Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Fekir... a guy Liverpool had his interviews and photos with the shirt all done but reneged because his knee is f’ed. No wonder he went to Betis for half the money.
His medical came back with no injury and he has come out saying the Liverpool pulled the pin for unknown reasons. He has released the medical which shows that also.

“I guess the difference between us and Dr Levy is that after being a genuine title contender dropping to be an also ran 15+ points off the top in 3rd-4th this isn't good enough for some/most supporters of the club.”

They spent 160m on blokes that will have lots of years of football ahead of them. Tuttosport and calcio de Mercato reporting we are definitely going back in for Dybala. What more do you want lol.
Not let the club go backwards for 4 windows in a row. Sure we spent this time but it hasnt fixed 2.5 years of problems by not spending or spending poorly.

And yet with a massive fan base, and the ability with their stature to sign anyone we see Manchester United forced to buy Maguire for a world record fee, and he’s not good enough for them. Koulibaly wasn’t available, nor was Manolas. Big clubs enquired about Semedo, Varane, Umtiti, Bonnucci and Boateng but none were available.
We shouldnt compare ourselves to a side that has been a mess since the 20+ year reign of SAF. They are like Essendon and are making many bad decisions. We also don't have to shop at elite clubs to create a world class defence.

Liverpool: Academy - Schalke - Southampton - Hull (reserves from Charlton and Southampton)
At. Madrid: Sassuolo, PSV, Danubio, Fiorentina, Porto & Spurs

There's options out there and two clubs who we were closer to league titles than 2-3 years ago have gone out with good scouting and assured purchasing and improved their defences.

and lastly fu** off with the short termism. You’d turn down Lo Celso (which was at a bargain price) just because we had to sign him late. I guess you’d have turned down Van der Vaart then? What a stupid view on the transfer market.
Lo Celso hasn't done half of what VDV did and was a failure at his last big club. He is going to take 1.5-2 years before he is pushing Son, Dele and Lucas for a starting role. By then who knows who out of Eriksen, Dele, Kane, Lloris, Toby & Jan is around but at least Lo Celso will be ready to start impacting games.

1) Fekir - real
2) Club went backwards for the last few seasons - league positions show this is real
3) Liverpool and At. Madrid have better defences without buying from big clubs - real
4) Lo Celso will be a bust - opinion based prediction at this stage

Dr Levy 3/4 of that is 100 fact based. Are you drinking before 11 again?

1. Yet no big club came in for him at a knock down price and he's at a small Spanish club with no European football. Lyon didn't even try and keep their captain lol.
2. Apparently went backwards in the last couple of seasons yet went from GS (R16 EL) to QF to Final in Europe. Have made domestic cup semis.
All the while achieving the same thing in the league. Top 4 without a league title. So plateauing in the league but cup progress. So not going backwards.
3. Name names then. We still have a great CB squad, and yet you think we could improve on Alderweireld and Vertonghen, who were pivotal in our CL run last season.
4. LOL.

Now, you see though, you and your partner in crime have to bring up past season results to justify the pessimism. I am not denying we played s**t from Mid February onwards. But it doesn't matter anymore, that season is done.
This season we have spent big on the squad, retained all our top players we'll need this season, still are trying to lure one more top player, and have fixed our weak area of CM. All gravy.

We haven't been playing as badly as you make out, Newcastle aside. City and the scum were pleasing performances.
We're only probably 2-3 points worse off than where we should be atm. Not all doom and gloom.

1. Yet no big club came in for him at a knock down price and he's at a small Spanish club with no European football. Lyon didn't even try and keep their captain lol.
2. Apparently went backwards in the last couple of seasons yet went from GS (R16 EL) to QF to Final in Europe. Have made domestic cup semis.
All the while achieving the same thing in the league. Top 4 without a league title. So plateauing in the league but cup progress. So not going backwards.
3. Name names then. We still have a great CB squad, and yet you think we could improve on Alderweireld and Vertonghen, who were pivotal in our CL run last season.
4. LOL.
1) He was out of contract. I've got no doubt this another good bit of business by Betis and they'll sell for over double the price they paid probably to us or United in 1-2 years.

2) We've gone backwards since our 2 title chasing years. One CL cup run doesn't change that. We achieved a cup SF when in a title chase which eclipses what we did last season. Now sure we can't help City being amazing but we've gone from this far from the title;
-11 from 1st (no cup runs) and the cue was in the rack extending that late,
-7 from 1st(with a SF),
-23 to City and -4 to 2nd (with a SF),
-26 from 2nd (with a SF and Final)

It's clear as day where peak Spurs is in this, and since peak there has been a fall away the top side and the side in 2nd.

3) Sanchez and Foyth are 1-2 seasons away from being good enough for Team of the Year consideration. They may or may not get there but shouldn't be starting for us this season. I think we should be looking at 1 other young CB like Konate (Leipzig), Ruben Dias (Benfica) or Zagadou (Dortmund) + we should be signing at least 1 of these under 25 players Tah (Leverkusen), Ginter (Gladbach) or Ake (Bournemouth) who would be instantly much better than Sanchez & Foyth.

Ideally we should 5 CBs with the two 30 year olds on their way out.
1) Jan
2) Toby (gone)
3) 1x Ginter/Tah/Ake
4) 2x Sanchez/Konate/Dias/Zagadou
5) Foyth (project player and RB option)

Ideally we should 5 CBs with the two 30 year olds on their way out.
1) Jan
2) Toby (gone)
3) 1x Ginter/Tah/Ake
4) 2x Sanchez/Konate/Dias/Zagadou
5) Foyth (project player and RB option)
This would then mean for 20/21 we'd be okay to lose 1 of the top 2 and still 4 CBs and then Foyth who is playing a bit at RB or even lose both (which is what is likely to happen).

