2019 Finals ticketing info: ALL TICKETS DONE. Go cats Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is the Geelong cheer squad Friday night?
MCG website says M33.
Cats match day guide email says M3.

well *

this is getting even more of a utensil-up by the minute isn't it, lol

This is why there's no buses:

Melbourne and Olympic Park spokesperson Georgia Pedersen confirmed the large-bus bays were already snapped up by vehicles taking kids to rehearse for the Victorian State Schools Spectacular.
“With a clash event at Melbourne Arena, bus parking is sold out,” she said.
“Our parking team have been in contact with Bus Association Victoria to accommodate additional bookings where possible.”
With their performance-proper on Saturday, the students will complete their rehearsals by 6pm, but that apparently does not leave enough time for their buses to clear the venue and footy buses to park in time for the game.

Just get buses to Southern X? Is just a 15 min tram trip, or 10 min train trip to Jolimont.

Huh? Theres no way they can change the game to KP. Logistically anyway

I think they put in the request on the weekend before the official schedule was released, but the AFL ignored them like normal. But at least they again asked for a home final at our home ground

interesting that the media didn't go all in on them this week though, probably because they all know it was the right decision

I think they put in the request on the weekend before the official schedule was released, but the AFL ignored them like normal. But at least they again asked for a home final at our home ground

interesting that the media didn't go all in on them this week though, probably because they all know it was the right decision

Oh i thought you meant they want it changed due to the ticket sales.

Yeah AFL can go root themselves really.

They could even make the Geelong WC Sat at the G. Granted that would be a Sat Schedule but people genrally have more time to travel up and if they add an extra train or 2 coming in and back, problem solved.

But no, the annual 2 hr trek for GFC fans on a Friday night to get to the footy is once again fisted to us.

Home game my arse.

Go Catters

Just get buses to Southern X? Is just a 15 min tram trip, or 10 min train trip to Jolimont.
That's why I'm coming up early afternoon & meeting people pre-match :D

Yeah ive noticed that as well.

Assuming its m33 as thats where the Geelong allocation seats were directed to us!

Fingers crossed. Last week at half time I had convinced myself I wasn't going to shell out for another Friday night shitshow.
The kids convinced me otherwise.

Fingers crossed. Last week at half time I had convinced myself I wasn't going to shell out for another Friday night s**tshow.
The kids convinced me otherwise.

Hey me either! Was swearing our heads off at the pies game "* this s**t, we're staying home wastching it on TV"

Next min "you want me to get you a ticket Monday?" :D

Not sure how true it is - but read before that less than 39k tickets have been sold for Friday night

And I did read this last night - glad that the club did ask:

The club traditionally struggles to draw big crowds on Friday nights in Melbourne, and — as the minor premier — had asked the AFL to schedule its final against the Eagles at Geelong’s GMHBA Stadium.

(same article previous post)

I hope this is true and there’s a s**t crowd. The afl needs to be sent a message. And for that matter the club needs to be sent a message that it’s members are sick of the rubbish that gets served up in finals year after year.

Although ironically I’m one of the suckers that’s attending tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MCG website is still showing an estimated crowd attendance of 55k

If they have currently sold less than 39/40k tickets, not sure how they realistically expect to sell another 15k tickets over the next 24 hours - or maybe all the radio stations will have giveaways with prizes of 10(0) tickets per caller per hour just to boost numbers

The really good thing with the low attendance is that you just know anyone who bought tickets with the intention of scalping them have totally screwed themselves

The MCG website is still showing an estimated crowd attendance of 55k

If they have currently sold less than 39/40k tickets, not sure how they realistically expect to sell another 15k tickets over the next 24 hours - or maybe all the radio stations will have giveaways with prizes of 10(0) tickets per caller per hour just to boost numbers

The really good thing with the low attendance is that you just know anyone who bought tickets with the intention of scalping them have totally screwed themselves

Actually suppose that may be right- remember MCC just rock up on the night. Would get at least 5-10k of them.

They are doing all they can to not open the top levels either. I feel for those people who forked out big money earlier only to see similar seats re-categorised and reduced in price to get more people in so it looks good on TV.

The AFL are f**kwits. They truly are.

Actually suppose that may be right- remember MCC just rock up on the night. Would get at least 5-10k of them.

the MCC already had ticket sales for reserved seats & guest passes - so there may not necessarily be an extra 10k depending on that. Not sure how many MCC members have already purchased seats because I haven't seen a breakdown of that

MCC Reserve Visitor Tickets and Reserved Seats
Mon 9 Sep, 12:00pm
Full and Restricted MCC Members who have renewed their subscription for the 2019/20 season can scan their card at Gate 2 on the day to gain access to the MCC Reserve, however this is strictly subject to capacity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back