Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would who you heard it from be privy to this kind of information??

NO

hence why I posted it here. This is the downside to working at a workplace where 90% of the staff are Hawthorn supporters.Lots of Chinese whispers (I'm sure some get their info from here... a bit later than it's posted lol).

However I did hear from a loose Hawthorn source that Big Boy could be on the move at the end of the season. Unclear if it's related to luring another player or to get extra draft leverage. I hope it's not true as he bleeds Hawthorn and still the type of player we need rebuild or not.

Last edited:

I was told Whitfield is signed sealed delivered (to Hawthorn). FWIW I think it's just fanboy speculation
Of course it is.

NO

hence why I posted it here. This is the downside to working at a workplace where 90% of the staff are Hawthorn supporters.Lots of Chinese whispers (I'm sure some get their info from here... a bit later than it's posted lol).

However I did hear from a loose Hawthorn source that Big Boy could be on the move at the end of the season. Unclear if it's related to luring another player or to get extra draft leverage. I hope it's not true as he bleeds Hawthorn and still the type of player we need rebuild or not.

If Gil wasnt so corrupt and Lachie signalled his intentions to come I’d trade BB and pick 10 for him. Who would say no to that deal?

The Cats have just had a big swing and miss with Goldstein - reportedly offering a four year deal (still can’t wrap my mind around that).

Reinforces the notion that it is a great market if you have excess ruck stocks....

The Cats have just had a big swing and miss with Goldstein - reportedly offering a four year deal (still can’t wrap my mind around that).

Reinforces the notion that it is a great market if you have excess ruck stocks....

4 year deal for a 31 year old ruckman? I knew the ice problem in Geelong was bad - but not that bad.

Geelong are facing a cliff which could be our fate in three years time. Im optimistic it wont be us, but beware.

In relation to the 'can hawthorn succeed...' thread, maybe Geelong drafted too much and got some busts. I think our recent drafting is only 50% busts, and even less in trades.

Last edited:
Charlie constable would be a great get I would go after him. Played very good in the AFL this year in only 65% game time. Gonna be a Jet this kid, great leadership too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suspect that a few of our older players with trade currency have been told that we are looking to transition to younger players either through trade or draft. And that if they want to stay great but feel free to see if they can get more money or years elsewhere and we will get a trade done.

I think some may take the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back