List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m a bit disappointed we’re not linked to any of the free agents and such at the moment.

Mainly because I feel at least 1 or 2 are players we really should be going for. Is it simply because we’re still deep into finals? Or are we really not looking into any of them?

Or are we and we're just keeping quiet while the team is still playing?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just read a rumor that Hurley wants out of Essendon, should we have a look? I would be OK for cheap cause I think the guys close to cooked would not part ways with a first but would have jumped at the idea a few years ago. Others will bave a different view.

If you're looking at bringing players in as purely depth (he won't get selected ahead of Moore or Roughy IMHO) or as a 3rd tall then I'd rather we go to the draft and continue to use Howe, Scharenberg and Langdon in that role.

I don't want to stifle discussion but can we put a line through names such as Tomlinson, Langdon, Burgoyne, Bruce and (though I know it was tongue in cheek) Daniher?

Multiple media outlets confident enough to run with these players going to specific clubs that are not Collingwood. While it's not over until it's over, I don't think we're in much of a position to swoop in late and overtake other clubs on these specific names (particularly ones that require a trade for in-contract players).

Don't have the Salary Cap or Trade Value to do the Trades anyway

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
Which players would you like to see us target?

Keith, Tomlinson and even Butler I feel are 3 we should be looking at that either fill a need or add flexibility/depth to the side.

I understand we can’t get all 3, but I’d like to think we can get at least 1.

Tomlinson we’ve been after in the past. Of the 3 I listed I feel he should be the priority. True utility.

ThePhantom777

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2014
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would dead set walk out on the club if we even entertained bringing that flog in, irrespective of the fact that he also looks like he might be cooked both physically and above the shoulders (you just don't see a bloke like him with his track record shirk contests on a regular basis out of the ground unless there is something not right upstairs).
Taylor Walker? He kicked 43 goals this year. He would have kicked 60+ in our forward line.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Keith, Tomlinson and even Butler I feel are 3 we should be looking at that either fill a need or add flexibility/depth to the side.

Tomlinson we’ve been after in the past. Of the 3 I listed I feel he should be the priority. True utility.
I don't believe we have ever gone after Tomlinson (except on BigFooty)

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

I'm not sold on Thomlinson. Can't get a game as a KPP and I doubt he'd get 1 if he came to the Pies. If he's not a KPP player then I'm not sure he's an upgrade on Mayne on a wing which is where he's playing at the Giants. Certainly wouldn't be getting into a bidding war for his services.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Taylor Walker? He kicked 43 goals this year. He would have kicked 60+ in our forward line.

I'd be worried the end will come pretty quickly for Tex. He's already struggling with his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hyphon

Debutant
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Listen guys we dont have much to trade as far as picks go.I think our first pick is very late second or third round.We have to play the money ball game.
It was mentioned on radio today pies are looking at discounted Ruck option to help Grundy.Not sure of the guys name he is from Sydney swans someone Chandler i think
Tomlinson would be great get but he will nominate Melbourne...forget him
I will tell you who is gettable Schofield from West coast is cheap finishing up at Wet coast this year.But the main one we should target is a blistering small forward from West Coast........Charlie Cameron's brother he will be dynamite a goal kicking machine,he should be our number one target and wont cost much at this stage....he is brilliant and cant crack west coast's team becuase of the other indigenous boys at West Coast.Strike now pies.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Listen guys we dont have much to trade as far as picks go.I think our first pick is very late second or third round.We have to play the money ball game.
It was mentioned on radio today pies are looking at discounted Ruck option to help Grundy.Not sure of the guys name he is from Sydney swans someone Chandler i think
I will tell you who is gettable Schofield from West coast is cheap finishing up at Wet coast this year.But the main one we should target is a blistering small forward from West Coast........Charlie Cameron's brother he will be dynamite a goal kicking machine,he should be our number one target and wont cost much at this stage....he is brilliant and cant crack west coast's team becuase of the other indigenous boys at West Coast.Strike now pies.
We have all of our next year picks, all of them are tradeable

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree. Great swingman. Imagine later on when he’s got some miles on the clock, we can park him in the goal square as a stay at home 6 foot eighter.
We have a lot more options these days, Buck's has many more levers he can pull come game time when things aren't going as planned.

Apr 26, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sydney have:
Darcy Cameron
Callum Sinclair
Sam Naismith
Carlton are chasing Cameron as a forward/ruck

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tomlinson = Just not the best footballer going around.

Hurley = Great if you want some nice disposal & marks numbers, Horrible if you want a defender capable of defending.

Jenkins = Plays like a large flanker. Essentially Will Hoskin-Elliott + 30kg’s and 15cm’s. Except Will is a better contested mark.

Keath = Great in the Jake Lever interceptor role. Poor at actually defending. Already have Howe, Langdon, Shaz, Murphy etc.

Thats a big no thank you from me.

The hyphon

Debutant
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
If its Cameron from Sydney then Collingwood have also flagged interest in him sorry i just guessed his name never heard of him before.It was mentioned on SEN this morning.but i will say this again CHARLIE CAMERON'S BROTHER who is a small blistering forward is who we should seriously look at prying out of West Coast,because he can't get a gig there because of the other indigenous lads there.He wont cost much.Played against us not long ago killed us kicked 5 goals against us.If you want a small indigenous forward with footy smarts and is dead eye dick he's the one we could get CHEAP.but pies have to act quickly

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not sure how keen WCE would be on losing Jarrod Cameron, they only drafted him last year after all. Agree with you he is a great talent, and would be a great asset to our forward line with his pace, crumbing and pressure.

Can't see WCE willing to move him, unless a club is prepared to pay overs for him.

If you're looking at bringing players in as purely depth (he won't get selected ahead of Moore or Roughy IMHO) or as a 3rd tall then I'd rather we go to the draft and continue to use Howe, Scharenberg and Langdon in that role.

Lol Hurley gets selected ahead of Roughead every day of the week.

Lol if you think that WC are letting Jarrod Cameron go for cheap after 1 year than you’ve got rocks in your head. They know damn well how good he’s going to be, they’ll ask the world for him.

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
No confidence Keane, Kelly, Wilson or Tohill have futures as KPP types, Lynch in the ruck, or A2B2 as a small forward?
No , Yes , Maybe , No , No , Maybe

I’m full of hope we can win the flag this year but if we fall short as we did last year it will be due to those areas. Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back