Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Three years shouldn't be a problem from a physical perspective, he's probably the most durable ruckman of the past 30 or so years. Also, plenty of ruckmen have played good footy into their dotage e.g. the Maddens (not Joel & Benji), Big Cox.

I'm sure that year three will be a passing of the baton to Xerri, who'll be absolutely primed by then.

Can anyone clarify whether Rad Roo, The Ziebull and Quintero are all the same poster?

To me they seem to share remarkably similar views, which rarely coincide with anyone else's views.
All equally ignore-worthy. If I could just also filter out all the posts saying their posts are dumb, this thread (and others) would be a fifth of current length.

Go and take a brisk walk. Get some fresh air.

1. We were never getting a top 10 pick. Never ever ever ever ever.
2. You are chronically undervaluing Todd Goldstein as a player

I prefer the golf cart.

1. The AFL make up the rules as they go, assuming there are some hard and fast rules around compensation would suggest they are not a corrupt parasite infested organisation.

2. He is an extremely skilful ruckman, love the big guy, but club success must come first.

It's Megalo time and we bottled it. We blinked, he said it all himself, he doesn't want change in his life, happy crusing around on $600k+ for us rather than have high expectations placed on him at G-Town.

Looking forward to another fighting 10th place finish while Carlton and a fit and healthy Melbourne go wooshka. Brisbane already has.

Undead is not alive. His grandma is a vampire or a werewolf. Possibly a zombie ... actually that does begin to explain things.
It's the living dead, or the dead that just don't lie down.

Didn't any of you guys ever play d&d?

Can anyone clarify whether Rad Roo, The Ziebull and Quintero are all the same poster?

To me they seem to share remarkably similar views, which rarely coincide with anyone else's views.

What a truly bizarre statement, even for you. There are plenty of people who share our opinion on where we ought to be heading with our list.

Maybe you should focus on counting to 34 as detecting multiple accounts, appears to be a bridge too far.

Are you and all the other club apologists using alt accounts, I mean you have remarkably similar views in respect of hovering in the nearly good enough to maybe scrape into finals if every possible thing goes right.

I will never want Brandon Ellis fwiw.

Good news, looking forward to 3 years of his best as he closes the career out as a one club player.

In the mean time, start planning North, you got 3 years at least to start looking for a new ruckman. Once Goldy leaves we'll be in trouble if we don't have someone at least half as decent waiting in the wings.

I prefer the golf cart.

1. The AFL make up the rules as they go, assuming there are some hard and fast rules around compensation would suggest they are not a corrupt parasite infested organisation.

2. He is an extremely skilful ruckman, love the big guy, but club success must come first.

It's Megalo time and we bottled it. We blinked, he said it all himself, he doesn't want change in his life, happy crusing around on $600k+ for us rather than have high expectations placed on him at G-Town.

Looking forward to another fighting 10th place finish while Carlton and a fit and healthy Melbourne go wooshka. Brisbane already has.

I think we fundamentally disagree at hypothetical point #1 -ie- Todd Goldstein would've earnt us pick 8 or 9 in compensation. So it makes it hard to then work through anything else you claim because we can't set that starting point.

For argument's sake IF Todd going to Geelong got us pick 8 (and I don't believe in any of over 10,000,0000 parallel worlds he would), then an entirely different list approach would be needed because you've removed a key part of the drive for immediate success.

For a start if Todd walked then I'd be actively maximising Higgins' worth in a trade and looking at the list direction as now a 3-5 year build proposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a truly bizarre statement, even for you. There are plenty of people who share our opinion on where we ought to be heading with our list.

Maybe you should focus on counting to 34 as detecting multiple accounts, appears to be a bridge too far.

Are you and all the other club apologists using alt accounts, I mean you have remarkably similar views in respect of hovering in the nearly good enough to maybe scrape into finals if every possible thing goes right.

I will never want Brandon Ellis fwiw.

Now there's a post that ties together a lot of unrelated matters.

My apparent penchant for submitting bizarre posts. That's a new idea.

