Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd do JJ for Scharenberg, but I don't see him as a major need for the crows

Perhaps:
Port: 27 > MS
Adel: JJ -> 27
COLL: MS -> JJ

Scharenberg is less of a need for us than he'd be for the Crows. We already have too many tweener sized defenders without adding another one.

The idea of 30 year old Josh Jenkins who's been in and out of your side all year being worth pick 27 is absolutely hilarious, by the way.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's done two knees ? And had foot issues when drafted.
No way crows should trade for him, plenty of young kids ready to step up from sanfl reserves with more up side.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Scharenberg is less of a need for us than he'd be for the Crows. We already have too many tweener sized defenders without adding another one.

The idea of 30 year old Josh Jenkins who's been in and out of your side all year being worth pick 27 is absolutely hilarious, by the way.
Jenkins still averaged two goals a game and kicked bags of 4 three times. He was dropped because selectors needed someone to blame. He'd averaged three goals a game the three weeks before being dropped, but someone needed to go because our team was s**t.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
For his own sake he needs to move. Collingwood clearly have an issue managing long term injuries, although they can't be blamed for him needing a knee reco.
Actually the pies have an excellent record with bringing players back from knee injuries. Soft tissue....well that’s another story.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would happily swap the pick we get for Keath
Why not just a straight swap for Keath?
For the last 5 or so years your club has consistently been amongst the worst affected by tissue and recurring Injuries (and haven't pies fans let us know).

But yeah its all just bad luck and your medical team are doing a great job

Again as above. Sharenberg has done knees. Not a calf, hamstring etc.
He was drafted with a foot problem which was fixed.
His issue is that he may want to get more regular senior opportunities as Moore and Langdon (when he returns next year) are ahead of him. The fact he was dropped for the game against Geelong shows where his position is currently at the club.

Having said that, when he does play, he seems to do fairly well. Has composure and neat disposal.

He's done two knees ? And had foot issues when drafted.
No way crows should trade for him, plenty of young kids ready to step up from sanfl reserves with more up side.
3 knees, and his foot issues are irrelevant. He had them fixed in his first year at Collingwood and had no issues since. Coincidentally, it was the same issue that Josh Thomas had fixed after we drafted him.

And no, there aren’t plenty of kids with more upside. Matt is still a very good footballer and has not lost any talent, just heavily interrupted development. Any trade would be high risk/high reward due to his knees.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
3 knees, and his foot issues are irrelevant. He had them fixed in his first year at Collingwood and had no issues since. Coincidentally, it was the same issue that Josh Thomas had fixed after we drafted him.

And no, there aren’t plenty of kids with more upside. Matt is still a very good footballer and has not lost any talent, just heavily interrupted development. Any trade would be high risk/high reward due to his knees.
No kids with plenty of upside? You'd know would you..
Crows reserves are playing in a prelim next wknd in the second best league in the land on the back of Hamill,Sholl,Butts.
We don't need a banged up mid twenty yr old.
If he's so good keep him.

Are you dyslexic? I’d suggest you read my post again, because you’ve swapped words around to give that sentence a completely different meaning.
Crows reserves are playing in a prelim next wknd in the second best league in the land on the back of Hamill,Sholl,Butts.
My sincere wish is that we do keep him. He’s only 23, so if he stays fit he could easily be a 150+ game player for us, and has the talent to move in to the midfield too imo.

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
We could use another pick in this years draft too, moving him on opens up some cap space as I doubt he’s playing for peanuts. He’s outside our best 22 and plays a position we have a lot of depth in... happy to find him a new home
Do you? I would have thought that players over 190cm is exactly what Collingwood need more of, not less. Who would be keeping him out of the side?

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you? I would have thought that players over 190cm is exactly what Collingwood need more of, not less. Who would be keeping him out of the side?
He’s 191cms and has been forced to play key back with Moore out of the side for half the year. Best position is that 3rd man up role but we have only really ran with one most of the year in Howe. With Greenwood out now, it’s between Shaz and Aish for his small defender stop and I’m tipping Aish will pip him for it.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s not a key defender, we have Langdon, Howe, Maynard, Crisp all around 190cm etc ahead of him plus will be wanting to get games into Murphy... you could probably add Murray, Aish, Greenwood, Quaynor as other non key position defenders we have on the list albeit they aren’t ‘third’ talls they push him out on match ups like the final against Geelong

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I really struggle to see who would be willing to offer a multi year deal to a player that has had his injury concerns.
Think it would have to be a south australian team if he was to leave but cant see any club offering more than 3 years and not to high coin, He was a very good junior but injuries have held him back and no certainty to have a long career. injuries usually get worse as they get older

Will sty at the pies imo

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sort of like how Patrick Wilson is a star at SANFL level but looks like an honest trier at AFL level.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sort of like how Patrick Wilson is a star at SANFL level but looks like an honest trier at AFL level.
No not really .. nice swipe tho..
Wilson has played 2 AFL games total so I'd say hold fire on him.
The three kids I mentioned are straight out of u18 and are holding down key positions.

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
For the last 5 or so years your club has consistently been amongst the worst affected by tissue and recurring Injuries (and haven't pies fans let us know).

But yeah its all just bad luck and your medical team are doing a great job

This thread is about Sharenberg. He has not been mismanaged, he has not had any soft tissue injuries, he had a problem with his feet that existed when we drafted him and then did his knees. Nothing we could do to stop it. Maybe you have him confused with Darcy, it would not surprise you seem like a half wit.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
This thread is about Sharenberg. He has not been mismanaged, he has not had any soft tissue injuries, he had a problem with his feet that existed when we drafted him and then did his knees. Nothing we could do to stop it. Maybe you have him confused with Darcy, it would not surprise you seem like a half wit.
I know that as a collingwood fan you have a predisposition to blame everything and everyone else for everything that goes wrong (mostly the umpires and luck), but after years of frequent and repeat injuries perhaps its time to think that maybe the club needs to handle things better. And yes, that includes managing the repair and rehab of knee injuries.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cant really think of a team for him, most clubs are well stocked for third tall defenders. Maybe North? Not sure, maybe he signs a short term extension and reevaluates in a year or two.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
If any club is lucky enough to get him, they'll get a bargain who if they can keep from further re-injuring his knee, will be a star defender. There are plenty of clubs he could join and star at.

It's a common misconception based on his height that he's just a medium/third tall defender however he's been shutting down much bigger opponents for as long as he's had the opportunity to do so. He's a proper centre half-back without the glamour of getting a million rebound 50's and uncontested possessions.

Back