2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

mick1013

Senior List
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Article out today suggesting Laird to Geelong. Some at Geelong must be taking significant unders.

No way Geelong have the salary to do that, secondly think they're after Mids like Stevens & Higgins before Laird. Still confused why Laird would move, he is an Adelaide raised boy with all friends and family in SA. Mind you though, can see us getting one of Laird or Smith. Greenwood, yuck, no thanks.

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I believe this is what I was talking about, straight from the "horses mouth" as it were. And yes I know exactly who you are.
I’m an Ipswich survivor please don’t talk down to me for cheap internet points thanks mate.

I am still in recovery from my Ipswich ordeal.

No way Geelong have the salary to do that, secondly think they're after Mids like Stevens & Higgins before Laird. Still confused why Laird would move, he is an Adelaide raised boy with all friends and family in SA. Mind you though, can see us getting one of Laird or Smith. Greenwood, yuck, no thanks.
Sign at Geelong, get a bonus car dealership IIRC.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Laird is a good player don't get me wrong - but am I the only one who thinks he is a touch overrated and a bit of a stat padder?
I would be all for him at the right price, but I don't think he is worth the price tag some are suggesting. Brodie Smith in my oponion is a much better proposition, he is a real weapon when up and going and I think our medicos will be able to keep him on the park.

MarvinMonroePhD

Draftee
Sep 12, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Laird is a good player don't get me wrong - but am I the only one who thinks he is a touch overrated and a bit of a stat padder?
I would be all for him at the right price, but I don't think he is worth the price tag some are suggesting. Brodie Smith in my oponion is a much better proposition, he is a real weapon when up and going and I think our medicos will be able to keep him on the park.

I would take Smith over Laird too, Smith is a year older but I think this year he showed how dangerous he is after a long term injury. If I was a Lions fan I'd be thinking our premiership window is in the next few years so getting Smith in and retaining Tom Cutler would be my highest priorities.

BrennoWookie

Debutant
Jun 23, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I would take Smith over Laird too, Smith is a year older but I think this year he showed how dangerous he is after a long term injury. If I was a Lions fan I'd be thinking our premiership window is in the next few years so getting Smith in and retaining Tom Cutler would be my highest priorities.
I would have to disagree, I do agree Smith would be a fantastic get and I would be stoked to land him however I would rather us target Laird if we had to choose between the two. Ideally I would land both though

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Nice new account Dylan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berrygood

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
“Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Alex Keath, Hugh Greenwood, Darcy Fogarty, Josh Jenkins and Bryce Gibbs are other names that have been suggested as potential Crows that will seek a trade.” Written by Ben Madden

Personally I’d love to bring in Fogarty, future Gun!
He would certainly be my pick of those listed. Ready to go, serious competition for Mcstays spot.

“Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Alex Keath, Hugh Greenwood, Darcy Fogarty, Josh Jenkins and Bryce Gibbs are other names that have been suggested as potential Crows that will seek a trade.” Written by Ben Madden

Personally I’d love to bring in Fogarty, future Gun!
That would be quite funny if 2 yrs down the track we ended up getting in the player that was picked with pick 12 that we gave up for Charlie.
I would imagine a pick in the early 20’s would nearly get it done now? Maybe the GC pick?
But I very much doubt he leaves S.A.

Last edited:
There’ll be a few Adelaide player managers taking the opportunity to leverage but in the end there won’t be an exodus..probably only one more than the usual movement you get

Back