Focusing on counting to 34. Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

The oft repeated words aimed at anyone who disagrees with your and other's ideas, which basically suggest that "you are happy with us just being a thereabouts club". Which conveniently ignores the fact that all of us in expressing opinions on this board, have absolutely no influence whatsoever on the club's recruiting/list management/player retention strategies (among other matters) and by extension, no influence on where we may end up on the ladder as a result of those strategies.

And finally an oblique reference to Brandon Ellis???

Anyway, what I will take from it is that you are neither Rad Roo nor The Ziebull.

I think we fundamentally disagree at hypothetical point #1 -ie- Todd Goldstein would've earnt us pick 8 or 9 in compensation. So it makes it hard to then work through anything else you claim because we can't set that starting point.

For argument's sake IF Todd going to Geelong got us pick 8 (and I don't believe in any of over 10,000,0000 parallel worlds he would), then an entirely different list approach would be needed because you've removed a key part of the drive for immediate success.

For a start if Todd walked then I'd be actively maximising Higgins' worth in a trade and looking at the list direction as now a 3-5 year build proposition.

We would probably have needed to look at Tarrant, Cunnington, Ziebell and maybe even Brown and Polec if that were the case.

A 3-5 year rebuild would have removed any chance of success for all of them.

We’re a club with 4 flags to our name. We’ve got some high level talent and now a coach who appears to have instilled a belief through the club. Let’s have a crack while we can and not hide behind a rebuild and wait patiently for our turn while helping Geelong fill their boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would probably have needed to look at Tarrant, Cunnington, Ziebell and maybe even Brown and Polec if that were the case.

A 3-5 year rebuild would have removed any chance of success for all of them.

We’re a club with 4 flags to our name. We’ve got some high level talent and now a coach who appears to have instilled a belief through the club. Let’s have a crack while we can and not hide behind a rebuild and wait patiently for our turn while helping Geelong fill their boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely mate. Was speaking in the event that Goldstein for pick #8 had actually occurred. Which of course it didn't. And never would have.

Now there's a post that ties together a lot of unrelated matters.

My apparent penchant for submitting bizarre posts. That's a new idea.

Focusing on counting to 34. Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

The oft repeated words aimed at anyone who disagrees with your and other's ideas, which basically suggest that "you are happy with us just being a thereabouts club". Which conveniently ignores the fact that all of us in expressing opinions on this board, have absolutely no influence whatsoever on the club's recruiting/list management/player retention strategies (among other matters) and by extension, no influence on where we may end up on the ladder as a result of those strategies.

And finally an oblique reference to Brandon Ellis???

Anyway, what I will take from it is that you are neither Rad Roo nor The Ziebull.

Earlier you claimed Goldy would be 24 in 2022. The unrelated matters refers to the joy you and a few others seemingly have for putting people with alternative views to your own on ignore, like its some sort of badge of honour. I find it all a bit weird, I won't lie.

I respect your opinion and despite the fact that we tend to have differing views on most things, I would never put you on ignore as I might miss some occasional gold.

Our posts may not contribute to club strategies (if we have one) but I'm convinced it contributes to the reporting - there is too much evidence to the contrary to suggest the journos don't read these threads, and write articles based on our mostly incoherent ramblings.

Oblique (nice word, had to look it up) reference? The Ziebs mentions him in ever 2nd post. As for Rad Roo, he is a Richmond supporter who outted himself a few weeks back when he referred to North as them instead of US.

I apologise for being a bit militant and dispassionate, but I can assure you I'm only interested in building our next dynasty, whatever the cost may be to our near term results.

Got bent over by Todd in a contract year again, brilliant.

Looking forward to the next 2 years of mediocre football before a sudden outbreak of excellent football.

Got bent over by Todd in a contract year again, brilliant.

Looking forward to the next 2 years of mediocre football before a sudden outbreak of excellent football.

Not sure it's related to him re-signing but more the much discussed personal circumstances.

Todd won the B&F in 2015 and extended his remaining year for another 3.

In 2016-17 he placed outside the top 10 before return to #7 in 2018. I'd say he's tracking for top 3 this year.

There is a slight correlation to contract status but think that's misleading in isolation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back