We'd have Sanchez into his 3rd or 4th season in the PL, the tier 3 guys would be 2nd season at the club and 25-27 years old (prime or approaching it), the tier 4 guys would be 2nd season and 21-22 years old & by then we will know if Foyth is a RB, a CB or not good enough

3) Sanchez and Foyth are 1-2 seasons away from being good enough for Team of the Year consideration. They may or may not get there but shouldn't be starting for us this season. I think we should be looking at 1 other young CB like Konate (Leipzig), Ruben Dias (Benfica) or Zagadou (Dortmund) + we should be signing at least 1 of these under 25 players Tah (Leverkusen), Ginter (Gladbach) or Ake (Bournemouth) who would be instantly much better than Sanchez & Foyth.
Not good enough as TA replacements.

Not good enough as TA replacements.
Neither was VVD for 75m at the time. Also Toby at 28 was better than the Toby at 24.

We won't be lining up with the Belgians in 20/21 and currently have Foyth and Sanchez which is Arsenal-esque as our only options. Our handiling of the CB depth/contract situation by the club & your views on everything Spurs related

Our defence is a shambles but you don't want to do anything about it.

RB: KWP (academy unproven yet), Aurier (not trusted but has talent), Foyth (moved to RB to get away from dangerous areas, no crossing ability and limited pace)
LB: Rose (finished), Davies (decent backup), Sessengon (if we see him as a LWB)
CB: Toby (over 30 and out of contract), Jan (over 30 and out of contract), Sanchez (not good enough to be a regular starter yet or to be #1 backup), Dier (decent depth backup), Foyth (too reckless and won't improve by playing RB)

Only KWP, Davies, Sanchez & Dier are players that will be with us next season and able to fulfill their squad role and 0 of the 4 should be starting for a top 6 club yet (Sanchez and KWP hopefully this time next year can be good enough).

We've got a number holes in that squad within the squad.
1x starting RB,
1x starting CB (to cover the over 30s who likely miss games),
1x starting LB &
1x young CB (to hedge our bets on Foyth or Sanchez becoming a CCV, Caulker, Wimmer type player who can't be a main guy)

and you wonder why I don't agree with you. Constantly using hyperbolic language to make your case.
No part of this club is a shambles.

You're just one of those sad pessimists who can't see the forest for the trees.

View attachment 744610

Having no RB or LB top 6 quality and having your only 2 CBs of top 6 quality being over 30 and out of contract is "fine"
So what if they're out of contract. They're still here, and there's no reason they can't agree a new deal. Will they, possibly not.
We don't need new fullbacks, we sold the weak link and I don't have an issue with left back.

Stop being ageist. The over 30 part means jack s**t.
Ferdinand was a part of Sir Alex's last title at age 35 (PFA team of the year too). Vidic was 32.

Alderweireld is still putting in quality defensive shifts.
No brainer to keep him around. Ditto Vertonghen.

Sad melt you've got going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what if they're out of contract. They're still here, and there's no reason they can't agree a new deal. Will they, possibly not.
We don't need new fullbacks, we sold the weak link and I don't have an issue with left back.

Stop being ageist. The over 30 part means jack s**t.
Ferdinand was a part of Sir Alex's last title at age 35 (PFA team of the year too). Vidic was 32.

Alderweireld is still putting in quality defensive shifts.
No brainer to keep him around. Ditto Vertonghen.

Sad melt you've got going on.
I'm more than happy for them to start every game they can this season. But it's incredibly naive to think that over 30s aren't more susceptible to injury and our cover for them is the problem I'm alluding to. The problem isn't the #1 & #2 but more that the drop off to #3 and #4 is severe. These aren't overnight problems which is what my issue with the way the squad is managed. I could have told you 2 years ago that in 2020 Toby will be 31 and out of contract and Jan would be 33 and out of contract LOL. It's not rocket science mate, we've all got a birth certificate and all football contracts have a contract end date. But our squad management has seemed to forget that

19/20: we can't cover them so need 40+ league starts out of the 2 over 30s
20/21: they don't have a contract and it is very unlikely that both are still around

As for the fullbacks you're having an absolute laugh if you think our RB/LB stocks are as good as they've ever been.

KWP the poor kid has about 20 starts and is our RB option. And Danny Rose in post #161 you've already said his head isn't in the game anymore and has started the season in Trippier like form being part of nearly every goal we've conceded. Aurier has a Fazio/Chiriches like ability to create a problem out of nothing but when he isn't doing this he is very good. And Ben Davies is as he always has been a depth player

The issue is you think there's no drop off from the Belgians to Dier, Sanchez and Foyth? And you would be happy for those 3 to be half or all of our CB partnership next year & happy to have any of those 3 start 20+ games this year

If that's the case

I didn't say be in the squad. I said the problem is how significant a part of the squad they are this year & this is likely to increase next year.

I've also got no problem with Sanchez and Dier being our 4th and 5th choice CBs

This is the Spurs thread not the City or Liverpool one isnt it?

Wouldn't have thought our defence was good enough last year in all positions not just Trippier's who was clearly the worst.

and I contend that if you watch back to 2015/16 and 17/18 the biggest loss we’ve had is no Wanyama/Dier and Dembele in front of this defence.

The back 4 isn’t the problem. The double pivot in front of them is.

You’re looking at the wrong positions.
It was the CM position that caused our fall away after February too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back