Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

im glad my wife decided she would stay home with the 7 year old, saved me hundreds, and my brother gets to go (who can pay for his own ticket, and will also owe me big time so I expect free alcohol all afternoon!)

but still, consider 4 clubs, potentially 50,000 from each club registering for a ticket, that is a million dollars.

isnt it 6 clubs?

isnt it 6 clubs?
Only 2 of this weeks 4 register next week.
I’m surprised ticketek haven’t rorted it somehow that all 8 finalists register pre finals.

im glad my wife decided she would stay home with the 7 year old, saved me hundreds, and my brother gets to go (who can pay for his own ticket, and will also owe me big time so I expect free alcohol all afternoon!)

but still, consider 4 clubs, potentially 50,000 from each club registering for a ticket, that is a million dollars.

Theres no doubting its a rort

Sorry if this has been discussed but what do people think the chances of P3 getting a ticket? I assume it has to be higher than the chances of the P3 members last time round.

Also, I never got a definitive answer on if entering jointly with 3 people as opposed to individually lowers your chances?

Only 2 of this weeks 4 register next week.
I’m surprised ticketek haven’t rorted it somehow that all 8 finalists register pre finals.

ahhhh got it, just assumed they would suck as much money out of as many members as they could

Sorry if this has been discussed but what do people think the chances of P3 getting a ticket? I assume it has to be higher than the chances of the P3 members last time round.

Also, I never got a definitive answer on if entering jointly with 3 people as opposed to individually lowers your chances?

It depends on how many p2 and p3 members we have , I’m assuming we have around 2k-4K p1 who guaranteed a ticket , so if we get an allocation of say 20 k that leaves 16 k between p2 and p3 and guess it then just comes down to luck .

It depends on how many p2 and p3 members we have , I’m assuming we have around 2k-4K p1 who guaranteed a ticket , so if we get an allocation of say 20 k that leaves 16 k between p2 and p3 and guess it then just comes down to luck .

I was able to enter the Ballot in 2017. This year I miss out, 9 year member. So I would assume they have more members that have moved over to the 10 year mark.

Coming to the prelim instead, can't see myself ever getting to a GF. Kills me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was able to enter the Ballot in 2017. This year I miss out, 9 year member. So I would assume they have more members that have moved over to the 10 year mark.

Coming to the prelim instead, can't see myself ever getting to a GF. Kills me.

There are gf packages for sale still but costing a bomb around 2 k mark , so if you have $ worth a try but it’s still risky to buy as we might not make it etc , but I think pies have an easy run into the gf and I’m pretty sure if that were the case and we don’t make it you could just resell the package you bought .

If anyone has a spare ticket to sell or is after tickets this is the place to post your interest.

Please note there will be zero tolerance on scalping, offenders will find their accounts gone.
Face value is your sale price
Do not post pictures of tickets or membership barcodes
Post your interest in here then deal with people via PM
Use your common sense don't transfer people you don't know money without getting tickets first.

Thanks!

Sterge tugga NaturalDisaster

Tickets are too cheap, which opens the door for a secondary market. I bought a ticket off an MCC person for $1000 2017 because I missed out in the ballot and was happy to oblige. Had she not "scalped" her ticket to me to recover the cost of her membership etc she would have gone just for the hell of it.
Scalping allows for the most passionate people who are prepared to do whatever it takes to get in. Otherwise at the ridiculously cheap price set by the AFL the whole stadium would be filled by neutrals.
I'm entering the ballot this year as a 12 year member in an attempt to win a ticket for my mate who missed out and I will more than likely sell at face value + $5 admin fee. I don't see why I shouldn't charge him more to pay for my membership and what I paid in 2017.

Tickets are too cheap, which opens the door for a secondary market. I bought a ticket off an MCC person for $1000 2017 because I missed out in the ballot and was happy to oblige. Had she not "scalped" her ticket to me to recover the cost of her membership etc she would have gone just for the hell of it.
Scalping allows for the most passionate people who are prepared to do whatever it takes to get in. Otherwise at the ridiculously cheap price set by the AFL the whole stadium would be filled by neutrals.
I'm entering the ballot this year as a 12 year member in an attempt to win a ticket for my mate who missed out and I will more than likely sell at face value + $5 admin fee. I don't see why I shouldn't charge him more to pay for my membership and what I paid in 2017.
How do you sell mcg tickets?

MCC?
I was lucky, it was a mates mum. She has one of the last remaining memberships that do not require a photo and are transferable. I believe a handful of them exist.
The other option is to ask the footballers of non competing clubs. They are all issued with 2 tickets each. I very much doubt they will be offering them "at face value" though. I got an offer 2017 for a ticket from a St Kilda player for $2k. I would've bought it had the better offer not arrived the day before.

Some MCC members go into a ballot as well , my bro got ticket to 2017 gf in it . However I’m pretty sure your not allowed to give your ticket to another person if the MCC member doesent go , I could be wrong but I do know MCC do spot checks gf day checking memberships against ID etc

Some MCC members go into a ballot as well , my bro got ticket to 2017 gf in it . However I’m pretty sure your not allowed to give your ticket to another person if the MCC member doesent go , I could be wrong but I do know MCC do spot checks gf day checking memberships against ID etc

Yeah I walked in numerous times in and out. The only thing they checked in me was that I had a collar under my Richmond top lol
I think it's veerrrryyy very very rare that they ask to see the photo. I'm not even sure it happens. MCC people will tell you they get suspended for a year if they do it and get caught.
If I was desperate to go I'd be asking every MCC person I know if I could use their ticket and offer to pay the following year membership fee if the .0001% chance that they get caught. I'd be offering an absolute premium as well.

The 3 hour window is the thing that gets me. That's just garbage really. P1 should be opened 9am Thursday and close 9am Saturday. P2 12am Thursday and close 9am Saturday. P3 4pm Thursday til Saturday. Why do they put so much stress on everyone to get it done when at work, driving etc. It's not like anything happens until Sunday anyway. And by spreading it out, there's no risk of clogging up their system. Just annoying.

MCC?
I was lucky, it was a mates mum. She has one of the last remaining memberships that do not require a photo and are transferable. I believe a handful of them exist.
The other option is to ask the footballers of non competing clubs. They are all issued with 2 tickets each. I very much doubt they will be offering them "at face value" though. I got an offer 2017 for a ticket from a St Kilda player for $2k. I would've bought it had the better offer not arrived the day before.

You should have reported the St Kilda prick for scalping 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back