News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Hass did s**t, it was Saunders.
So what, who gives a *, it's hardly top of the list of problems.

Nuffys on this board just learned his name last year, and even though that problem has now mostly been fixed (and it was mostly a problem because the players came back too fat and they had to smash them too hard), they still yap on about him getting fired.

Who gives a s**t. Sack Burton, Campo and Hart and the rest can stick around. Fix the ACTUAL problems.

Sam Mitchell with Dunstall's recommendation...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ideally
Luke Hodge with Balme as mentor

Reality
Hart with Burton as mentor

If The Maestro is the only one to go then my membership goes with him

We made a grand final with a team, with the benefit of hindsight, which included some pretty average footballers. Clearly the team, the players and the game plan have been dysfunctional over the last two years and it is impossible from the outside to allocate the blame.

If the net result is that Burton, Camporeale etc are in the same spots in round one 2020 and Gibbs, Jacobs, Betts etc run through the banner then we are doomed for as far as the eye can see.

when is the rest of the coaching panel gonna call time? then theres burton and the rest of the off field mob. at least pyke knows whats coming and hes jumped ship first .. the others seem pretty confident in themselves.

Goodbye and good riddance..

Really showed how stubborn and conservative he was this season. He also had no plan B... that was evident all the way back in round 7? 2017 against North in tassie..

Burton and campo next..

Hope the report that Pyke himself decided to walk and that this had nothing to do with the review etc is true.. hopefully makes the review forget about looking at pyke and allows more focus on burton, campo, hart and roo..
Nothing said on the internet is stupider than "no plan B".

Pyke ran with about five different plans this year, and often changed things up drastically during a match. He's known for years we were too slow, and kept trying to find ways to cover it

My theory:

- Players go in for their interviews as part of the review

- Players categorically blame Pyke and Burton (among others) for issues including the camp. The torrent of s**t is so massive it is conclusive and the positions of these people become untenable.

- Pyke hears about the overwhelming negative reviews, and steps down to go out on his terms, citing the players being able to "move forward"... possibly move forward from the camp and other issues

- Burton is too arrogant to resign on his terms and won't. So it'll be up to us to sack him and others.

I think that Pikey is the type of guy to resign. I believe that he is a honourable man and the type of man to put the club first. He had two years left on a contract. If the club was pushing him then they would have been up for a payout of $1.6m (at least that what others on here have been saying his contract is worth) but given he has pulled the plug the club wont be liable for that payout.

Personally, rather than bagging Pike I would like to thank him for his efforts and whilst his actions at times may have been questionable, given the circumstances that revolve around his time, I think he gave us many successes.

I hope that there are others that will fall on their sword. I would like to see Burton and Hass get the arse along with Fagan.

Now the next couple of months will be very interesting given we now definately have to find a new coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he helps us one last time by really unloading on who he thinks are the problems at the Club to Dunstall & Co.
My first thought was this............

Hope he walked out got into his car picked up his phone and dialled Jason Dunstall and said we need to chat

Told yas!

Sanderson gets a spike, contract extended, sacked early.
Pyke gets a spike, contract extended, sacked early.

That's a pattern of leadership/administration/club functionality failure, if anything.

If we don't fundamentally change the way the club runs then we will be in the same position soon, regardless of the coach we appoint.

Campo will stay on as senior assistant to ensure stability.

Absolutely 100% spot on.

Can't sack Pyke and Campo and then leave it up to rookie coaches like Mattner and Godden. AND sack Hart on top of that.

Campo is here for the long haul. He will never leave, ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back