Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the AFL gets a class action from former players for head injuries (this will happen), this “punishment” will be great evidence of the AFL’s indifference towards protecting the head.

A serial thug, with a record a mile long, caught red handed should not be allowed to "play on". Yeah the system worked well to protect a thug.
You can't touch the AFL's love child though. Same as Sydney in days gone by.
It doesn't matter, I think there are better teams than GWS left in the race for the flag so I don't think GWS can go all the way this year anyway.

AFL love child? If there is an AFL love child it’s Collingwood. Your President sneezes and they catch a cold. It’s the reason why the Giants Academy was scaled back, the reason the absolute rort of the NGA was introduced (to pacify his bleating) why your players are allowed to receive dodgy treatments in Germany mid season, why they are favoured as Richmond are with fixtures and never questioned re jumper clashes.

AFL decisions on Todd Marshall, free kick counts, fixturing, all suggest we are far from favoured by City Hall.

We support an AFL owned team, you support an AFL lovechild.

Stop kidding yourself. Greene has been a protected species for years. He should actually have almost been deregistered by now for his white line psycho stuff. He's a nut.
So fair's fair. If dirty players get protected, fairer players should too - Bont has some serious catching up to do. I hope he does a lot of it against GW$.

The Bulldogs Tony Liberatore is widely known as one of the dirtiest players in the history of the game.

He won a Brownlow. The biggest grub in the history of the game played for you and won a Best and Fairest award.

Sorry what were you saying?? I was watching a replay of some of your games and just kept hearing free kicks. It startled me, go again please?

AFL love child? If there is an AFL love child it’s Collingwood. Your President sneezes and they catch a cold. It’s the reason why the Giants Academy was scaled back, the reason the absolute rort of the NGA was introduced (to pacify his bleating) why your players are allowed to receive dodgy treatments in Germany mid season, why they are favoured as Richmond are with fixtures and never questioned re jumper clashes.

AFL decisions on Todd Marshall, free kick counts, fixturing, all suggest we are far from favoured by City Hall.

We support an AFL owned team, you support an AFL lovechild.
*yawn*
See how much money each club receives from the AFL.
Also note introduction of a revenue tax, also known as a wealth tax, where financially stronger clubs contributed to a pool that was shared by the poorer clubs. A total of 10 clubs contributed with Hawthorn, Collingwood and West Coast — as much as they objected — forced to pay in $1m each extra over two years.

How is Collingwood the love child of the AFL when it contributes the most money to the AFL and receives the least funding from the AFL. How ignorant are you?
Bite the hand that feeds you like a mangy dog.
When Collingwood through its own fault went bankrupt in the mid '70s they didn't get a single dollar from the league, they bailed themselves out.

The AFL is also paying for your academy - with the money they receive from Hawthorn, West Coast and Collingwood. Clubs used to have zones in the VFL days but they have gone - so now your allowed to have a zone but other teams aren't? So you can use your picks to pick up players from outside your zone first and then use your lower picks to recruit players from your zone that are unavailable to other teams before you.

Free kick counts? Are you suggesting bias? With players like Toby Greene in your side you really don't expect to concede more free kicks?
West Coast are the most favoured side - good luck to them. Note that the Hawks despite their success have been heavily penalised over the years.
Same as the Ross Lyon defensive style teams.

Treatments in Germany are not dodgy - ASADA/WADA approved. We can afford to give our players the best treatment possible - so what?

I was happy to give the Giants the abilty to raise a competitive side with draft concessions etc but there needs to come a time when you cut the cord.
What? Only interstate sides are allowed to been given advantages? You really want a Brisbane style 3-peat because the early advantages given were excessive.
Teams like the Pies had to deal with the GWS devil to get top draft talent like Treloar and Adams to maintain their player list going forward.

Richmond favoured? What a laugh - ask a few Richmond supporters. Over 30 years between flags.

You really don't know much - do you Andre.

Free kick differential over the last 15 years
renderTimingPixel.png

Post image

Last edited:
Tony Liberatore won his Brownlow before he started scragging.
He also played in an era where retribution was far more prevalent. He was tougher because he copped plenty all his career and won them with a grin. Snipers these days get away with too much. Needs to be stopped.

*yawn*
See how much money each club receives from the AFL.

Also note introduction of a revenue tax, also known as a wealth tax, where financially stronger clubs contributed to a pool that was shared by the poorer clubs. A total of 10 clubs contributed with Hawthorn, Collingwood and West Coast — as much as they objected — forced to pay in $1m each extra over two years.
The AFL is paying for your academy. Clubs used to have zones in the VFL days but they have gone - so now your allowed to have a zone but other teams aren't?
Free kick counts? Are you suggesting bias? With players like Toby Greene in your side you really don't expect to concede more free kicks?
Treatments in Germany are not dodgy - ASADA approved.
When Collingwood through its own fault went bankrupt in the mid '70s they didn't get a single dollar from the league, they bailed themselves out.

