just "something going on"

The thread has been deleted since tho, make of that what you will.

This club does seem to enjoy coming up with new and inventive ways to sink the boot into the supporter base tho, so not sure how surprised I'd be.

Let’s just pretend it’s true.

Legit if we got done for cheating I’d switch teams

Let’s just pretend it’s true.

Legit if we got done for cheating I’d switch teams
If a team gets caught doing anything a long the lines of Essendon, they should probably be kicked out of the comp to be honest. Or change the name to the Devils and shift them to Tassie and let them deal with them.

What does everything think in hindsight about the prelim review? As in the fact the we just ignored it and moved on.

I think good teams face it head on and watch it. The All blacks after they lost to us faced it head on and were determined to prove it was the wrong result, we on the other hand preferred the fairy tale outlook of it not being the real us which kinda flowed into the year

Rather than still pretending we aren't struggling ATM I'd like to the club to admit and face it head on

What does everything think in hindsight about the prelim review? As in the fact the we just ignored it and moved on.

I think good teams face it head on and watch it. The All blacks after they lost to us faced it head on and were determined to prove it was the wrong result, we on the other hand preferred the fairy tale outlook of it not being the real us which kinda flowed into the year

Rather than still pretending we aren't struggling ATM I'd like to the club to admit and face it head on

Yeah, if true,it was a joke.

In my opinion you can't build resilience by indulging in self delusion, which not reviewing the result clearly was. And I'm even more concerned that the entire coaching and management don't seem to have reviewed the game and taken any lessons from it to adapt the way we played in 2019

Having said all of that, I think we have successfully removed the professionalism that was carefully built up over the last few years, so it makes sense.

An interview with La Coach from the Melb website has me baffled .Even when asked about the lessons learnt from this past season he just waffles on about Brand and keeping the faith blah blah . At the least he owes the fans something more than the crap he has been spewing for most of the year . I haven't posted a link because we have heard it all before . Putting him on a longer contract has him way too comfortable with the failure this season , and it started with not reviewing last years Prelim thrashing IMO . If its true that Goodwin pressured Misson( it think it is) into bringing back players underdone the guy is a ******* .

One thing that’s never been established, as far as I know, about the prelim review or lack thereof is how wide was the scope?

I may be in the minority, but I don’t see much point in reviewing it forensically with the players as it was just a bedshit from go to woe. “You ****ed up there. Roll the tape. And there. Back and to the left.”

That said, if the coaches didn’t review it themselves to try and work out how West Coast managed to completely discombobulate our game plan or why our players seemed to break so easily after two finals wins or to critically analyse their own performance in trying to arrest the slide on the day - what is their actual purpose? I’d be more than happy to collect half their wage to sweep pathetic performances under the rug.

One thing that’s never been established, as far as I know, about the prelim review or lack thereof is how wide was the scope?

I may be in the minority, but I don’t see much point in reviewing it forensically with the players as it was just a beds**t from go to woe. “You f’ed up there. Roll the tape. And there. Back and to the left.”

That said, if the coaches didn’t review it themselves to try and work out how West Coast managed to completely discombobulate our game plan or why our players seemed to break so easily after two finals wins or to critically analyse their own performance in trying to arrest the slide on the day - what is their actual purpose? I’d be more than happy to collect half their wage to sweep pathetic performances under the rug.
Maybe I'm in the minority but facing your problem head on is a better chance to learn than pretending it didn't happen. Why did the players get smashed? Why were the over awed? Why was WC that much better

Just pretending like it was a fluke that wouldn't be repeated was poor coaching imo and with hindsight hasn't worked at all

An interview with La Coach from the Melb website has me baffled .Even when asked about the lessons learnt from this past season he just waffles on about Brand and keeping the faith blah blah . At the least he owes the fans something more than the crap he has been spewing for most of the year . I haven't posted a link because we have heard it all before . Putting him on a longer contract has him way too comfortable with the failure this season , and it started with not reviewing last years Prelim thrashing IMO . If its true that Goodwin pressured Misson( it think it is) into bringing back players underdone the guy is a ******* .

If the Club wanted to actually do this properly, they should have put him up to go 1 on 1 with serious footy journos.

Not shock jocks like Barrett or Caro, but maybe Whateley/Robbo, Gary Lyon, Gerard Healy & Jonathan Brown?

The poor young woman from the Club didn't ask any questions from his answers - such as why do you keep talking about our BRAND - because clearly it was a heavily managed interview, where he had been given the questions in advance (and probably had some involvement in the drafting of them) and came with rehearsed answers ready to go.

Goody has always been a pretty poor media performer - he’s as bland as Roos without being anywhere near as smart (Roos was good at avoiding blame on both himself and the players). Club is obviously trying to get something out there so we can’t say Goodwins been silent since season end but jesus he is as uninspiring as they get. I’d love a journo to actually grill him with the following questions:

- Why have Melbourne rushed players back from injury so often?
- Why was Fritsch played back all year when his best footy was up forward in 2018?
- Why have our weaknesses (Poor forward entries, easy to score against, flooding the contest) gotten worse?

Of course this won’t happen because journos are desperate to keep their fingers in the AFL pie and are too scared to criticise. As much as I hate Barrett at least he has the balls to question people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back