List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brando's decision may also come down to opportunity to play rather than just $$$$

I think he will be pushed out of the side by the likes of Stack, Ross, Naish and possibly Turner who all didn't play in our last team, so the equation may be not only to take 250k less, 2 years less, it may also include a strong possibility of lots of time in the 2's.

Now if hes happy an comfortable with all those things, good on him, but i guess when presenting our offer, we would have also discussed the opportunities that may or may not exist for him moving forward at RFC

I think Brando's decision may also come down to opportunity to play rather than just $$$$

I think he will be pushed out of the side by the likes of Stack, Ross, Naish and possibly Turner who all didn't play in our last team, so the equation may be not only to take 250k less, 2 years less, it may also include a strong possibility of lots of time in the 2's.

Now if hes happy an comfortable with all those things, good on him, but i guess when presenting our offer, we would have also discussed the opportunities that may or may not exist for him moving forward at RFC
Yeah i posted somewhere about this before. He 100% needs to be thinking about opportunity. If he stays with us he could find himself out of the system sooner rather than later. Ideally for him Gold Coast would be the best option. Just depends if he can leave Vic or not. Apparently thats going to be his hardest decision

Exactly, its not about Naish. There is also Turner rising and a host of other players that could be rotated through there, Pickett is another possibility

Really Brandon should just take the opportunities that come because really these do not come around very often and things can unexpectedly change for the worse so the smart thing I think would be to lock in a big deal which will help him and everyone he cares about for the rest of his life with everybody on good terms!!

Why not simply move his family up with him if they were open to that. It's an easy decision I'm my eyes.

Gold coast secures his future for longer than rfc
Gold coast pays him more than rfc
Gold coast gives him a new challenge in a new environment where he can lead by example on and importantly off the track.
He moves to gold coast he's a very good chance of becoming a 250 plus game player.
He will be more valued at gold coast.

Think it's a no brainer really. He earns more per year he's secured for more years therefore he can continue to help his family for longer.

Clearly an unpopular view but you have to give quality to get quality and I would gladly trade an unproven CCJ for a proven gun in Crouch. We have depth in the KPF / ruck but lack a true big body clearance machine.

Regardless, the crows would never do that deal anyway IMO

Clearly an unpopular view but you have to give quality to get quality and I would gladly trade an unproven CCJ for a proven gun in Crouch. We have depth in the KPF / ruck but lack a true big body clearance machine.

The flip to that coin is, do they really need ccj?

They have himmelberg and fogarty developing as forwards or forward ruck in himmelbergs case.

Graham I'm not sure would work either. Most of their midfield are one paced. Crouch Sloane etc. Milera is their only sort of speedy mid.

The flip to that coin is, do they really need ccj?

They have himmelberg and fogarty developing as forwards or forward ruck in himmelbergs case.

Graham I'm not sure would work either. Most of their midfield are one paced. Crouch Sloane etc. Milera is their only sort of speedy mid.

Depends who departs I guess.

100% agree with this. CCJ is hitting Gourdis/Post levels.

Nank and Soldo are both young plus we have Chol.

Crouch can help us win an extra flag in the next 3-4 years.

Imagine winning the flag this year and then getting Rance and Crouch coming into the 22 plus a more mature stack and another pew season into Bolton. .....ffffffff!!!!!@;$;$ me that’s good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands up who doesn't go to VFL games!

One of the worst calls in the history of Bigfooty.

Nank and Soldo are both young plus we have Chol.

Crouch can help us win an extra flag in the next 3-4 years.

Imagine winning the flag this year and then getting Rance and Crouch coming into the 22 plus a more mature stack and another pew season into Bolton. .....ffffffff!!!!!@;$;$ me that’s good.

cjj looked awesome last game

i hope you don't work at the club

I think there is some merit in this. Sincerely doubt it will happen though as I doubt North will think it wise to pay a substantial chunk of Higgins' salary for 2-3 terms. But getting a player like him for a couple of seasons on those terms would allow us to offer better contracts to more of our young talent, and our pool of young talent looks really good at the moment.

The equation basically is, what is worth more to us...a gun player short term for minimal salary outlay...or another Higglett/Collier-Dawkins/Coleman-Jones(players we have been getting with these type of picks.) Or...trading the pick for some 23-25 yo on around $5-600k wage who is ready to go, but may have some limitations...

To go the Shaun Higgins option you would have to believe he was going to make a decent difference to our team in the next 2-3 years.

For me, my options in order of merit right now are:

1. Keep raiding the draft as we are doing well there, low salary cost, ability to develop the player to your own preferences, modest but realistic chance of having a future gun(Rance went pick 18 for eg, also Schuey, Daniel Kerr, Anthony Stevens were B&F level pick 18's) and stronger chance of getting a decent 10-15 year player, but also a realistic chance of a total wipeout.

2. Shaun Higgins type deal where we pay minimal coin but lose a valuable draft pick, gaining a top player for 2-3 years

3. Crouch type deal where you get a known ready made player with some limitations who may cause you to lose a good youngster on salary squeeze grounds as will command $600k+.

I see the Higgins option as a blend of the other 2. We would probs need 2 good picks to get Crouch, or only the worse of the 2 picks to get Higgins, this would leave us with the better pick to still draft another young talent that hopefully will mature by the time Higgins is gone. He is ideally just filling the void until Ross/RCD/new pick can come on and match his input. Also, Higgins is a gun and would be the best ball user in our side through the middle.

CCJ was our best performer in the first half of the VFL against Essendon, without him I would say we would have been more than 40 down at 3/4 time.

was huge literally and otherwise in the 4th too i thought

what a target

I see the Higgins option as a blend of the other 2. We would probs need 2 good picks to get Crouch, or only the worse of the 2 picks to get Higgins, this would leave us with the better pick to still draft another young talent that hopefully will mature by the time Higgins is gone. He is ideally just filling the void until Ross/RCD/new pick can come on and match his input. Also, Higgins is a gun and would be the best ball user in our side through the middle.

Its probable best to assume we no longer have Higgins from a list management point of view.

If he comes back its a bonus

:'(

CCJ must stay as good as Chol is he will always be a 3rd tall who can pinch hit

Jack is only getting older and we will need another genuine key forward to complement lunch

CCJ is that player

38 senior players at the start of the season. Grigg retired -1, plus 3 rookie elevations which will make 40 senior players.
was huge literally and otherwise in the 4th too i thought

what a target

Its probable best to assume we no longer have Higgins from a list management point of view.

If he comes back its a bonus

:'(
I hope that's sarcasm ;) Cos I think he's talking Higgins from nOrf, why? I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back