Preview Semi Final vs GWS Giants, Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do question the integrity of the AFL and the influence the AFL’s heavy’s and it’s Commission in achieving desired outcomes. The non-suspension of Cotchin in the preliminary final or the umpiring in the Bulldogs GF win, the introduction of the NGA to counter the northern academies and numerous other constant revolving issues demonstrate how farcical the AFL is and that’s Integrity should be questioned.

Yeah of coarse it should be questioned at an administration level. We do it every single week on all levels. I just can't go as far as to believe that the AFL would send orders down to the umpiring department to give more free kicks to a certain team to achieve some pre-determined outcome. That's where I draw the line.

You think that the umpires were actively instructed to fix games the Bulldogs were involved in, and that the guided them with the whistle to a flag?

also with the Cotchin one, that is a total 50/50.. I didn't think he would go at the time. He was in the act of going for the ball, very different to just flattening someone. Could have he been suspended, maybe? is it an indication of AFL conspiracy, absolutely not.

In addition I didn't state that . I simply outlined the broader picture and I believe people are naive if they don't think a lot goes on that helps the corporate behemoth get its way.

You've heard Fitzpatrick on the phone , imagine what goes on behind closed doors.

I'll never forget the club dealing with Samuel . Those stories still to see the light of day

Lots does go on, of coarse it does. The actively give certain teams better fixtures than other to feed advertising dollar. They appoint certain administrators at club level (as they did with us to great effect) and influence inner club workings. The constant manipulate the look of the game which can effect the games function.

I just don't think they would really care if 1 player is available in a game enough to 'fix' the tribunal system, or risk the entire integrity of the AFL to give a team a few more free kicks on a Saturday night - they are two entirely different things.

Well it's my opinion is all I said, sorry to upset you so.
No worries Sauce , maybe I should of left out the last line , sorry about that.
You didn't upset me , just that I have a view of this could be our best window , you never know .
We are not quite there in experience or do we have the ability to articulate a move out from defence like the Richmonds , but on the day we can still role them or any other team.

All the huff 'n' puff from Leon Cameron and the Giants about bringing the rough stuff is a transparent ploy to get into the heads of our players (and maybe coaches). I hope it doesn't work in shifting their focus. We need to just play our game, and not waste a thought on protecting ourselves or preparing for additional aggression.
Smart I suppose from GWS, as it will be hard to ignore. I won't be surprised if they come out and hardly lay a glove on us, and run away with the ball while we brace ourselves instead of getting on with it. It will take a lot of composure and concentration to just get on with it.

All the huff 'n' puff from Leon Cameron and the Giants about bringing the rough stuff is a transparent ploy to get into the heads of our players (and maybe coaches). I hope it doesn't work in shifting their focus. We need to just play our game, and not waste a thought on protecting ourselves or preparing for additional aggression.
Smart I suppose from GWS, as it will be hard to ignore. I won't be surprised if they come out and hardly lay a glove on us, and run away with the ball while we brace ourselves instead of getting on with it. It will take a lot of composure and concentration to just get on with it.
We just need to go hard at the ball and be first to it. Ignore the other s**t and just get on with it! The result will then take care if itself.

WE just need to remember the Port Adelaide match.They came out guns blazing, attacking the man not the ball and we smashed them.

I do question the integrity of the AFL and the influence the AFL’s heavy’s and it’s Commission in achieving desired outcomes. The non-suspension of Cotchin in the preliminary final or the umpiring in the Bulldogs GF win, the introduction of the NGA to counter the northern academies and numerous other constant revolving issues demonstrate how farcical the AFL is and that’s Integrity should be questioned.

The problem with the logic here is the same problem with the logic of every single conspiracy theory going around. There is absolutely no way known a large profitable, successful sporting administration would risk jeopardising everything just to manipulate results slightly in their favour commerically.

Umpires are solicitors and doctors and professional people in their own right. All it would take would be one of them coming out and leaking the fact and the integrity of the entire AFL would be ruined for good. Absolutely every executive would be sacked, the commission would be forced to resign. It would be the single greatest controversy in Australian sports history. And yet not one of those umpires ever comes forward? Why? Because its a conspiracy theory.

That ump line up looks so much better. Razor is a great ump.

Re the AFL fixing games, how else do you explain us finishing second this year. The outcome of the North game was a fait accompli.

WE just need to remember the Port Adelaide match.They came out guns blazing, attacking the man not the ball and we smashed them.

Given this has been repeated several times, the counterpoint is North Melbourne who also came out attacking the man and we definitely didn't smash them.

Given this has been repeated several times, the counterpoint is North Melbourne who also came out attacking the man and we definitely didn't smash them.

Port came out and tried to attack one player. I don’t think that is GWS’ intention. I expect GWS to be hard at the man and ball. The Port example is an oddity IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Worth far more than a like. How can a multi-billion dollar industry allow one of it's most crucial elements to remain - at best - semi professional is beyond me.

Pet soapbox for years. Well spoke, M.
The problem isn't with the semi-professional umpires, it's with the fully professional (mega professional?) dingbats at the AFL who write the rules and dictate the interpretations.

Edit: Except for Baldy.

Weird feeling with the build up to this one with the finals ticketing and Toby Greene etc
Could be no next week?! Hopefully we play with a bit of freedom and not tighten up with the thought of crashing out.
Be clean, pressure them and convert and we win - simple.
We are going to create opportunities, it will be a case of whether we can put them away.

Yeah, nah. Richmond and/or Collingwood supporters and the media hoping for a Richmond Collingwood Grand Final. Every other Victorian praying for any alternative.

Yes there is no Vic V others - Vic teams despise each other. Essendon Carlton Hawk fans would rather see us in the grand final than the Pies or Tigers. Pies fans Tigers fans (and some North fans!) and the AFL are the only ones hoping for that. Even further many fans of either would be hoping the other gets beaten in the prelim.

Who we expecting to come in for Mitch? I reckon Lester. Bailey to the wing.

I worry about bringing in a cox/keays type for such an important game. Cox always needs a quarter or two to settle and it’s such a huge game.

Out in straight sets would be a very disappointing end to the season.

Who we expecting to come in for Mitch? I reckon Lester. Bailey to the wing.

I worry about bringing in a cox/keays type for such an important game. Cox always needs a quarter or two to settle and it’s such a huge game.

Out in straight sets would be a very disappointing end to the season.

It's a conundrum Lester is more reliable but Cox more likely to do something creative to set up a goal

Will be interesting to see which way they go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back