Happy to give the Giants the abilty to raise a competitive side with draft concessions etc but there needs to come a time when you cut the cord.

Richmond favoured? What a laugh - ask a few Richmond supporters. Over 30 years between flags.
View attachment 744825

Free kick differential over the last 15 years
renderTimingPixel.png

Post image

Are you a tax agent as well as being a lawyer? Perhaps apply for a HECS refund there as well 👍

Are you a tax agent as well as being a lawyer? Perhaps apply for a HECS refund there as well 👍
Usual BS response, you really need a new joke writer - how about addressing the facts.
You don't even read - I told you before I never paid HECs so how can I get a refund for something I never paid?
Must be a GWS style accounting trait. Always trying to get extra dollars whether you are entitled to it or not.

Truth hurts Andre - unfortunately Gold Coast are a basket case and are unsustainable no matter what the AFL does with it.
There is viability for two teams in Sydney but they have to be able to compete in an even competition and that means adjustments to the fiscal and drafting advantages you were initially given.

Last edited:
Usual BS response, you really need a new joke writer - how about addressing the facts.
You don't even read - I told you before I never paid HECs so how can I get a refund for something I never paid?
Must be a GWS style accounting trait. Always trying to get extra dollars whether you are entitled to it or not.

Truth hurts Andre - unfortunately Gold Coast are a basket case and are unsustainable no matter what the AFL does with it.
There is viability for two teams in Sydney but they have to be able to compete in an even competition and that means adjustments to the fiscal and drafting advantages you were initially given.
Imagine having a problem with the AFL helping out newer less established clubs. That's lower than anything Toby Greene has done by a mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn are not a wealthy club without income from insidious poker machines.

Collingwood does not exist without the AFL.

All clubs benefit from TV rights revenue from GC and GWS. This revenue far exceeds whatever is put in.

The rest of the world has moved on from the Toby Greene incident but you keep bleating. Move on old man, build a bridge.

Imagine having a problem with the AFL helping out newer less established clubs. That's lower than anything Toby Greene has done by a mile.
Did you actually read what I said:
"Happy to give the Giants the abilty to raise a competitive side with draft concessions etc but there needs to come a time when you cut the cord."
Guess you missed that bit champ.

Hawthorn are not a wealthy club without income from insidious poker machines.

Collingwood does not exist without the AFL.

All clubs benefit from TV rights revenue from GC and GWS. This revenue far exceeds whatever is put in.

The rest of the world has moved on from the Toby Greene incident but you keep bleating. Move on old man, build a bridge.
Then why are you continuing with your bleats....
Geez the flathead are biting well today...
I'm done.
Best of luck in the finals.

Did you actually read what I said:
"Happy to give the Giants the abilty to raise a competitive side with draft concessions etc but there needs to come a time when you cut the cord."
Guess you missed that bit champ.
Lol "draft concessions" mean nothing if you don't have a properly funded club the players can come into and be established and grow. I'm sure there will be a time to cut the cord as you say and I agree that if a club like GC remains an eternal basket case for another 5-10 years the AFL would really have to think of cutting their losses.

I don't understand how at this point there is any injustice in the way they've supported the expansion clubs in ways older more established clubs aren't.

We just totally hate GW$. It's a cultural thing. The same organisation that tried to merge us out of existence, funded them to get a couple of our young guns like Callan Ward while we were battling for success all for corporate financial reasons. They're a total fake in our eyes. Then on the other hand, they were the perfect opponent to meet in 2016 - the stars aligned. So we should be grateful really I guess.

The 'WESTERN' bulldogs is fake- Smorgon and co pushed for 're-branding' as Footscray evoked images of poverty. Your club only exists due to handouts from the big clubs. Granted GWS got gifted $$ and picks- but I wouldnt be biting the hand that feeds.

Lol "draft concessions" mean nothing if you don't have a properly funded club the players can come into and be established and grow. I'm sure there will be a time to cut the cord as you say and I agree that if a club like GC remains an eternal basket case for another 5-10 years the AFL would really have to think of cutting their losses.

I don't understand how at this point there is any injustice in the way they've supported the expansion clubs in ways older more established clubs aren't.
I hear what your saying, but consider this.
Pies made an operating profit of just over $100k last year - the third lowest in the league. (Lowest was GWS who made a loss of approx $2m)
This is despite generating the 2nd Highest revenue of any club - both WC and the Pies both earned $82m.
The Pies got the least amount of redistributed funds from the AFL some $12m less than GWS, Brisbane, Goldcoast, Saints, Port etc
Pies contributed the most money to the AFL fund, as well as an additional $1m wealth tax which was also paid by WC and the Hawks.

