Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway I'm done with this exchange we're clogging up the thread

hope SOS continues being the messiah for you

Adios.

Also SOS hasn't been our list manager for 2 years. Read a newspaper.

5,486 days.

That was me, AA + B&F by 23 last 20 years. Exalted company.

You forgot a bunch of players. Lynch?

How about no?

McCartin is young, versatile and very important to the team.

I wouldn't trade him for pick 10.

Definitely no chance you guys trade out McCartin. Finished this season well.

Last edited:

Port had to give up our first AND second round picks (16 + 35) for Ryder after being told there was 0 chance of him being suspended for a year.

Should never have tried to deal with Dodoro, complete highway robbery.
He was an excellent ruck and 17 & 37 was good value. Unfortunately he broke down after an excellent 2017 and wasnt the same. Had he not been injured, that would have been a great deal

We have severely missed him in our line up and i dare say we would have been a far better team had he not left.

I feel the same will be said for Daniher too.
Elite talls aren't easy to come by.
Best forward in the game fully fit, do they believe they can get him fully fit?
Is it that unreasonable that a 24/25yo with the right surgery and recovery wouldn't get back to their best.

if he was 28/29 i'd have my reservations.

At about the same age JJK came back from a pretty bad injury.
Went on to kick bags of 60, 61, 80, 82 and 69.

thats what they thought bout his brother till he got more groin issues
they share the same groin? :p
I'm convinced he'll get back to his best. That's why I'm desperate to keep him.

We keep talking about seeing the combination of Stringer, Daniher, Fantasia & Tippa in the same forward line
It would suck to lose him and never see what it could be.

Had no idea he was being paid that much. Sydney would never pay that... Daniher is obviously entertaining interest tho. I'm curious what they're offering. Is getting away from Melbourne enticing to him?
it could be what we're talking to him about from 2020 onwards about
I cant imagine contracts aren't all left to the last minute to start discussing. So it could be we've said there is X on the table for the next contract. And Sydney has Y
Could be Y is there to get us to up X should it be that far behind.

Could be contract negotiation tactics
Could be better money
Could be the change of scenery
Could be the injury management
Could be nothing to see here and he isn't going.

Will wait to hear whether a trade request is handed in.
Post trade period, we will know whether he's playing for us next year or not.

You got 3 great seasons out of him including one AA, surely you can't be too unhappy with that. If you believe it's highway robbery maybe question your own backyard.

EDIT: Plus throwing in the fact it was a pretty ordinary draft, I'd say you almost won the trade. We Drafted Kyle Langford with the 1st pick and on traded the 2nd for Adam Cooney

He was held back by his recurrent achilles injuries in every season except 2017. That's only 1 great season, the rest were all interrupted, including 1 where he was suspended altogether.

How many players do you know that have been traded for a first and second round pick with the knowledge they'll miss a full year?

And don't worry I'm plenty annoyed at my club for agreeing to such a terrible deal, it was almost the worst list decision we've made in Hinkley's time at the club.

He was held back by his recurrent achilles injuries in every season except 2017. That's only 1 great season, the rest were all interrupted, including 1 where he was suspended altogether.

How many players do you know that have been traded for a first and second round pick with the knowledge they'll miss a full year?

And don't worry I'm plenty annoyed at my club for agreeing to such a terrible deal, it was almost the worst list decision we've made in Hinkley's time at the club.
Draft picks are overrated and at that point it wasn't knowledge he'd miss a full year. It was end of 1st + end of 2nd in an ordinary draft year. To put into context between those picks of 17 + 37 Carlton managed to draft Blaine Boekhoerst and Dillon Viojo-Rainbow.

If trading for an AA ruck is the worst list decision you'll make then you're in a good spot. FWIW I'd put Watts for 31 as a worse decision than 17+37 for Ryder

My bad missed him as he won his AA just before his 24th birthday and I only looked at year of birth. Not sure who the bunch of others are though and thanks for proving the point that there’s not many of them and it’s pretty exalted company.

Is he really in company with the others tho? Bit offensive to those listed.

All of them, except Cameron of course, went on and played heaps of quality football. Daniher has kicked 15 goals in 2 years in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he really in company with the others tho? Bit offensive to those listed.

All of them, except Cameron of course, went on and played heaps of quality football. Daniher has kicked 15 goals in 2 years in comparison.

when he is healthy. yes.....

you saying he kicked 15 goals in 2 years whilst injured is a bit a s**t cop and not a fair comparison at all....

He is absolutely better than Lynch when healthy....surely were all on the same page here....

Port had to give up our first AND second round picks (16 + 35) for Ryder after being told there was 0 chance of him being suspended for a year.

Gws offered pick 4 for Ryder that year. You won the negotiation big time and your club got the best player from the deal.

You traded a late first and late second in a super weak draft. Not all picks are worth the same it depends on the draft.

Go through the draft you’ll have a laugh. Toulk Miller/Caleb Daniel are probs best non academy players available after 17. Most haven’t made the grade. It’s like 4-5 serviceable players out of 40 picks.

Be happy with the club on this one 👍

when he is healthy. yes.

He is absolutely better than Lynch when healthy....surely were all on the same page here....

That's the problem. He was only "healthy" or "performing" in that single season. Had a shocking aim prior and can't get on the park after.

Lynch has definitely surpassed him. Fit, actually playing, 3rd in the Coleman. He's still improving. Daniher is downhill skiing. Might never recreate that single season again or his groin may never be the same.

dont try and trade for contracted players and you wont get burnt? We didn't want to lose Ryder, unsure why we should have to to give him for what Port think he is worth?

why the * is Essendon or any other club entitled to give another club a fair trade for a CONTRACTED player.

You should expect to pay overs if you are trying to get a contracted player. Its laughable people giving dodo s**t for doing whats best for the club he is employed by.

That's the problem. He was only "healthy" or "performing" in that single season. Had a shocking aim prior and can't get on the park after.

Lynch has definitely surpassed him. Fit, actually playing, 3rd in the Coleman. He's still improving. Daniher is downhill skiing. Might never recreate that single season again or his groin may never be the same.

Cant argue some of those points, though i think the risk is worth taking for Essendon to keep him.

If we get him healthy he is easily one of the best key forwards in the game.

Lol. Ryder actively sought that trade. He wanted out. Big time. You know why. That's on your club. Not Port.

Ryder signed a contract extension AFTER the supplement saga. He then tried to break it when Port offered more $$.

You have literally no idea what you are talking about.

Cant argue some of those points, though i think the risk is worth taking for Essendon to keep him.

If we get him healthy he is easily one of the best key forwards in the game.

'If' is the key word. I personally think Swans are crazy to target him. Maybe try next year when it'll cost nothing.

However if you guys are really paying him 900k then you'd definitely be entertaining offers from other clubs.

Ryder signed a contract extension AFTER the supplement saga. He then tried to break it when Port offered more $$.

You have literally no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not going to dredge through this. It's off topic. Ryder, via his manager, media release made it perfectly clear the situation and why he wanted out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back