News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll say it.

He wasn't good enough.

His ego got in the way. Rather than work on his problems, it was the players fault.

We still had the most dominant season in 2017 for a very long time. There was potential. Seems once the kitchen got hot, he self imolated.

Not surprising, Burton better be next

Who comes in? Caracella? Longmuir? Dare I say it, Ross the Boss?
Ben Rutten is a consideration. Heard that Wosha got his last year tbecause they thought Caracella wasn't ready but also wanted Rutten to get one more year before he gets the job

Did he jump before he was pushed ???
8dd576a0bc34327af6f25abd49c872ef.gif

No one really buys that it was his decision, or the fact that it has "nothing" to do with the review, do they?

I don't feel positive or negative towards this development. But the club can make it a positive by getting rid of the rest of the dead-weight and start again. Next coach needs to be able to take full control on who he has around him.

Thanks for the good times Donny, 2017 was a hell of a year until the final day. The feeling provided from a winning Prelim final was such an amazing experience. Good luck in whatever you do next. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodbye and good riddance..

Really showed how stubborn and conservative he was this season. He also had no plan B... that was evident all the way back in round 7? 2017 against North in tassie..

Burton and campo next..

Hope the report that Pyke himself decided to walk and that this had nothing to do with the review etc is true.. hopefully makes the review forget about looking at pyke and allows more focus on burton, campo, hart and roo..

'Stepping down' is very interesting given his contractual situation. If he through the writing was on the wall, surely you make the campaigners sack you and collect a fat cheque on the way out. Quitting forfeits a lot of cash.

My guess is Freo came calling and hes walking into a new gig.

My theory:

- Players go in for their interviews as part of the review

- Players categorically blame Pyke and Burton (among others) for issues including the camp. The torrent of s**t is so massive it is conclusive and the positions of these people become untenable.

- Pyke hears about the overwhelming negative reviews, and steps down to go out on his terms, citing the players being able to "move forward"... possibly move forward from the camp and other issues

- Burton is too arrogant to resign on his terms and won't. So it'll be up to us to sack him and others.

Or re Burton the new coach comes in an beats the living suit case out of him.

Goodbye and good riddance..

Really showed how stubborn and conservative he was this season. He also had no plan B... that was evident all the way back in round 7? 2017 against North in tassie..

Burton and campo next..

Hope the report that Pyke himself decided to walk and that this had nothing to do with the review etc is true.. hopefully makes the review forget about looking at pyke and allows more focus on burton, campo, hart and roo..

Bit tough, that 20 goal wind was the real killer that day, hard to come back from that first quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are people saying so and so should've gone first like Don was sacked? He's stepping down, if he was being sacked then we would be saying he's been sacked, we have previously with Sando. Has nothing to do with Burton, Campo etc getting the boot.
Yep.. Douglas retired of his own free will too. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back