Merge documentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to have to record.Won’t be able to watch this before the game.

"Special" is not the way most Victorians would describe it

Probably not, but it isnt saying it is a special day for Fitzroy, it is a special day in the history for our current club, in it's current state, which it is.

My wife sent me a message about this last night but said don't worry about it as only available to Queensland viewers only. My wife can be wrong sometimes ( then again alot of times ) so just confirming it will be available for Victorian foxtel viewers as well.

My wife sent me a message about this last night but said don't worry about it as only available to Queensland viewers only. My wife can be wrong sometimes ( then again alot of times ) so just confirming it will be available for Victorian foxtel viewers as well.
Yes, it is on Foxtel nationwide at 5pm on Saturday on channel 504.

Don't think Foxtel breakup their channels into states. Regardless, it is nationwide and will be available in full on the website Sunday.

Very interested in this as it's before my time as a Brisbane fan and just know the basics of what happened.

Going by the image above seems there was some organised protesting - from I assume Fitzroy / Victorian fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that there isn’t one unified Fitzroy perspective. No one person speaks for the complex and varied views of Fitzroy fans. Some jumped on board the merged club, some called it a day and then there are a whole bunch who fit into the shades of grey.

So it will be hard to feel like everyone is spoken for.

Any idea on when it goes up on Kayo (on demand)?

The problem is that there isn’t one unified Fitzroy perspective. No one person speaks for the complex and varied views of Fitzroy fans. Some jumped on board the merged club, some called it a day and then there are a whole bunch who fit into the shades of grey.

So it will be hard to feel like everyone is spoken for.
At least they tried. Really imo a waste of resources.

A documentary following Chris Fagan this year and the rise of the Lions would make for much more interesting viewing.

Especially since no one really cares about Fitzroy anymore. And no one really cared about the bears either.

At least they tried. Really imo a waste of resources.

A documentary following Chris Fagan this year and the rise of the Lions would make for much more interesting viewing.

Especially since no one really cares about Fitzroy anymore. And no one really cared about the bears either.
Bit harsh re " no one really cares about Fitzroy anymore ". Fitzroy will always be dear to my heart and will always be remembered and never forgotten. All the work Arthur Wilson has done re the historical society and all the memorabilia in the room at Etihad shows that plenty of people still care about the history of the Fitzroy Football Club.

Especially since no one really cares about Fitzroy anymore.

Don't confuse "you" with "no one". That "no one" cares about Fitzroy is debatable, considering the Roys still exist in their own right and have one of the highest (if not the highest) memberships of any club currently competing in the VAFA. Not to mention quite a few in the Lions' Melbourne supporter base, such as Arthur Wilson and Kevin Murray. Kevin and other former players and administrators of Fitzroy such as Bill Stephen have often attended Fitzroy Football Club functions in the last few years.

I do know a couple of years ago Fitzroy Football Club had 1,200 paid up members. Certainly that's not on the scale of an AFL club, but still more than "no-one".

Fitzroy are of course a unique club in that they are the only football club to have competed in the VFA, VFL, AFL and the VAFA competitions throughout their 136 year history.

And no one really cared about the bears either.

Ah Billy. Really? The "Brisbane Bears" are the "Brisbane Lions". Formed in 1986 and joined the VFL-AFL in 1987.

In pretty much the same way "Footscray" are the "Western Bulldogs".

Last edited:

Welcome back. Obviously you have chosen to continue on trolling like before your departure. Quit it.

Just not true Billy.

Tell Arthur Wilson, Bulldog Murray, Jono Brown or the thousands of ex-Fitzroy fans that follow Brisbane that no one cares about Fitzroy.

Hell, many younger people that weren’t even around whose family friends that followed Fitzroy prior to the merge care.

I like you Billy, but please don’t disrespect Fitzroy.

Probably not, but it isn't saying it is a special day for Fitzroy, it is a special day in the history for our current club, in it's current state, which it is.
It is part of the history of our current club, you can't separate the two, just like you can't separate it from the Bears.

This is SO true. And my (bitter) feelings are reserved only for the league who allowed it to happen to meet their own agenda, not towards the club.

Tell Collingwood supporters that no one cares about the Bears. They miss the Bears so much they regularly pay respectful homage to our past in conversations about the current team

Yeah

"Bears this, Bears that"...….Bears everywhere.

They are obsessed.

Yeah

"Bears this, Bears that"...….Bears everywhere.

They are obsessed.

They're obsessed over their potential GF opponents...

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back