News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has kicked 40+ goals by fluke has he? There are so many on here that bag JJ, and he has plenty of faults, but name the forward/rucks in the league that are better than him. It's not a long list!!
That's completely not the point. JJ is currently a better footballer than Berg, no debate.

If we are going to rebuild, then JJ is not in the next premiership team, and if we think Berg is going to develop to be our FF/CHF then we need to invest in him.

Great he crashes packs, he just can't catch the f'en ball. I love forwards like that!!!

A forward who can actually mark is worth 10x a forwards who presents well and works hard but can't.
So you dont think a young forward can improve his marking?

Us older mature people should remember a guy called Rodney Marsh. When he 1st played test cricket as a wicket keeper he was nicked named iron gloves.
The rest is history

Easier to fix up marking than turning a marshmallow into a warrior.

In saying that in defence of our forwards how does Jenkins take Rance apart and Fogarty kick 5 on McGovern and be s**t the rest of the time.

Amazing how bit of a game plan works. Might even excite the players

Is luke Partington worth a rookie punt? Remember watching him tear the wafl up over here now hes done the same to the sanfl. Any thoughts?

If we trade out CEY and Greenwood then why not. We could also possibly delist Poholke and free up an extra spot on the main list and replace him with Partington. Seems to be a pretty like for like replacement. If we were to trade one of the Crouch brothers then Partington and Poholke would both be pretty decent options in the short term.

This Laird trade stuff isn’t going away. Good old Dwayne Russell says ‘higher ups’ at the Crows hinting he could be traded. Would be the dumbest move. And that says a lot.

If we trade out CEY and Greenwood then why not. We could also possibly delist Poholke and free up an extra spot on the main list and replace him with Partington. Seems to be a pretty like for like replacement. If we were to trade one of the Crouch brothers then Partington and Poholke would both be pretty decent options in the short term.

Poholke is contracted for another year

something almost everyone on this board seems to miss constantly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracts mean very little. Club could still move him if he is willing to move.

His reply was to the poster that said Poholke could be DELISTED, that's an altogether different proposition and one that not going to happen unless the club is prepared to pay out his contract.....will not happen.

I'd hold onto Myles for one more year. Still think he has 'something.'
I personally can't see him holding down a midfield spot. I would move him myself. Has no standout features I can see. Lacks pace and just not creative enough with the ball in hand. Would be in Myles best interests to leave to a club such as GC if he is not In the crows long term interests.

I personally can't see him holding down a midfield spot. I would move him myself. Has no standout features I can see. Lacks pace and just not creative enough with the ball in hand.
Myles DOES NOT lack pace, that is entirely a Big Footy fallacy.

Id be holding onto Laird but if he does choose to be traded (of which I doubt) then at least he is a top 10 pick.

All Australian, Best and Fairest, still young and under contract for 2 more years.....if it is Geelong as rumoured we would be getting whatever they get for Kelly.

He looked fairly quick on Sunday. Broke away from the pack a number of times.

Crazy that we preferred Douglas over him this year.

Id be holding onto Laird but if he does choose to be traded (of which I doubt) then at least he is a top 10 pick.

All Australian, Best and Fairest, still young and under contract for 2 more years.....if it is Geelong as rumoured we would be getting whatever they get for Kelly.
Haven't I read somewhere Geelong have to use a 1st round pick this year?

Myles & Gooch have been the main 2 who have suffered from our selection continuity policy.

If we moved these guys on without giving them a proper go (particularly Myles) i would be annoyed.

He seems to get a chance and then we drop him the week after, he needs a decent block of games to get settled in.

He looked fairly quick on Sunday. Broke away from the pack a number of times.

Crazy that we preferred Douglas over him this year.
Exactly he's a sub 3.00 20m sprint player [2.98]...he ain't slow, in fact he's quite quick. Decision making and composure has been his biggest area that needed work and IMO that has improved markedly this season.

Haven't I read somewhere Geelong have to use a 1st round pick this year?
yes. But apparently they will be getting 2 x 1st round picks for Kelly if the Melbourne media machine is to be believed - so if they want Laird it would have to be a better deal than what they get for Kelly considering Laird is a 2 x AA in the last 3 seasons

Honestly cant see who he would take the spot of. Moving forward our midfield is likely to be Sloane, Jones, Gallucci, MCrouch, BCrouch, Smith, McHenry. I also feel Brown and Doedee are potential midfielders. Not to mention who we trade and draft. If we keep pick 3 i presume they would be going for the best available mid with class and speed. Nothing against myles but he is a list clogger and will never make it at Afl level at our club. Tbh I don't think he will make it at any club.

Honestly cant see who he would take the spot of. Moving forward our midfield is likely to be Sloane, Jones, Gallucci, MCrouch, BCrouch, Smith, McHenry. I also feel Brown and Doedee are potential midfielders. Not to mention who we trade and draft. If we keep pick 3 i presume they would be going for the best available mid with class and speed. Nothing against myles but he is a list clogger and will never make it at Afl level at our club. Tbh I don't think he will make it at any club.
All of that might be the eventual outcome but I'd suggest you really haven't watched Poholke closely this season or indeed ever because he most certainly DOES NOT lack pace as you stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back