Yes the Pies paid the the most of any clubs on their football departments (which is capped) - but actually GWS paid the most of any AFL Club because the Pies figure includes their AFLW side and their VFL side.
So GWS can spend the most (even $3.5m more than Essendon etc), receive the most revenue from the AFL administration and still run at a loss because the AFL will still pick up the tab.

Now I don't have a problem with the need to redistribute monies to keep GWS, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Saints etc alive to have a national competition - and you say there is "no injustice" - but you have to admit their is some "injustice" when a well run club like Collingwood, that works hard like every other side competing for revenue streams to get its corporate sponsorships, memberships, etc is getting bled to that extent. (Also WC and the Hawks)

So when GWS supporters whinge about Eddie and Collingwood etc and wonder why they complain when the AFL tries to place more imposts on them, sorry if I find it a bit rich.
A bit of respect for doing the hard lifting of helping to fund other clubs in the league wouldn't go astray.
Older established clubs, Pies WC and Hawks are being disadvantaged to the tune of approximately $40million a year in bearing the cost of establishing the expansion clubs.

So when you say "I don't understand how at this point there is any injustice in the way they've supported the expansion clubs in ways older more established clubs aren't." Hmmm.
(...and then you get some bozzo trying to say that the Pies are the lovechild of the AFL not GWS.. :rolleyes:)
Of course GWS are at present a lovechild - the AFL are running the club and needs them to succeed. Sorry.
The AFL even intervened in the Toby Greene case in recommending to its own Tribunal to impose the $7500 fine as the penalty not suspension.
They even had an ex AFL boss who was part of the administration that introduced and recommended tougher penalties to try and curb the type of offences commited by Greene defending him at the Tribunal.

Going forwards I have no doubt GWS will be able to stand on its own feet financially.
As there are only two teams in Australias biggest city the revenue streams are enormous.
The Swans currently have the 2nd highest corporate sponsorship in the league.
The financial support cord will eventually be able to be cut for GWS.

However, I would cut the losses with the Suns and establish a new expansion club in Tassie instead. Throwing good money after bad.
Even the NRL and the A-League have struggled to establish franchises on the Gold Coast....(and of course there was the Brisbane Bears at Carrara.)

Last edited:
The part where I said that the rest of what was posted was 100% irrelevant to the dog act that he performed. Separate incidents. Not condoning does not allocate the severity of what was done whatsoever. That is what we are truly discussing. The fact is the initial charge was one of "serious" misconduct. So Toby was found guilty of "serious" misconduct but then only received a fine. This "serious" misconduct is something that we do not want our junior league players to emulate. As such, it required a strong statement by the AFL. A suspension should have been given. The fact he plead guilty and showed remorse should not have mitigated the penalty which apparently it did.
I love how people say, “two separate incidents” like one was ten minutes after the other.
You’ve never seen a player retaliate to support another?
As I said, his reaction went a little too far and he was fined. Falsely accused of eye gouging as well.
He got penalised for what he did.
The bulldog player that actually DID rub Josh Kelly’s face didn’t get a mention. Where’s your outrage at that?
Don’t bother answering. I know what your one-eyed response will be. Go watch the footage.

I love how people say, “two separate incidents” like one was ten minutes after the other.
You’ve never seen a player retaliate to support another?
As I said, his reaction went a little too far and he was fined. Falsely accused of eye gouging as well.
He got penalised for what he did.
The bulldog player that actually DID rub Josh Kelly’s face didn’t get a mention. Where’s your outrage at that?
Don’t bother answering. I know what your one-eyed response will be. Go watch the footage.
You're an idiot if you think I'm one eyed. I don't barrack for either team. I saw the incident. The other incidents are separate and I said should be dealt with separately. Retaliation has never been an excuse for behaviour.

I see you're a Giants supporter. LMAO. Talk about someone being one eyed about it! Take a look in the mirror buddy.

You're an idiot if you think I'm one eyed. I don't barrack for either team. I saw the incident. The other incidents are separate and I said should be dealt with separately. Retaliation has never been an excuse for behaviour.

I see you're a Giants supporter. LMAO. Talk about someone being one eyed about it! Take a look in the mirror buddy.
What’s barracking for a team got to do with it?
I pointed out that you’d ignore the bulldog player with hands in Josh Kelly’s face, just like most people have and I was right. You’re one eyed about Toby Greene.
Thanks for playing.

What’s barracking for a team got to do with it?
I pointed out that you’d ignore the bulldog player with hands in Josh Kelly’s face, just like most people have and I was right. You’re one eyed about Toby Greene.
Thanks for playing.

Who? When? I know I didn’t see that. Btw did you see himmelburg hit bont in the face? No? Ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back